W1- 22: V – Confrontation
101 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I almost ran out of ideas on how to execute this chapter, I'm really sorry. There's a fuckton of plotholes here and there, I swear I'll rewrite it soon...! Also I forgot to mention that The Exile is Leight's Party, I added a footnote last chapter.

In a small room enough to fit three to seven people, a party of four, formerly five stood as nothing but the sounds of breathing was heard, with the other one in a coma like state, he was visited by Leight, Leafa, Ildi and Sharon.
 
Aaron was lying in his bed with his eyes closed, his body unmoving. His eyes shutly closed with no signs of opening up. To his side was his wife, Ildi. The violet haired woman with a small portion of her arms and legs covered in bandages, looked at him in grief and worry. Regret that if only they didn't accept Klover's request, this wouldn't have happened. She knows it's wrong to think of that yet she couldn't help but think about it.
 
She kneeled at the side of Aaron's bed while the trio was watching the scene in grief.
 
"Let's leave them alone for a while..." It was Leight who broke the ice, the blonde haired knight then turned his back as he went outside, as the two girls then followed suite with one last look at the once weeping violet haired woman and the sleeping gray haired man.
 
*Creak* The door was closed leaving Ildi and Aaron alone to themselves, her eyes felt tired as her tears dried up as it was poured out for hours. She continued watching him, hoping he'll wake up. She sighed, which then followed with a distant smile.
Small Flashback
 
'Please marry me once we're done with the request...!!!!" It was a few days ago before the ogre incident, things were going well for Ildi. She smiled at the thought of Aarons proposal, she was excited that she couldn't get a wink of sleep tonight, Aaron included. They layed on the same bed, holding hands with each other, thinking about their future.

....

 

"You know, maybe we should take a one year break." It was Aaron who spoke first, the two leaned into each other. But-
"I refuse..." To Aaron's surprise the violet haired woman flat out refused his request. He was left to wonder why, so he asked.

"Hmm...why...?"
"We still need to take care of the dysfunctional three right...? Without the both of us, those three might've been in a disarray." Aaron couldn't agree with that, but she was right, those three would've had gone into a heaps of big trouble if it wasn't for their discipline.
"But-.
"No but...!" Ildi closed the gray haired man's mouth with her index finger. She needed him to listen first.

 "Leight, though he may act like a cold and stern man and prefer to call himself one. He's still is a kid inside, we've been with them for many years remember....? Throughout the years, the three changed so much. I remember when Leight was like...hmm..."1I forgot to mention that the age to become an adult in this world is 21, the three (Leight, Leafa and Sharon) of them are 18-20. Leight is 20 and you can guess the rest. She seemed to thought for a moment as something ticked in her mind.

"Right fourteen...! His complex seemed to have subsided significantly only to appear again only because he failed to "save" someone. We still need him and the three to grow up and accept their flaws, just for them to live a happy life."

"Over the course of years the five of us have been together, it's only natural that we'd get attached to their well-being after getting to know them better. The same goes for you...right...? She wanted the three first to grow up, to be independent. And to live the best version of themselves.

"...well you're right..." Aaron couldn't complain about that, especially if it's his wife is talking about as he pondered about the three.

Sharon... A person with little to no self-worth.... though she masked it making it unrecognisable to everyone. But Aaron saw through it, though not much is known about her, all they knew is that she's Leight's childhood friend-now girlfriend.

Leight.... A person who always tries to save everyone as that was the knight code he was always obsessed with since he was just a kid, his hero complex have worsen from time to time, though it seemed to have subsided a little this year. The reason for his exile is his tendency to save everyone, including demihumans in Forsted. Stripped of his noble status and disowned at the same time. Never allowed to cross the borders of Forsted ever again.

And finally...

'Leafa...' He thought at her in pity, he closed his as he thought about her.

Her only family killed in front of her as she runned away, breaking her.2I'll rewrite the Leafa side story.Resulting the unnerving smile she always emitted due to the promise her only family said to her "Be happy" is what her foster grandma said. Sold as a slave a few years later, and was then later saved by Leight. Resulting in her having a one-sided love with him.

He shook his head from the thought, she's right. Those three really have unique circumstances, if Sharon has one in the first place since Leight only knew about her past. As he finally gave up and agreed with Ildi's statement.

"Well, guess we'll delay that for a bit right now, we haven't even got married yet. Yet we already consider each other as husband and wife...!!" With that response the violet haired woman giggled at the man's words. She was thankful that someone truly cares and love her.

"Well, that will go on later, alright." With those words she smiled as she continued to lay within her husband's naked body as she slept.

After a moment of silence, Aaron then in turn turned to sleep. He closed his eyes, as he imagined the future she and him will have.

'I wonder what baby we'll have, is it a boy or a girl...?' He questioned himself, his thoughts continued to circulate at the bright future they'll have, only to open his eyes again from the thought alone.

He thought of it very dearly, only to change his hopeful expression to worried.

'The invasion is coming huh....?' It was publicly announced months before, it cause a massive panic to the citizens but it quickly then subsided since there was a Hero that will save them.

Aaron shook his head, though he trust the kingdom's peace and acceptance of demihumans, he doesn't trust the words they said, they knew they too, are in a state of panic. Lying to the citizens is just a desperate attempt to just calm them down. He has a keen eye of things he observed.

Setting those things aside he himself finally closed his eyes to prepare for a new day.

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours.

He can't fall asleep...

 'Ughh... I gotta sleep, tomorrow a new day.' He shoved those thoughts aside, yet he couldn't stop those thoughts, flowing out of his head.

Suddenly out of nowhere he felt a small tug off his shoulder.

"Ildi...?" He knew who it was since it was the two of them only, sleeping on the same bed.

"Can't sleep....?...don't worry too much about it. I couldn't sleep also. I just felt that something will go wrong tomorrow." He patted her head. In turn, Ildi pouted like a cute child. Which Aaron finds it amusing and cute.

 "I'm not a child that you can just pat whenever you want...!!" She yelled in a half-serious tone, but she clearly likes it.

"Sorry sorry, I just can't help it...!" He raised his hands in defeat. And another moment of awkward silence passed by.

"...." "...."

"*Cough* A- anyway, since we can't sleep, why don't we go outside and take a small stroll." To avoid the awkward situation he changed the subject, finding a way that'll help them sleep as they change into their nightclothes.

"Can't you just open the window, it'll spoil my mood since we have to back here again." The violet woman pointed at the balcony as Aaron walks through it as he proceeds to open it.

"Fine, mistress."

"Stop teasing me...!!!!" She groaned in fake anger with cheeks beet red. Calming her demeanor she followed to what Aaron was doing.

The moment after the two slid the curtains and opened the doors, silence then enveloped the two, no words came out of there mouths, as they stared at the beautiful night sky outside the open window. Mesmerizing blue and violet hue covered the once dark, empty sky.

With stars beautifying the night sky, plethoras of fallen stars3It's a meteor. They don't have knowledge about space since they never bothered to learn about it in the first place. whether to land in the ground or be disintegrated into nothing but dust. The two two stared in awe, and then smiled.

"The world truly is beautiful isn't it?" It was Ildi, who finally opened her mouth to speak, Aaron then looked at her. Her violet eyes faintly glowing as her hair blew to the chilly wind.                                             

"You really are beautiful...." She looked at her husband's reaction, much to her surprise. He was in a dazed state. Well not so surprised, since she expected this kind of reaction from him.

"I always am. Look another one is falling again....!!" Another plethora of meteor fell, it's glow felt so beautiful at the couple's view as they leaned into each other until a couple of minutes have passed.

"Can you promise me something...?"

"If it's not something expensive, I'll be sure to oblige." They looked at each other, she smiled while the latter did not, instead he looked at her seriously.

"We'll always be together right...?" To her response, Aaron's expression softened, he'll never let her go. Nor does she either. And he'll make sure of that.

"Yeah, we'll always be together." He reassured her, even if he died, he'll always watch over her.

 He firmly held her hand, his resolve strengthening.

"....thank you...my love..." Their faces are close to each other, until that turned into a passionate kiss as the night sky enveloped the two lovers.

...

Flashback End

"So please, why won't you wake up....?"

She pleaded, yet no one listened to her. She regretted accepting the request, she kept crying as she held her sleeping husband's hand with no one else to comfort hurt her...

...

"...."

"...."

"...."

The trio, Leight, Leafa and Sharon. Walked through the streets of Magmeis with a purpose.

 They overheard the words Ildi said earlier as they were eavesdropping.

*Tap* *Tap* Each step felt increasingly heavy. He clenched his fist as he gritted his teeth in regret.

"...are you okay, Leight." Leafa was voicing her concern to the blonde haired boy, she patted his shoulder in worry.

"Yeah...I'm fine really, let's find Klover first. I'll apologize to him, since it's my-"

"Don't blame yourself, it's no one's fault." Sharon reassured him, she held his hand as they kept walking to that "Inn" Klover was currently in.

 She should be the only one who'll take the blame, after that "incident".

The pace was getting faster until they reach the signboard called "Blue Oak" hanging on a two story wooden building.

"We're here...." There was one thing Leight felt, that was nervousness, he hasn't been the one to have felt this too, so does the others.

He then raised his hand to open the door. It's creaking sound was loud enough to caught the attention of the guests inside, as they looked at the newcomer.

*Creak* The door finally opened.

"Oh....it's you, welcome again Leight, and the other two...?" The owner, Jack smiled at the kid, the others too followed suite. He then gesture the three to come to the table, to which they followed.

The moment they sat Jack then offered them a drink.

"It's okay, this one's safe. There's no alcohol content here since you three aren't adults...yet." Jack handed out three glasses of juice, still looking at Leight. As he too proceed to sit in their own table.

"Since you're here, I take it that you have some kind problem. So please do tell me." The owner rested his head with his own hand at the table.

"It's about the kid we saved days ago..." Saying this the owner seemed surprised, he looked at Leight in amusement as a smirk formed around his face.

"You mean Lil' Klover...?"

"Well yes..." Leight then explained what he and his party including Klover what they did a few days ago. He bit his lip for failing to save Klover and the person he considers as family.

After a few minutes of explaining, Jack finally came into a conclusion.

"Hmm... so that's why he's been acting weird. He never really revealed to much about him to me while we were talking. I suppose that's the reason he's been locked on his room for a while." He muttered the final words as to make sure no one heard it.

"Ahem, anyway...!!! So you're here to confront that kid huh...! Shit really just won't budge..!! He'll only go outside to eat then he'll go back to his room and lock himself up again..." Jack sighed he really need that kid to stand up on his feet again. He closed his eyes so that he can refresh his mind for a bit.

"Ghkk..!!"

"Anyways...you can go, get that kid out of his shell or something...! By the way he's on the second floor with the number 11 sign on his door." He motioned his hand, leaving their business alone.

"Thank you, Jack." Leight felt grateful for the things Jack gave him in the past. He bowed his head, as he motioned the two girls. He smiled.

"Let's go."

2