Chapter 82
1.4k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xia Lihua had an embarrassed expression. She slowly ran her fingers through her hair while giving Ji Xian a look that was full of meaning and without the knowledge of anyone present, she subtly rest her body against his as she stealthily pinched his waist. 

Shao Qinglian didn’t notice anything odd and continued speaking, “The majority of the sects affected don’t exactly have the greatest of reputations so this matter hadn’t caused too many waves.”

She paused for a second before smirking, “As a matter of fact, I think a lot of people are actually rejoicing right now.”

“Oh?” Xiao Yueyin curiously asked, “Why’s that?”

“From what I’ve heard, one of the sects affected was the Cryptic Kill Church. Rumors are, their entire library had been emptied out while many of their treasures has also been taken. That entire organization is currently in chaos as they’re trying to find out who the culprit is. Of course, these are just rumors, but seeing as how they’ve been making more movements than usual, there are probably some truths to it.”

“Is that right?” Xiao Yueyin narrowed her eyes, “While the Cryptic Kill Church isn’t as strong as the top ten sects, they can’t be viewed casually. We are in the light while they are in the dark. They are constantly changing locations and moving, even the Arcane Mountain found it hard to uproot them entirely. I wonder how this person manages to find their base?”

“I’m not sure,” Shao Qinglian shook her head.

“But this was very well deserved. The Cryptic Kill Church is nothing but a gang of cowardly assassins. They have done numerous unforgiving things and too many geniuses had died in their hands.”

“Honestly, if possible, I would’ve liked to see that mysterious expert destroy that entire organization.”

Shao Qinglian sneered as she spoke. She had nothing but animosity for the Cryptic Kill Church.

As the words left her mouth, everyone nodded in agreement.

Then, for some strange reason, all the women turned to look at Ji Xian in unison.

“…”

He raised his brow.

What are you all looking at me for…?

Ji Xian coughed, “I concur, but this expert has done quite enough already. We can’t expect him to do everything by himself.”

“Indeed,” Shao Qinglian nodded, “If it was really just one person who did this, we can’t expect him to take on an entire organization alone.”

Standing behind her, Fang Yu quietly stared at Ji Xian for a moment before frowning, “Shouldn’t the Cryptic Kill Church have formations all over their hideout? How did this person come and go without anyone noticing?

Upon hearing this, Xiao Yueyin and Shao Qinglian’s expressions changed.

“That’s right… there should’ve been some form of security there…” Shao Qinglian muttered.

Xiao Yueyin appeared thoughtful, “And this wasn’t just at the Cryptic Kill Church, plenty of other sects and factions were affected. To be able to solve so many formations without anyone discovering any abnormalities, this mysterious person must be a Formation Master.”

As she spoke, she subconsciously turned to look at Ji Xian. The others followed her movements and set their gazes on him once more.

“…”

Xia Lihua held in her laugh and secretly pinched him again.

“I concur,” Ji Xian calmly nodded while ignoring Xia Lihua’s teasing.

Then, he sighed, “With this person’s capabilities, he should be an exceptional genius. Formation Masters are hard to come by, and one with a strong cultivation base is few and far between. And from what Qinglian mentioned earlier, it seems like he is only targeting wicked sects so he should be someone morally just. Amazing, I would like to meet this person one day.”

Xiao Yueyin narrowed her eyes. 

Why does this almost sound like a self-praise? Something isn’t right….

Shao Qinglian wasn’t as keen as Xiao Yueyin so she didn’t feel any wrong. When she heard the intimate way in which Ji Xian said her name, she very slightly blushed. 

She shook her head, “You’re not wrong, Ji Xian, unfortunately, those wicked sects weren’t the only victims. Some upstanding sects were targeted as well. For example, the Risen Tower Sect. This sect is quite famous for funding orphanages and even nurturing orphans, allowing those with potential to cultivate.”

“They mostly keep to themselves but they are a righteous sect that has assisted many others.”

“Oh?” Ji Xian chuckled as he glanced at Xia Lihua. 

She calmly smiled and looked unperturbed, “Appearances can be deceiving. It doesn’t make a lot of sense for this mysterious person to steal from so many sinful sects and then suddenly decide to target the righteous sects. They must’ve done something disapproving that the public doesn’t know about. “

“It’s possible…” Shao Qinglian solemnly nodded.

Out of the three women of the Ardent Yin Sect, only Shao Qinglian took Xia Lihua’s words seriously. Fang Yu tried her best to ignore her while Li Yifan was secretly observing Ji Xian and no one else.

Xiao Yueyin’s suspicion grew. Her eyes alternated between Ji Xian and Xia Lihua.

She was unaware that the two of them were currently exchanging messages through their spiritual sense.

“Appearances can be deceiving indeed. You should be an actress.”’ Ji Xian laughed.

Xia Lihua beamed, she pinched his waist, and said, “You’re not too bad yourself, but next time, stop praising yourself so much. Look at Yueyin, she’s obviously on to you.”

“Next time? There’s going to be a next time?”

“Hmph! I didn’t say we’re going to be stealing.”

“…You’re so against it?”

Hearing this, Xia Lihua hesitated, “It’s not right, Ji Xian.”

“Yes…” Ji Xian didn’t want to argue on the topic of morals, instead, he smiled, “But I see nothing wrong with it,  after all, it’s the only reason I’m alive right now.”

Xia Lihua sighed, “You…”

She understood Ji Xian’s mindset. While she doesn’t know everything about his past, she had picked up enough clues to know some things. The two of them were raised in different environments. While her life has been hard, his was the same as well. The only difference was that she had guidance and support throughout her life while he only has himself.

“You were an orphan?” Xia Lihua asked.

Ji Xian nodded with indifference, “As a kid in a small remote village with no family, it wasn’t uncommon for me to go days without any food. If I weren’t fighting with other people for scraps, then I would try to steal some bread or buns, anything to put in my stomach. 

“…” Xia Lihua quietly listened without interrupting.

“Cultivating was like a dream back in the day. But for someone who had nothing, it was the solution to everything. You want food? Become a cultivator! You want wealth? Become a cultivator! You want a better life? Become a cultivator!”

Ji Xian smiled as he remembered his earlier years, “So when a local sect announced they were recruiting anyone with potential, almost everyone in the village set out to try their luck. It was a long journey and some people even died along the way, but I made it and… I was able to get into the sect.”

“This… is this the same sect that kicked you out?” Xia Lihua asked.

“Yes.”

“I don’t understand, “Xia Lihua was confused. “You once told me that you couldn’t cultivate when you were younger. Why would they accept you, who had no potential?”

Ji Xian chuckled, “I’ve always had the talent to cultivate. It was only later that I lost the ability to do so. Then, I miraculously recovered and gained it back.”

Xia Lihua had a thoughtful expression.

Recovered? Was Ji Xian injured at one point?

“The village you grew up in, was it the Oxborn Village? I remember my parents bringing me there. Was that where you first met me?”

Ji Xian shook his head, “No. There’s no need for you to remember, it’s not important. Besides, there’s something there that I don't think I want you to see…

“Like what?” Xia Lihua narrowed her eyes.

“My grave,” Ji Xian grinned.

Xia Lihua’s eyes widened as she stared at him.

“It’s probably a little unkempt…” he said jokingly.

“…”

At this time, Shao Qinglian turned to the person beside her, “Junior Sister Yifan, show Ji Xian and Senior Xia Lihua to the Sacred Yin Hall.”

Li Yifan has been quietly focusing on Ji Xian this entire time. Upon hearing Shao Qinglian, her eyebrows raised as she looks at Xia Lihua. The Sect Master was allowing two people into the library?

But she didn’t say a word and only slightly nodded. 

“Follow me,” she said before flying away.

Ji Xian smiled. He turned to Xiao Yueyin, “Wait for us at the Third Yin Pavilion, Xinyi is going to need your encouragement soon.”

Xiao Yueyin was a little reluctant but remembering Guo Xinyi’s situation, she nodded before flying away.

Shao Qinglian and Fang Yu had curious expressions.

Xinyi? What’s going on with Xinyi?

The two of them took a deep look at Ji Xian. Eventually, they said their goodbyes and followed Xiao Yueyin.

Ji Xian watched them fly away. Suddenly, he felt someone holding his hand.

He looked over and saw Xia Lihua gently smiling at him.

He chuckled before pulling her to follow Li Yifan.

49