W- 23: Y – End of Envy; Inferior Bygones (Slight Edit)
108 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I made some bs philosophy that is not so accurate, but hey it's fiction and I can do the hell I want.

In a dark isolated room, Klover was covering his entire body with a blanket, closing his eyes as he remembered the things he want to do yet he couldn't.

"You didn't know, that person is the strongest in all of Magmeis...!! no perhaps on all of the continent itself...!!! Hajime "Yamamoto" is his name, though it's name is a little weird, the entirety of the continent greatly respect that person"  The old man pointed at the boy no older than 17 years surrounded by a group of girls.1Refer to chapter 10.

"You know, maybe if you weren't born, this situation wouldn't have happened..." Another hit of a belt was directed at Kloe's back.

"W-wait it's not what's it look's like, you gotta trust me Klover... Please it's not like that." Sounds of crying reverbed in the highschool corridor. Yet he kept running to where his legs will take him.

"You truly are useless."

He turned to the other side as he grabbed his blanket roughly covering his entire body with the exception of his feet.

He didn't need to care no more.

"...fuck." Off all the things he's done in life. What did it went wrong....? No, nothing went wrong at all....

Referencing himself from another person.

Being transported to another world, a dream any otakus would like to happen. Occured before his very eyes, he thought at the start of his journey from start to ending.

What did he do....?

He did nothing...

Only dream, dream and dream. Though his arrogance is not showed, his patience grows thinner as the days go by. He felt envious, yet he uses an excuse that he will too, become like that someday.

So he just just had to wait.

'I could become a badass if a situation forced me to.'

'I could save the entire world if a situation forced me to.'

'I could do almost anything if a situation forced me to do so.'

The thought's of an average man2I'm referencing another person's life here. No offense though, I still don't know too much about life and goals., like him. Thinking and daydreaming in his life with no goals, bark but no bite. As the days, then years passed by he thought.

'Why am I not like any of them...?' The days go by, he hoped yet he did nothing, focusing on a fantasy he wanted. But it didn't happen, not even changing his entire perspective of what life is.

Is there even a purpose in life...? Yes there is but he didn't realise it. Being born as an infant, kindergarten, middle- school, high-school. And then finally.

College...

His younger self thought 'What's next...?' he didn't knew what to do. So he became an office worker, with no goals, passion or anything. Overworked, tired. Wake up, eat your breakfast, go to work, go home, and then eat dinner and go to sleep.

And the cycle continues. His manager complained, complain and complain about them not being diligient enough. Ironic that he only harass female workers and then laze around and complain like a fucking asshole.

Complaining about his problems, yet it's not even comparable to what happened outside of our world.

Planet collision, black holes consuming planets and stars alike, a dying star. An upcoming invasion happening in their homeplanet yet it went unnoticed. And many more.

The ignorance of people speaks "society" itself. Judgemental, becoming someone you don't want too, expectations. Following the herd with no destination, only to breed and die to educate others to become their next replacement.

All at the cost of their own happiness...

Just like Klover...

No he was forced to do so, just like every kid that has the same situation as him. Forced to become a golden child, with little to no guaranteed future.

Since all they knew is school... And what if we take school to the equation....?

There's nothing.

There's none, unless they have their own passion. Stripped of their freedom just for their supposed parents fame and attention to grow altogether. He hated them, he hated them for being raised this way.

As a kid, he was disillusioned by the fact that his parents we're always right. As years passed by, he began to doubt them, until that doubt turned into hate.

Yet he couldn't do nothing to stop their wrongdoings. Reading novels of escapism just to forget the world he lived in. Inserting himself as the supposed protagonist. Living a good life and no problems.

'I wish I could be like that.' Is what he thought as he read a book in the past. He didn't realize the responsibilites the protagonist carry in the first place, yet the author of the book didn't even mention it.

From zero social skills to an immediate high charisma talker in just like a span of a few chapters.3There are some exceptions though, but I'm talking generic ones here. To a weak average person, then buffed like a fucking god in just like one chapter or even further.

Just a plain old self insert....

And he liked it....4Yeah, it's kinda true for me really... Until I got tired of it.

 A knock on the door was heard by his ears, snapping him out of his circling thoughts, as he spoke.

"Who's there...?"

He widened his eyes, a familiar sound was heard at the other side of the door.

"Klover....are you there....?" It was Leight, a click resounded that was then echoed at Klover's room, the door was unlocked. Slowly opening with every passing dread Klover felt.

*Creak* The door finally opened, much to Klover's surprise there were two other people behind Leight's back. It was them.

"L-leafa, Sha-sharon too...!! What are you guys doing here." Forgetting the dread he felt, which was replaced with awe and confusion. His eyes twitched, for two reasons. The green haired elf's unnerving smile, which he only noticed just now, and the fear of them being disappointed in him.

"We came here to... well see you. And perhaps apologize to you to what we've done..." The blonde boy about to be turned into an adult spoke first, he raised his hand to Klover, as his entire body shook in full confusion. He refused to accept his hand.

"What... what do you mean...? You do know it's my-"

"No.... it's my responsibility to watch for my team. That too, includes you." With Leight's statement, Klover was left dumbfounded.

'Huh...' A word that he could only muster in his mind, why would they help him...? If he didn't get involved with them, then this wouldn't have happened, now he was here apologizing right before his very eyes. Taking all the blame to himself as Leight bowed with his expression turned into a frown.

"W-wait, wha-" His fist clenched, as feeling of frustration and confusion etched into his mind. He bit his lip, his expression unreadable.

"Klover....?" The blonde man looked at the boy in confusion, he tilted his head to look at the boy's expression.

"Hey....why won't place the blame on me....? T'was quiet, a cold tone resounded in the boy's voice. He was reaching his limit. With no one to take his anger and frustration out.

As if a lid was suddenly released from it's suffocating space inside. Uncontrollable and difficult to put it back again.

He snapped...

"Well of cours-"

"WHY THE FUCK WOULDN'T YOU JUST PLACE A BLAME ON ME...!!! IT WAS MY FAULT RIGHT!!!! RIGHT!!!???" The sudden tone of voice surprised the two, a sound so loud. That the residents downstairs remained quiet. Yet he didn't care.

"Klover please cal-" It was Sharon who consoled the boy.

"SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!!! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO THROUGH SUCH LENGHTS TO HELP ME!!?" He gasped his breathe as his lungs ran out of air as he grasped his heart. Realizing his recent actions, he toned his voice a bit.

"Why...!! Why!!?? Huh..!?? Why....!!!" He glared at them, not with hatred nor any negative emotions whatsoever, just surprised that someone was worried for him...!!

And afraid that someday they'll leave him again.

Isolated from his class, forced to do almost anything on his own is the norm for his everyday life. If it's out of his league, he won't particapate in such events. Just sitting around somewhere, left out as he watched the scene unfolding before him.

Students talking to each other, hanging out, a youthful love the bloomed. Yet he just ignored them.

Since they ignored him first. Overshadowed by his sister's academic and physical prowess, their classmates questioned if he was even her other brother in the first place.

'That guy is her brother...?'

'He doesn't even look like it.'

'And he's even friends with the school idol, and the ace of the basketball club...!!

'What..!!?? No...!! No ofcourse not. You know Shion is so kind that she'll help almost everyone. The same for Noan too, they probably pity him. Let's just ignore him.'

'Yeah. I wouldn't want to get involved with a person like that...!'

Whispers are heard through his ears yet he painfully ignored it, silently gritting his teeth in frustration. Luckily he had someone who can console him, and that was the two of them.

But, what if he doesn't have one to begin with...? Hiding his pain to everyone he knew in his life in this world albeit unnoticed. An excuse to give him a second chance to just make it right.

A revenge...

No a revenge is pointless, it will only ruin himself even further than the victim itself.

So why bother...?

"You need to calm down Klover...!! T'was Leight who tried to calm him down as he gestured Leafa to pin him paralyzed from his little tantrum.

"Ghkkk..." After being pinned down, he groaned in frustration still glaring daggers at them. Leafa too glared at him, her yellow eyes glimming with hatred.

Causing him to flinch at her sudden turn of emotion.

"....you huh..." A cold tone was heard in Leafa's voice, it was chilling enough to send shivers in Klover' spine. He flinched in confusion, then turned fear as he wondered what will happen to him.

"...you think it was just you suffering? What about us? Huh? You know? Maybe we shouldn't have visited you. So much for being worried about you." She raised her hand as the surrounding air condensed and formed within the palm of her hands.

"Stop that!! Leafa, we're here to console him... Not belittle him!" Regretting his earlier actions Leight pulled Leafa back holding her tight away from Klover, forcefully redirecting her spell by pulling her aim away.

*Swooosh*

 A sudden gust of wind then blew the entire room. Breaking almost every wooden furniture in the room excluding the bed Klover was laying in for.

"Say that to him, Leight! Always thinking about himself...!! Comparing his suffering to u-

"He doesn't know anything about you!! Please don't make this anymore troublesome!!!" Finally convinced by his answer, Leafa disabled her killing intent at the young kid.

"Tch..." She shoved the two as she went outside, giving one final glare at the kid.

"For the second time, I'm really sorry about that." Leight bowed his head in forgiveness at the still dazed Klover.

"..." For Klover, he was speechless, someone suffered the same thing as him...? He never thought of that.

Thinking that he's the only one who has it's problems. Then he finally realized it.

Paranoia... In his past, he received help from almost everyone and he accepted it. After that incident he became paranoid that they'll betray him again.

So he kept his distanced to almost everyone, not overstepping the bounderies called familiarity.

Not even the blue haired twins...

Keeping everything to yourself, pushing people away when they truly just want to help him. How could he had not realize that.

His body shook, cringing of his earlier actions as he bit his lip. He grit his teeth, as he finally talked.

"...hey." It was silent but enough for the blonde and the grey haired girl to hear. Filled with regret and curiosity.

They turned to look at the boy who stopped crying as his tears suddenly dried up for his cheeks.

"....what is it Klover...?" Leight gently said, not angering the boy even further.

"...do you know something about Leafa." He looked at the door as he questioned the duo. He closed his eyes as he waits for an answer.

"Well, yes. Though it's a little from what I know, only the Aaron and Ildi knew her past since she talked about it to them." The blonde boy scratched his head, making a sly smile.

"...." He doesn't know what to say, the room enveloped in an silent atmosphere as awkward tension arises from the three.

"What does her past looked like then....?" Curiosity ran through his mind, he wanted to know what happened to her, no perhaps the entire team Leight created.

He wanted to realize his mistake.

And he finally knew it...

He was so focused on his problems thst he thought he was the only one who suffered the most. A pretentious self centered prick. Right...?

"...that's a really complicated one, but I'll doubt she would tell you something about it." He paused for. bit as he thought something.

"...but we'll tell you tid-bits of her pasts." The blonde boy finally smiled, he sat at one off the wooden chairs that was knocked away at Leafa's spell as he positioned it in front of Klover's bed.

Sharon too followed suite.

"Anyway, let's start this talk shall we..." After recieving an agreement of nods Leight then first talked.

"Let's just say that, things aren't going too well for her, and the earlier actions she did proved that. Her smile as a means of copium coping through her past, well she showed her true feelings for me, if we're alone sometimes. And that goes for all of us too." Feeling a tight grip in his grip on his back, he recognized the gray haired girl was jealous of the final statement he made.

He laughed.

"C'mon now Sharon, no need to get jealous. I only saw as a friend. Really." She responded with a pout, then she kept his quiet as to not disturb the conversation. With Klover stiffing a silent laugh.

"*Ahem* Anyways, just as I said before, she is mentally unwell,5The same thing goes for you too. and a little bit triggered by your words you spoke just now." He ponder as he thought back about her past. Not much is learned about but atleast they knew how she became like that.

"She loathes people who thinks think they suffered the most, breaking her facade for a bit. Taking Sharon and I to hold her back if she ever causes a trouble." He reminisced at the time of his earlier days.

Realizing they are going a slightly off-topic, Leight then turned to the main subject.

"Sorry about that, anyway. Let's just say that her only family got killed in front of her, with a promise that she was not forced to carry that broke her. And sold as a slave later on." He tried arranging it into simpler words, since her past is too complicated and too long to bother explaining it.

As for Klover, he was left dumbfounded. Her family killed in front of her...? He compared that to his past, in comparison it couldn't even compare to what Leafa has gone through.

He felt guilty.

"Don't blame yourself too much, we all make mistakes. "And mistakes makes us stronger, not sure about me though." Atleast that's what it means." He scratched his head as he sternly said those words.

He too doesn't know if he was making a mistake. So he just shrugged it off to wait for that opportunity to come. Thus he sternly continued.

"Us ourselves are flawed, that makes me sound like a hypocrite but it's true, we make mistakes. We correct them, then we find another one, and the cycle continues." He looked at Klover seriously.

That made Klover think for a moment, in his life though he resisted their beatings, that doesn't mean that the things they ingrained in his mind to not disappear.

He was forced to not make a mistake in his past, partaking the test Marcos gave him to become an adventurer. His forcefully ingrained instincts told him to make it through, just to win.

And become the one he wanted, without learning the meaning behind it.

During those months in Petval, he just slayed goblins, wolfs and slimes. But that's really it. A never ending cycle of not making a mistake. Fear of failure, not partaking in quests that can in fact guarantee him to succeed.

Just staying in his own comfort zone, not going out of it as if he was stuck.

Then he gathered his courage to take a C- Class quest, with the intention to do it himself. Only to fail miserably even with his teammates. Envy too almost took him over because of how strong they are, but-

'What would have happen if I just went in there alone?' He would've have died if he tried to do it by himself. Maybe...no he was thankful for being alive.

He took a deep breathe as he looked at the two.

"Hey...I'm really sorry for what I did just now...." He said with apologetic eyes. Who cares if you are inferior to them, you'll get to their place sooner or later.

Scrap the hero bullshit, he shook his head. Forgetting the harem dude he saw weeks ago and instead focus on the present.

"I'm just really sick of being inferior to almost everyone, and afraid of making a single mistake." He admitted it, his flaws. He'll carry them to very end, even if it kills him.

"...hmm...so you finally knew it huh..." It was the green haired girl who showed up on it's doorstep clearly eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Oh...Leafa, you gotta apologize to him later. He truly didn't mean it in the first place. Also Klover I'm glad for you." Leight congratulated Klover for realizing his mistakes amd the drive to work on those itself.

"Hmm...hmm." Sharon nodded as she went along.

"Oh...and I'm sorry to you Leafa...." He finally apologized to the green haired girl.

"About what~." Her recently unnerving smile creeped him out, nonetheless he continued.

"For being like a piece of shit just now, I'm maybe a kid, but still. I'm sorry." He stood up from his bed as he bowed in front of Leafa. To which she smiled by his sudden change.

"No~ problem at all~. I would've kil-"

"Anyways, now that we're done here. Why don't you go outside and take a breather. Maybe make up to the ones you ignored." Leight interrupted Leafa's threat, much to Klover's obliviousness. He didn't notice it.

Though it will be embarrassing, he'll still do it.

All for the sake of improving himself.

"Yeah."

....

In the windy spring, an old woman was sitting on her desk. With shelves of books and scrolls arranged in an orderly manner, she sighed in boredom.

"Theeere's reeeally nothing tooo doo todaaay." As much as she liked that kid who always come here to buy some scrolls she wouldn't mind having him teach to make one.

Scrolls....

Unlike magic, scrolls are pre-coded with the users will. That's why the spell "heal" will worsen the state of the user's body if the wound is incrediblly fataled or it's opened inside out.

It's fixed to it's current state depending on how the user wills it. Just as it was planned to worked to.

Once opened, the scroll's command will take effect.

And magic....

Though no one knew about it during the first invasion, it was first introduced by the four heroes of the past, in a form of a book only usable to what the spells inside it. Passing it on to the King or Queen, to create new spell then passing it onto another making everyone with magic affinity to use the spells they created. Which is commonly available on libraries. Stronger spells tend to reside in the libraries to which only the noble ones can use.

The same goes for royal candidates too. They were too given a replica of the King's Book, once they lose the election to become the next ruler, they lose the King's Book. Along with the spells they created inside it.

And if they won, the spells they created would be embedded to the real King's Book, and they'll be the current ruler of the said kingdo-

*Bang* A loud bang of a door as the bells chimed echoed in the old gray haired woman's ears. Footsteps are heard coming closer to her, only to find the familiar boy she knew always visited.

"Old Gray...! Can you teach me how to create scrolls."

She smirked the boy's words. Looks like this will not be a boring day afterall.

....

".....this concludes the final reports for today, Your Majesty." In a majestic grand room, there sat the current king Helio El Magmeis with blue hair and eyes in a throne intricated of beautiful gems with a main gold color overall.

"I see, you may leave now. Thank you for your hardwork." He gestured the servant to leave who reported the current situation of his Kingdom.

Today has been a very bad day, perhaps it gets even worse as days pass. More cracks appearing, a missing representative. But atleast they have the Hajime in their side.

"Is there something wrong, Your Majesty." His assistant, Grimeo Fortuna Melios was of a noble origins. Pledging her loyalty to the king has been the tradition of every generation of the Melios Family. Standing 5'4 feet tall, golden hair and green eyes, pure soft white skin and a cute face that makes almost every noble fawn for her. She has rejected evey proposal those nobles have given her for. With the excuse of "serving her King".

Now she stood there, dark tucked skirt,6It's the first time I've added clothing detail, so mistakes might happen. and a simple white blouse. To which she values simplicity unlike her king.

"It's nothing really, I've been thinking about somethings for a while." Helio pondered further, his royal mantle full of jewelries of different colors with black pants with vertical stripes connecting to his flashy black suit with white shirt underneath.

"Do you think it's about the crack the servant mentioned earlier." She pressed further.

"Yeah, it's about that. It made me worried about something." He grimaced as he paused for a bit. Anxiety pressed him further and further, shaking his head for any unnecessary ideas. He took one final approach, something that suddenly just came at the back of his mind.

"Grimeo." His voice commanding.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Prepare a meeting with the nobles." She nodded immediately.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I shall be arranging that for you right now." He like her assistant. Quick to respond, and very obedient. He smiled at her attitude.

"Now, if you please let me leave." She exited the throne room with a shut of a door leaving Helio by himself. As he said one final thing.

"Perhaps it would be a good idea to evacuate the citizens in Lofren." He concluded as he looked at the grandiose window in worry.

"Three months....huh..."

Next Chapter; W1- 24: Passing Months (May Change in The Future)

1