W1- 17: Doubting One’s Self
154 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Late chapter again, been grinding asphalt 9 car hunt.

"Let's coat this~ with air mag~ic." Leafa then prepared her bow. An glowing arrow then appeared in her hand. Nocking it on her bow.

The enraged ogres noticed this.

The four of them charged at her, however....

"Sharon.....assist her...." Leight ordered her girlfriend. To which the gray haired girl nodded.

"I gotcha darling." She prepared to cast her lightning, strings of lightning envelope in her hands. She casted a basic spell.

"Lightning [Chained]" Lightning was then shot at the four ogres. As the name of the spell implies. Lightning bounces from the first to final ogre. Still...

They didn't feel anything....

Their movements were paralyzed for a few seconds, then slowed for another few seconds, and their attention is then redirected to the gray haired girl who casted it.

The blonde man then walked to the front of Sharon, he unsheathed his sword, he pointed it at them as he moved at inhuman speed. And-

*DINGGG* An almost metal sound was heard. The ogres were in fact, not hurt by the attack as they looked at Leight as they roared again...

"URAAAGGHHHH!!!!!!" An ear-piercing roar was then heard again. Aaron and Ildi almost deactivated their spell. Hell let loose again.....

'This is getting worse.....' Leight thought. By the second enraged ogres are getting stronger and stronger.

'The worse part is.....there seems to be no limit, they'll just keep getting stronger and stronger.' They truly are fucked....

"I'm about~ to fire it~." Leafa then released the nock, an arrow almost at the speed of sound was then fired. And hitting a horn of the first of the four ogres.

The horn shattered....

And it regenerated again.....

But-

Leafa discovered something.....

'Looks like the mana nature of the crack can't replicate a horn.....' She observed the one she destroyed with arrow earlier....

Only to be regenerated into slightly inferior version of itself. There is one problem....

'But my mana vein will be dam-... Wait no let's see it first.' She continued oberving after preparing to nock another arrow....

....

*crack* Barrage of punches caused the dome with the combination of the hundred shield to slightly crack. Just 20 seconds in.... the duo, Aaron and Ildi are tired just holding them of. The provocation spell has signifantly lost it's effect to convert it into defensive power.

"We can't hold this for too long....!" Aaron shouted. The five man party heard this....

What choice could they do. This may be their final resting place....

...but they won't give up....!!!

They just have to keep trying than die giving up....

In the midst of chaos Klover was still sitting behind, procastinating about what to do.....

'No wonder you're a disappointment...'

'If only you weren't born....'

'Your younger sister has the highest grade in school, a leading team to win the national championship off almost every sport... So why can't you.' Thoughts swirled in his head. His fears has risen again. The fear of being left out....

He wanted to forget. So he ran away....

This was supposed to be his second chance....

He slapped his face with both of his hands, shook his head as he gritted his teeth. He needed to snap out. They will die with just a little slip-up.

'I've gotta snap out of it.... there must be something I can do...' He looked to his scrolls again, again and again....

He analyzed his situation. Aaron and Ildi barely holding it in as the barrage of random attacks from the five ogres caused it to slightly crack. It's only a matter of time till it happens.

They never expected the ogres to be this mad already. 'Damn crack.' Is what the five man party thought.

Estimating the difficulty level of this monsters. It's....

A- Rank. This wasn't a difficulty spike, this is a fucking dificulty wall...!!!

They need to figure something out.

*swish* The sound of arrow was then heard. Hitting the one of the four ogres coming at Leight  has his horn shattered, only tp be regenrated again, this time it's slower

The two girls kill them as fast as possible, since Leight's stamina as a bait is limited. Though it won't hold for much long as their mana will run out, it will give them time to regenerate atleast.

Klover looked at them....just a single look is enough for Klover to give him an idea. He picked his scroll.

Water [Overflow], using this scroll will summon a larged condensed water fired with the speed of sound at the direction the owner wields it. And that was the hard part.

What if instead it will hit his allies...?

'Urghhhh....!!!' He shook his head again. What a pessimist.

*Crack* The dome protecting them is almost broken, Leight supported the two girls as he hastily pondered if he could support the two of them at the same time.

"URAGGGGHHHH!!!!" The bait between the four ogres was the blonde haired man, since physical attacks seems to have no effects on them as he tried to hit them, he tried to be a bait to make up his useless physical strength.

*Shatters* Glass like sounds was then broken by, their eyes widened.

The dome was broken....

"Grkk." Grunts of pain can be heard, and then fear...

"Shit....!!!" Leight cursed, this wasn't the first time their party encountered a life threatening situation, for the three years they've been together this situation right now is like the combination of every near deaths they've encountered.

He musn't give up....

He taught himself what true honor is, unlike those "knights" in his homeland, especially since the invasion is about to begin. He gritted his teeth, a knight must never abandon it's companions.

Even if it means sacrificing one's self....

Another ear-shattering scream was then heard again....

They covered their ears, as the provocation spell was completely broken....

Bloodshot eyes of the monsters, directed to every living being with the exception of it's kin in it's sight.

"URAGGGGHHHH...!!!!!" They charged at every living being they can find, with the five enraged ogres  after breaking the dome Ildi and Aaron created. The three targetting Leafa, Sharon and Leight.

And the last one....

It's killing intent directed at Klover, it's bloodshot eyes amplified it's intent even further.

They're getting even more stronger.....

The one ogre then charged at Klover, it's fast speed almost caught Klover off guard but he quickly dodged it.

Barely.

Grounds shook as ogre missed his attack. Birds flying out of their nests in fear, as the the enraged ogre hit a tree instead.

"Ghkkk....." What should Klover do. Many thoughts surfaced in his head. Not having enough time to organized it's thoughts. He quickly dodged again and again.

'I don't want to die....' He swore in his head that he won't die, atleast not yet...

This is his second chance....

To become a better version of himself to what he's done in his old world....

To not be burdened with heavy expectations....

And to be acknowledged....

'So why won't it work....' Tears threatening to spill out of his eyes as he barely kept dodging using Body Strengthening. Frustration and fear half-swallowed him.

He want to run away to live, and to abandon them....

...but he can't.

...the guilt will eat him for the rest of his life if he ran away. Wanting to achieve something without doing anything is what he wished unconsciously...

Yet there he was, the moment he wished for some deus ex machina bullshit to come. Yet it didn't.

He believed himself to get stronger, so he waited.

Days turned into months.....

....months turned into year...

Yet he didnt....

Why can't he be like that person.1Referring to ch 10 about the harem cheat protag.

He doesn't realized it. But he felt envious of their abilities, if only he has that kind of ability...

This shit wouldn't have happened....

If only he has that power, then....

They can probably get back safely....

"Keep going I'll continue being the bait....!" Yells of the blonde knight was heard in the background. With Aaron enduring the ongoing barrages of attacks as his shield shows signs of being dented, Ildi supporting him by giving a buff, hoping that they can give enough time for the three to finish their business to support them here next.

Leight acting as a bait as the two girls keep hitting the ogres' horns as their power slowly weakened but still out of their league. And Klover....

His mana vein is almost to the point of exhaustion, with extreme fatigue following it next, so he didn't want to risk it. He stopped....

As the ogre is about to release his next attack again, he opened his scroll, he yelled.

"Water...!!! [Overflow]." Then it was summoned, a larged condensed water as he aimed it at his attacker's horn, he doesn't care if it misses, Then he'll fire another one. Till he runs out of it.

*Spash*

It was successful, as the horn broke it is then regenerated to an inferior version of itself, this meant that it is slightly weaker, albeit stronger.

But the monster didn't flinch, not even once. He forgot....

Klover's eyes widened in despair....

They have already lost their minds, so why would they flinch, to kill everything is what's in their mind....

*SMAACCKK* *BOOOOM*

A large explosion occurred, with Klover involved...

"Shit...!!!! KLOVER!!!" A yell full of worry and fear was heard. It was Leight, another lethal swing of punch from the ogre was directed at Leight.

....he dodged it barely.

'Now what....!!???' Leight thought, this situation is getting even worse and worse, he looked at the couple a fews meters away barely holding it in, Ildi almost running out of magic and Aaron barely holding it in....

'What should I do...!!???' The blonde knight thought to himself again, he gritted his teeth as he continued dodging. The first ogre was already dead, as it's horn kept replicating an inferior version of itself, the mana inside of it can't fully contain it's power, as a result...

They exploded. The horns that is.

With no source of mana to make them stronger Leight killed them immediately.

Now there is only seven left as Leight killed the other one just recently.

'That kid...!!!' He kept dodging as he's stuck in a deadlock. Ildi and Aaron, their bodies already showed signs of extreme fatigue. Once they were out, the other five will charge at them too, that includes Leafa and Sharon. And Klover....

Though he doesn't care too much of the boy, he wanted to get his people go back to safety with minimal casualties, Klover included.

Now that said boy is almost dying from the clutches of that monster in front of them.

Ildi kept using Dark [Provocation], and Light [Heal] to Aaron. As Aaron kept defending, he wanted to cast an advanced spell that to deflect the attacks of opponent, but he will have to let his guard down for a while as he need to cast it. He needs help...

"Leight...!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, to which the blonde knight responded immediately.

"....what....!!???" Leight asked in confusion, what could he be talking at a time like this, but he felt like this is important. So he listened, with his years of honed battle instincts kicking in autopilot, as the two ogres kept attacking him.

"...you can forgive for this but, I need your help distracting them, I'll recast the shield again but stronger with Ildi's help....!!! He yelled in desperation, Leight knew what he was thinking, the same as the others too.

'I/We don't want to die.' Thoughts resonated from their minds. He gritted his teeth again in frustration. Their are too many responsibilities to take care of. He probably already failed one. He hoped that kid is alive...

"The both of you, can you two hold on to these ogres back for a bit...!!" He turned to the girls, he too was worried about their safety. Especially Klover...

"We'll try...." Seemingly no confidence coming from their mouth, it amplified his worry even more.

'What if they die....' He doesn't want a future without them in the picture. he unwillingly abandoned his position to help Ildi and Aaron. He ran fast as he yelled tiredly.

"Ildi...!!! Cast a faint provocation spell on me.....!!" Leight was dead tired, he was not sure he could go on any longer but he doesn't want any of them to die.

Ildi quickly nodded, anything for her husband to live she casted a provocation spell on the blonde haired knight on the distanc with a chant.

"Dark [Provocation]...!!!" A red aura was formed in her wand, and was then transferred to Leight. In which attracted a the five ogres, they in turn looked at him. He grimaced.

"....come."

They in turn followed suite by his words, their killing intent worsened, provocation really got them ticked off.

'I'll have to attract that one ogre Klover is fighting for too.' He hoped Klover was alive, as he ran to the east as to attract the monster that is about to torture and kill that boy.

.....

 Klover woke up in a strange place, it was bright for some reason....

He tried to open his eyes as a memory he wanted to cherish was shown to him. A boy with the same face but at a young age was playing on a grassy land, smiling with his two prodigal childhood friends by his side...

4