W1- 19: Retreat
139 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"KLOVER!!!!" a yell was heard and it was from a certain blonde knight. That was Leight....

"Ghhkkk...!!!" He was too late, the boy's body was beaten so bad the point that it's almost unrecognisable, his face was deformed as the skull supporting his teeth was about to fall. A bone piercing his flesh inside out in his leg, as more blood flowed.

But...

"He's still alive....!" He was both surprised and relieved. No one could survive this far, not until the ogre who is responsible for Klover's current situation then looked at him with killing intent. It's eyes looking for the next prey.

And it seemed it has found it as the provocation spell might made it worse.

"RAAAAGGHHHH!!!!" Another roar was heard again causing Leight to flinch. He gritted his teeth, as how can he get Klover out of this situation.

The giant red monster is now coming at him with the same momentum before Klover fell unconscious, as that thing prepare it's onslaught of attacks, Leight dodged it with precision as realization dawned him.

"....this one is weakened too huh..." He grimaced to what the boy's actions did but at least he weakened the enraged ogre, though at the cost of his current state.

'I'm gonna need him to be healed by Ildi...' He thought as he dodged another hit. It's attacks and speed have been greatly weakened, though not to the point where he can kill him. Just indirectly.

'Just paralayzed him by cutting the muscles supporting his movements, then nature will take care of it.' Though that is a little hard, that difficulty won't hold Leight back. He's gotta act fast, or the boy will bleed to death.

"Basic [Body Strengthening].1Gotta edit the other chapters to with this one. A sudden surge of power suddenly caused Leight to feel a slight nausea, his body unlocking a greater level of strength.

*Swoosh* A sudden gust of wind, which was in fact the cause of Leight's sudden movement due to body strengthening as thrice as strong to Klover's.

He then directed his sword sideways as he charged his momentum, aiming at the ogres achilles tendons, he charged with even greater momentum that not even the weakened ogre can predict based on it's instincts.

*Clang* *Shtick*

Instead of being sliced immediately it was instead stuck, the ogre however took seconds to notice it. He tried to grab the blond knight's arms to entrapped him and possibly crush him and it failed.

Leight immediately redirected his position via somersailting his entire body as he quickly regained his footing to avoid his attacks as he quickly grabbed his stuck sword.

*Splash* The ogre, still unflinched albeit slowed physically continued his onslaught of counter attacks, once it's grabbed Leight's body with his intense grip, everything will be over in an insant.

Once Leight grabbed a hold of his sword he observed the foot of the ogre he inflicted damaged just now...

"...it worked...!!!" He'll have to hasten up even more as he continued the same process.

*THONK* It was stuck again as he did the same thing he did earlier. As the ogre tried to grab the blonde knight, it was already too late as he was gone in an instant. His physical prowess was slowly being reduced.

"URAGGGHHHHH" Seemingly irratated by this, he roared again, another ear piercing scream causing Leight to to cover his ears. As the ogre charged at him as Leight let his guard down albeit still slow.

*Slashh*

"Ghkk...!" A claw then hit Leight as he barely dodged the attack, small blood spurted on his face, he gritted his teeth in pain as he healed himself.

"Light [Heal]." Though not as strong as Ildi's spell, it was enough to stop the blood flowing out from his body, he stood up again as he charged at the monster to grab his sword.

Now close to the ogre he pulled his stuck sword out, causing blood to spew from the ogre's tendons.

However, Leight already has his job done as the ogre slowly loses his footing, eventually falling to his knees. Seemingly paralyzed as he can't move his feet.

"...gotta stay away from the arms. He might grab me if he has the chance...." He stayed away from the monster as it can still move his arms.

He then went to Klover, the unrecognisable face greatly disturbed Leight as he healed him, though not enough to "fix" it's features, just to stop the bleeding.

"Don't die on me kid...!!!" He scolded him. Then-

"RAAAARRGGGHH!!!!" Another roar resounded and it wasn't the paralayzed one, it was the five ogres he provoked earlier. Their noses fuming with anger as they continued to charged at him.

"Shit....!!!" He was way to focused on the battle, he hastily grabbed the injured kid as he carried him on his back.

'Basic [Body Strengthening]' Another surge of power flowed through Leight as he felt a little nauseous. He ran past them, his calm demeanor as the result to years of near death experience. An air was immediately blown away due to Leight's sudden speed.

*Swoosh* They failed to hit nor grab him, they ran after the blonde knight just to satiate their never-ending thirst for blood.

 Leight kept running while carrying the severely injured kid as the ogres finally catched up to him. Any second now, and they could be dead meat, so he ran in a zig-zag line.

Though enraged ogres have extreme speed, they don't have the agility to catch Leight while running in a zig-zag line. Their heavy bodies prevent them from moving a location to another immediately, thus causing other to fall, trip and slip due to tight space of lush and trees. But that didn't stop them as they stood up again.

When those monsters lose their momentum Leight sped up immediately, currently regretting his earlier actions as he was thinking what happened to Klover. He stopped for a bit as he checked his back.

*Sigh* A sigh of relief was released by the blonde knight, he then continued his original pace until he find his party.

Klover was okay as he was still breathing.

Leight knew he was going to take responsibility about what happened...

As he was back, he was then greeted by the sight of Leafa, Aaron, Ildi and Sharon, though looking at their state, He assumed that they successfully defeated the enraged ogres. They all have a faces varying from surprised, relieved and to horror as soon they saw Klover's state with Ildi being the most affected by it.

"Oh god....!! What the hell happe-"

"Heal him first, then I'll explain what happened." As soon as Ildi asked for an explanation Leight immediately interrupted her. To which the violet haired woman nodded.

'8th Page of the Book of Adrean El Magmeis.' A faint glow from her hands appeared.

"Light [Reconstruction]." This advanced spell screams the quote "Easier said than done." while they are advanced spells that doesn't need requirements, there are also spells that require one.

For example, Light [Reconstruction] Requires the caster to learn the entire anatomy of a human, an animal etc.... So they would in fact know where to restore those missing organs, bones and muscle and then visualize it and know how it works, if they're missing one in the first place. One mistake can cause a permanent significant drain in the caster's mana, which is why Ildi is in a state of complete focus.

As she was in the process of healing, Leight asked his companions some questions. The atmosphere being tense, as they have no more time left.

"What's the situation....?" Though it was dumb for him to ask such question he needed to make sure what happened.

'Did the monsters run away, due to being outnumbered...?' He shrugged that question off. As it doesn't make any sense since those monster have long lost their minds the moment they get influenced by the nature of the crack.

'Did they defeat them...?' If so where is the corpses, the remains of them. That was the question he himself would have asked, there are still human remains at the ground due to his incompetence of not being here earlier, which just makes it worse as he failed to protect the boy they were supposed to guide earlier.

It was his duty as the leader to make sure everyone is safe, though he failed just now. And it was eating him...?

'Though I'm an exiled knight, my duty to protect the people will never fade.' Determination is then seen in his eyes, as he will make up his mistakes two folds.

"Aren't you supposed to answer our question first..." The gray haired man answered slyly, clearly trying to lighten up the already tense situation, not noticing the glare from a certain gray and green haired girl as he continued.

"I mean Ildi as-," Noticing the glares, he closed his eyes as he shifted his expression to pure seriousness.

"...well we defeated them using myself as a bait with Ildi supporting me by temporarily increasing my stamina. The finishing blow goes from Sharon though, and Leafa for destroying his horns." Aaron said grimly, as he looked at the burnt environment behind him. He twitched his eyes.

'Without Ildi, we would've been died.' Aaron thought in his mind, as he quickly shook his head. As he sat on a fallen trunk.

"What about you, you didn't get an-"

"I'm done." The violet haired woman's voice interrupted the buff gray haired man's question. To which he didn't mind since it was his wife anyway.

"I restored his entire body to it's original state but he'll wake up in no time, but his blood, I can't fully replicate it. I'm sorry." She apologized, her guilt rising, as she failed to restore his blood.

'Guess we'll find a better healer after this, he may be slightly temporarily weakened, but it shouldn't affect his performance in fights.' She bit his lip, her pride as a supporter clearly hurt, but she accepted it anyway.

'As they say "There is always someone better than you."' Ildi sighed until-.

"OOOORRAGGGGHHHH...!!!" A loud sound that they thought they are gone had appeared again. An ear piercing scream so loud, that they again covered their ears.

"Oi oi oi, they aren't dead..!!???" Aaron gritted his teeth in frustration and anger. He was clearly tired, as he glared at Leight who also the same either.

"Tch...!!! I forgot about them, of course I can't kill them, they aren't even weakened in the first place...!!!" The blonde knight felt useless, he clutched his fist as he retorted at the gray haired man.

"Leafa, Sharon can you still fight...!!!???" He looked at them in a hurry, only to have his hopes shattered as they too can't fight.

"We're almost out of mana, just a small usage of it will cause us extreme fatigue so we can't risk it." It was Leafa who said those words, as her cheerful persona was replaced with a serious one.

"Ghk....tch.!!!" He clicked his mouth a he thought of things on how to escape this situation. He was slowly losing his cool.

'What can I do then...!!???' He looked at them as he spotted the violet haired haired woman, afraid and nervous.

'Maybe she still has mana.' Leight though, Ildi always had a large pool of it. Which is great for long-term battles, he then asked her

"Do you still have mana left Ildi...?" The blonde knight finally kept his cool, to which the violet haired woman nodded.

He sighed in relief as he pieced the puzzles in his mind on what she can do...

'Based on her records...no no I shouldn't think of that.'

'The battle earlier, maybe she can give us mana. No that won't work either.'

"ORAGGGGGHHHH!!!"

'Stamina....no no not that too.'

'Think think THINK...!!!!" he grabbed his hair. What can he do, he looked at his allies faces, anxiousness and worry can be seen through their faces. He bit his lip so hard that blood flowed through.

"...shit." He said in fear and frustration, what can they do...? If only they didn't participate in the first place. Maybe this shouldn't have happe-

He shook his head. He must not think like this, they did of their own volition, so the blame falls on Leight.

Someone patted his shoulders he looked to trace the source, it was-

"Maybe we should take care of this. Go..." It was the gray haired man, much to the surprise of other people standing Ildi too spoke.

"We still have mana left to spare, go....call the reinforcements. We can hold on for about thirty minutes...and....no nevermind." Her heartwarming smile resembled those of a mother.

"ORAGGGGGGHHHH!!!!"

"...what are you talking about...?" Leight said bewildered by their words. He doesn't want to leave them that's what he wanted. He doesn't want to see them hurt.

"No, not you too...." It was Leafa, she frowned as she looked at them betrayed, angry and sad. Why does everyone she loves have to disappear...? She shook her head.

'No they won't die....right.....?' She tried to ignore the reality before her, the couple was clearly lying. Doubt crossed her mind as she gritted her teeth.

"...." For Sharon, she was speechless. No words she could convey except sadness. The bonds they made over the course of yea-

'No they won't be gone...?'

"We don't have much time.... Leight, don't worry to much about it. We'll live, for sure..." Aaron tried his best to put on a good smile. He wasn't sure if they could last that long, but they have to live. In order to survive an impossible situation, sacrifices must be made. He closed his eyes as he sighed, before he looked at them.

"You've grown....brat." He muttered, as he walked in front of them as he faced the ogres. Together with his wife.

He looked at them once more as he said his final words.

"Go...."

2