W1- 20: E – Impatience
116 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For those who don't know I've some announcement days earlier, to which I've rewritten the ending of chapter 19, as it doesn't make sense to me in any way.

Silence....

In a black filled void there was a person floating, alone.

Drowning in guilt, anger and fear, as the void suddenly brightens into a sea of clouds then-

He woke up....

...no he was already awake, as he stared into an endless blue sky. He felt relaxed, relieved because all of his problems was slowly fading away. This the perfect place to just relax.

As he layed down he smiled....

Was it fulfillment, contentment...? He doesn't know and doesn't intend to know as he threw those questions away in his head.

He watched the clouds materialize in to something familiar. His eyes widened in horror, the landscape filled blue was then replaced with blood.

It was everywhere...

His breathes abnormal as he tried to assess the situation he was in, as the clouds form something he doesn't want to see.

Towering 3 meters long, stood the red monster with two horns, it's hands pulsating with veins as if it was ready to kill. It's nose blowing steam in anger, as it looked at him.

He shrieked in fear, as he tried to run away. Yet his feet felt like it was wrapped in chain, restricting his very movements. As the monster closes in, he tried his best to run away even further.

'I'll die.' He thought. His ragged breathes as the result of him running way even further, yet the monster catched up to him as always. He realized...

...it was playing with him. He was enjoying the fear induced by the tiny human, he grinned maniacally as it's bottom large two teeth was shown.

He shouted yet no voice came out, he was trap in this hellscape with the monster closing in. It's size became larger as it's coming even closer.

He cried out of fear...

As it's hand growing near him, he screamed. Gouging his eyes, he felt it. Every single detail of it, the feeling of eyes being pulled out of his brain felt painless yet disgusting at the same time.

As it's other hand fractured it's arms and legs, more blood spilled as it's bones pierced it's outer flesh, like a kid playing with a doll, his eyes widened further. Why couldn't he run away, no he was paralyzed in fear...

As his fate is slowly being sealed.

 'Ah....ah......AHHHHH....!!!!

....

"AHHHH.....!!!!!!!" Klover woke up, as he checked his surroundings, clearly not aware that he's awake. It wasn't there, that thing wasn't there. As he looked outside his window.

It was nighttime.

*Scratch*

He sighed in relief, as his expression turned into horror again, he inspected his entire body as his arms and limbs intact yet the feeling felt so real and fake at the same time as he shivered just remembering it. He didn't realize tears was falling in his eyes.

*Scratch*

'Good....' He wasn't dead. That's right he wasn't dead. He finally gained his sense self as another wave of relief washed over him. As he finally checked his surroundings for real this time.

Footsteps was then heard, as he then put his guard. Even with no weapons, Klover can still put quite a good fight. If he fought an average human that is.

The feeling of incoming dread and despair took over him, as his entire body shook in place. Frozen in fear.

*Door Creaks*

"Ghkk....!!!" The door was opened as he prepared his stance, still looking rusted as he just woke up just now, his entire body felt like it was about to crumble like he was carrying an entire refrigerator in back as he grimaced. And then someone appeared-

"Mister Guest....? You're looking really weird today...? Is there something something wrong....? It was Olivia as she looked at Klover in an innocent manner.

His entire body fell down. He felt like a burden was relieved in his body.

"Ha....ha ha ha..." He laughed in happiness and relief. It wasn't that thing.

"HA...HAHAHA.....!!!! Ghkk....!!!" He clutched his heart in pain, due to him laughing his lungs. Not noticing the little girl looking at him worried as he covered his eyes.

"Ye-yeah... I'm fine....." He wants to go home.... Yet where can he find it....? His idea of being transported to another world was becoming a reality, he thought he could become like those protagonist. Yet just one failure is enough to bring him to this state.

"I hate this shit..." He muttered.

"Ar- are you really fine. I'm gonna call papa for a bit, just stay there okay..!!?" She insisted as she teleported downstairs.

'I want to go home...' Those were his final thoughts as he remove his blanket, and tossed it aside. He realized he was sweating, a lot.

"I'll take a bath." He walked at the left side of his room, as he opened the door he was met with a small cauldron recently filled with water, and a basin.

'....' He then continued his day in silence, his usual expression replaced with an emotionless one.

'I fucking hate myself...'

....

"Listen here papa, Mr. Guest has been really weird today...!!! So as those people who carried him here too, today really is weird...!!!" The brown haired girl complained in a cheerful manner. Completely oblivious to the true situation happening.

"Yeah yeah, just don't talk for him for a bit, he probably just needs some space to himself. It's already night already, you should go to sleep immediately." He calmed his daughter down, as he patted her head.

"Okay....!!! Olivia then quickly left his room, leaving her father's room, leaving Jack to himself.

Jack sighed. This isn't the Klover he knew at all, after getting familiar with him, they would sometimes share secrets to each other. There was one time where he blurted out the word "Family" Klover flinced at that word as his mood significantly changed.

"Anyways, it's about time I'll get going..." Klover hurriedly stood up as he hastily went upstairs to prepare his stuff and then walked outside.

"Ah...wait....." Moments later he was then gone.... He tried to rise his right hand as if he was confused by his sudden attitude.

"This isn't normal." Jack closed his eyes as he held his face with his hands in confusion. As he shook his head for finding any answers, he gave up.

'I can't find information about him, it's like he just suddenly appeared out of nowhere, he said he came from Petval. Yet "they" didn't discover a single trace of his origins, not even once.' He sighed as he layed down in his seat as he is currently in his room.

"Weird shit just keeps happening... well that's just life is." He said as he contemplated, then another thought surfaced around his mind.

'That's right, Leight.....' He smiled, that heroic brat he knew years ago in Forst Kingdom was becoming into a calm and stern leader though he looked panicked toda, he asked him what's wrong yet Leight just said that it's his responsibility making him worried as the blonde knight left. He smiled a bit as that expression turned into scorn as he thought about his homeland.

"....those damn traitors." As he spat those final words he stood up as he went outside of his room. Locking the door behind him...1Jack and Leight side story soon. I'll do Leight first..

....

As he went outside his room after finishing his bath, he went downstairs to eat his food as it is currently nighttime. His body felt so sluggish, yet it was not at the same time.

'How long was I out...?" He questioned himself, as he looked at the table to find something to eat, while he was looking for some food to eat, A brown haired man was cleaning his cups with a cloth at the counter as he hummed. Klover narrowed his eyes.

It was Jack....

"Oh, you finally woke up. I'll prepare dinner for you, you can sit anywhere you like, everyone is mostly asleep, just wait a for bit."  With that, he disappeared, as Klover sat at his seat. His eyes darkened as he was clearly tired and his face keeping it's frown, as he contemplated in his mind.

'What truly happened...?' He closed his eyes.

'...maybe it's my fault again...?' He denied it, it clearly wasn't his fault. Yet he continued to blame himself, his mental scars embedded into him as time passed.

He clutched his hand as hard as he could.

'How can I become stronger...?' Impatience coursed through his mind, he doesn't want to burden anyone anymore. As he continued his self talk he was then interrupted by Jack who placed his food at the table.

It was a freshly cooked chicken, mixed with delicious black sauce, to pair with fresh and soft textured rice. A little bit of seasoning, mainly pepper, with rice half- surrounded with chicken nuggets. It was simple, but delicious to which Jack said it was exclusive. He stared at it, the delicious aroma of the food entered his nose. He knew this was going to be good, he didn't not realizing the drool of his mouth. Once he realized this he quickly remove the drool as he questioned Jack.

"...why are you giving something like this....? It was weird for him to give something like this. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion at Jack.

"Something to cheer you up, can you tell me what's wrong...?" He looked down in shame and embarrasment, he failed. He was supposed to be getting stronger, yes he did. But it was slow, a very slow progress, like the other adventurers did. And he didn't want that.

He wanted to be like "those" people.

"....I'm just jealous...jealous of something I want to achieve, yet I ran away cowardly when I truly do it. Is it wrong for me to have that kind of mindset." He asked Jack, hope shone in his eyes as he looked at him in question.

The man seemed to think for a moment. He shook his head as he sighed. Which then turned into a smile.

"...I too have the same mindset you see..." The statement caused Klover's eyes to widen. Someone had the same mindset as him...? No, of course not...!!!

'It isn't possible...right.....?'

"In the past, I used to be a spoiled child. Always taking credit for something I didn't do."

"How is that related to my question....?"

"Just listen first..." Jack retorted Klover's question, which caused him to flinch.

"I had everything, people do things for me without expecting a reward from me. Which strengthens my ego even further, thinking that the world revolves around me, forcing them to work even harder. Well let's just say I learned it in a very hard way." Jack reminiscence the nostalgic memory he had back then. He smiled at the thought that he truly changed for the better.

Klover nodded, he listened to the man's story dilligently as he kept his questions later.

"When they did something great, their achievements would be credited to me. Strengthening my ego and arrogance to the point that they left me. Leaving me alone to myself."

"I too thought that I could become like them, believing that it is because of me that they became to where they at right now. So I improved myself, thinking that I'll become like them immediately overnight. Then you know what happened...? It didn't, I cried myself from frustration for almost everyday. Always thinking that 'How can I become like them...?' 'How did they become stronger...?' I  questioned myself further until I found the answer.

"What was the answer then....?" Unable to keep his curiosity Klover questioned him. Maybe this could make him stronger, not to be a burden to his allies as fast as possible.

"Simple....it's called patience." Jack didn't realize the disappointed expression on Klover's face as he continued.

"Days later, I thought to my self, 'How many days did it took for them to do it...?' 'Just how many trials and errors for them to reach to where they are now.' I realized that not everyone can become stronger immediately. So I did just like how they did it, I made mistakes just like any other person would, yet I persevered, to the point where I became to where they at in the past. Until I met them again years later. I apologized to them, admitting my mistakes. To which they forgave me, but they didn't served me no more. But I accepted it, the past is the past and one we currently live in is the present and everything will always change in the future." He finished his words, as he kept remembering the nostalgic memory.

"The lesson I learned from my past is that "Everything and Anything always start from somewhere." Even if it may take years, you will always make progress as long as you focus on the things you want to do and improve."

Klover was speechless, not really understanding what he meant, as Jack smirked at the boys expression.

"The food's getting cold, fasten up and go to sleep. Be ready to face your comrades tomorrow, and don't end up like me in the past." Jack then left, leaving Klover alone at the table.

"...." He was speechless at Jack's story, perseverance...? patience...? Disbelief at his words as he hides it.

'I don't think I'll believe you words at the meantime. But I'll atleast, remember them.' He thought as he remembered Hajime one week ago in Petval.

'Makes me wonder, just where are you right now. Why didn't you save us back then...? He finished his thoughts as he finished his dinner, went back to his room to go go sleep.

I've been hooked into drawing lately, I've set up some schedule to release every 5-7 days or more.

2