W1- 26: N – Encounter
77 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 In a certain apartment, a boy was hastily arranging his things at an pocket inventory bag.

"Hurry up Klover...!"

"Yes, yes. I'm almost ready." It took a lot of time for Klover to rearrange his items. Scrolls, spare daggers and rations for a month like journey... At least what the king had said.

The citizens were not taking it lightly. Mostly due to them abandoning their homes. But they went along with it. They just want to survive with their families.

The same goes for them too.

86D 19H 24M Almost Noon.

"Ughhh...!" It was almost noon, most people have already prepared including the certain inn keeper and his daughter.

"We're ready here Klover, what's taking you so long...?" Scratching his head in annoyance Jack stood downstairs whilst taping his feet waiting for the boy to come down and head outside immediately. Jack wore a a gray coat with black tunic underneath it, a white scarf on his neck and black knee socks and leather shoes. The same goes for his daughter too.

"I'm almost done!!! Just a few more seconds."

"There's almost no time left Mr.Guest!! We need to hurry up!!!" Impatience spoiled the excitement Olivia had recently. She wants him to hurry himself further, just so they can go.

"I'm done!!!" The boy panted heavily as he went down downstairs, currently wearing a dark brown cloak, a small brown vest, brown shorts tucked with belts from it's abdomen to prevent it from falling over and some long socks and brown shoes. Daggers at his left side and the <Pocket Inventory> at his right.

Guess you can say Marcus did a lot of influence on his clothing preference.

"You're took so long and you carry something as almost empty as that!" He pointed at the the small bag, Klover was carrying.

"I put the rest in the <Pocket Inventory>. Sorting my scrolls was the most troublesome thing I've done in my life!!" He hastily went downstairs as he too gestured the two.

"Let's hurry, we don't wanna get late right...!!"

.

.

.

.

In a street en route outside of the Kingdom, there gather a large amount of people. Waiting for the gates to open. The five people, with one in a coma albeit sitting on a wooden wheel chair carried by Ildi using magic was waiting for the three companions.

"We're here already!!!" Having heard a familiar voice Ildi signaled the group of their arrival.

"They're here..." The three smiled in turn, nodded as they looked at the three companion at the far back.

"What took you all so long....?" Leight held his hand between his shoulders. Albeit too not forgetting Jack and Olivia.

"This kid here took so long to just arrange his stuff. That's why we're late." Jack, with his fake anger patted Klover's back aggressively.

"It's my first time packing this much stuff. Of course I'll be late..!" Looking at the intermediate sized bag on his hands, there stored the weapons and survival kits alike.

"Door's about to open, five minutes left till we're out of this place. Please check you if you have any missing items that you missed!"

"Still five minutes huh...." He should've had stayed in that inn for now. But he'll never find out the time they are out of this place.

"Guess I got here in time...." He shrugged his shoulders as he waits for the guard to finally open the gates. The people in advanced had already eaten their lunch as early as possible. As to get first in the crowded line.

Feeling bored by this situation, Klover kept looking aimlessly at the people. They too have been prepared, nobles spotted riding the fancy carriages at the very front. Taking the first line.

'Higher-class always gets the early line huh...." Can't say he isn't used to it. He's seen nobles too during those months, taking requests from them with a very high reward.

Their base are always fancy looking that even the floor is made of marble and gold. Extravagant accessories commonly found at almost every nook of their mansion.

'Atleast most of them are not arrogant...' At the first time, he was expecting them to be the generic type of a greedy asshole. But they weren't really, they act logical and quiet good too.

'Guess reading those novels messed up my perception of them by a lot.... Well a novel is just a novel.' He sighed.

"The gates are now open!!! Everyone, please cooperate and slowly go outside!!" The moment the announcement was heard, the citizens suddenly rushed to the outside. The rust-filled sound of the large metallic gate scratchingly echoed, sounding irritatingly uncanny in Klover's ear.

"Fuck...." He twitched his eyes, shrugging it off as he and rest followed the crowd.

.

.

.

.

86D 17H 34M Afternoon

The blazing heat which was blocked by the shades of blue leaves hanging above them. The sound of the wooden carriages melting the anxiety and the quietness as the entire people walk.

In Klover's mind something of importance bugged him off to the point that he was worried.

'Yeah...what about Marcus and the others..?" He was anxious about what happened to them too. Maybe they were left behind... No one knows.

Unable to grip his anxiety anymore he asked as looked his six comrades, hoped that they too know that the latter was okay.

"Hey... if you mean seeking... Does that mean everyone on this....kingdom...or um..... like almost everyone connected to this kingdom involved in this type of situation...?" He couldn't find anywords to explain his question, but he hoped that he knew what he's talking about.

"Well if you're talking about everyone then yes. Every single part of this kingdom's territory, which includes the small towns residing in it." Luckily for him, the violet haired woman. Ildi answered him as if she found out what he meant immediately.

Currently carrying her wooden staff, magic flowed to the wheel chair imbued with wind to where his husband was in coma.

"...oh thank god...." The weight on his shoulders was suddenly relieved the moment he knew they were here too. Just in a different group.

"Is something worrying you, Klover...?"

"Well, to be honest Sharon. I have some friends and an uncle-like figure there you see... Just seeing them safe takes that burden out of my shoulders." He owes Marcus and the others a lot. The same goes for his current friends too.

They helped him get over his problems, stepping out of his comfort zone. And become to where he is right now. He smiled but frowned too, wondering how he should repay them.

'I'll make it up...' He swore.

"Mmmhh~ guess my~ impression of you is incorrect~."

"About what...?"

"Nothing~." Feeling confused at the green haired girl, he just shrugged his shoulders as if it was nothing. It was not of importance anyway.

"Let's not waste time, and let's keep going..." Leight said, as he overtook the the six. The others too followed suite as they fasten their pace. The vibrant blue grassy plain swept by the wind producing such relaxing ambient with every step causing the seven to relax a little.

"It's peaceful."

"Yeah, for now..."

.

.

.

.

86D 13H 13M Afternoon

"This is the spot we'll rest for now, the others are clearly tired too." Hours had passed, but the people took it slow, delaying the journey further. No perhaps His Majesty already predicted this, since he said it'll take a month or two.

"They aren't like us in terms of stamina. We still have to protect them. What's the point of returning to a kingdom if there's no people to live there." Ildi added Leight's statement. He closed his eyes as he looked at the slightly brown-ish sky. Two moons can be faintly seen from edge of it.

"Yeah... I know."

The wind blew faintly blew, as the blonde's hair swept. Worry was lurking on him, maybe he wasn't the type think about these things but he just can't help it.

'What if we lose...?' Histories are written by the victors, it only showed their perspective of how things went by in the past. Along with the restoration of the said book, most of the letters including the important stuff may fade away as time passes. Only to be rewritten inaccurately again.

So it's hard to know what truly hapenned. What are the enemies of this so called invasion.

"Is something troubling you Leight? Everyones is setting up their tent right now, so should we, Klover is currently away meeting up with his old friends." The gray haired woman appeared in front of him. She looked at the man he loved as he sat at a lodge to look at the sky.

She sat beside Leight, as she laid her head on his shoulder.

 "Yeah... I'm currently thinking about something. But it's not much of importance though." He stood up, and raised his hands to Sharon. To which she obliged.

"Let's go."

.

.

.

Interconnecting Timeline.

"Klover...!!" His ears perked up at the familiar voice he always knew. It was them, Marcus, Nolan and the blue haired twins.

"Everyone!!" His face beamed into happiness. As smile formed through his face, worry dissipated in an instant. He finally reunited with them, even if for a month.

"How are doing today kid? Guess you got a little stronger."

"Heck yeah I am! I learned how to use scrolls and daggers at the same time!" He exagerated his pose, in the eyes of others they looked at him as if he was some kind of weirdo.

"Good to see you again, child." Nolan raised his hands, greeting him.

"Yeah... And I won't forget the two of you too!" He looked at the two blue haired twins.

"And here I thought you forgot about us. So cruel." Mivon clutched his heart in fake pain. But was happy to see his friend.

"Oh shut up, I'll always remember the two of you right Cordelia?"

"Tch..." She spat at him as she looked away from the two. Not sure to what her expression is right now, but the two grinned instead of being suffocated at the sea of awkwardness.

"A tsuntsun has been spotted! What should we do captain?!!" Replied the blue haired boy in fake alert.

"I know what we shou-

"OH SHUT UP!!!" She finally spoke with a loud voice, startling the two, giving up their skit.

"Now that's better, I know you can speak other than "tch" or "....hmph". At the time we still aren't friends with him. You would talk Klover almost all of the time insulting him."  Mivon smirked as if he won the battle.

"Y-you..." She clenched her fist, veins popping up from her fist.

"Now now, be quiet everyone be quiet." Nolan clamed down the tensed situation in which Cordelia mostly emenated.

"You're going to disturb the other people if you speak like that, kids." Marcus lectured them for their attitude, as he pointed at the curious onlookers looking at them.

"....sorry." Ending their pointless bantering the three apologized in unison.

"Now that's better, anyways it's only a few hours away till dusk. We'll still set up tent in advance. We're probably gonna be busy for a while, so we'll meet up again later Klover."

"I can help."

"This is our job to do it. Go help your team instead then we can talk some stuff later." Marcus waved his hands, gesturing Klover that they'll meet again later.

"We'll see each other again Klover."

"...well if that's what you want..." Not really finding an excuse to help them he just walked away, leaving them to their own business. Thinking to help his team too.

.

.

.

Small blue leaves fell to the ground. One fell at Klover's hands.

"...." He was satisfied at the beauty of such unique leaf color of Almonian Tree. Still standing tall as a hundred feet with it's large birch like wood supporting the entire weight of it, he wondered how there are no predators that hunted them right now.

'Probably due to the sheer sizes...' He concluded as he walked through the designated path to where his party was.

Still anxious about the things currently hapenning right now.

But as long as he has his friends, he'll never give up. He'll grow stronger to protect them, but that takes time. And he knows it.

Conflict arises from his mind. He wondered how he shoukd make it up to them. He searched for ways yet forgot about it later on, he bit his lip.

He hates himself. He continued his way through until he finally encountered them building up tent. Shaking his mind of such negative thoughts, he distracted himself as to forget about it.

"Can I help...?"

86D 13H 09M

It's another short chapter this time. I'm still in the process of rewriting some stuff in early chapters.And about the genderbend stuff I'm planning for it to happen in the next 40 - 70 chapters.

3