31- Sneak attack 3
198 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

31- Sneak attack 3  

   

‘ding’  

‘Host unlocked a hidden function’  

‘As host increased the ‘Sense’ stat to 50, the MP recovery rate has increased’  

‘MP recovery rate was 1 MP per 2 minutes, but now MP recovery rate is 1 MP per Minute’  

‘But due to the host being poisoned, the recovery rate was 1 MP per 3 minutes, but now MP recovery rate is 1 MP per 90 seconds (1 minute 30 seconds)’  

‘From now on, whenever the host increases the ‘Sense’ stat to 100, the MP recovery rate will increase again. So, every time the ‘Sense’ stat increases to a certain number, the MP recovery rate will also increase ‘  

‘System advice: Host, please find a cure to the poison as soon as possible.’  

---------------------------------  

When I saw that because my ‘Sense’ stat reached 50, I unlocked a hidden function that increased my rate of recovery of MP, and I got excited.  

This means that in the future when I increase the ‘Sense’ stat, the recovery rate of MP will also increase.   

Because of the way I am using skills continuously, my MP is used up very quickly, and to recover MP soon, I have to drink MP potions. Although, the prices of MP potions are affordable, but in the following days my money will be used up and I will be in a difficult situation.  

But now, I have hope of saving money for different things in the system shop, rather than wasting money on HP and MP potions. Remembering about HP, I asked,  

“System, is there any way to increase HP and MP limits without leveling up? And what if other stats cross a limit, will there be any hidden function like this?”  

‘ding’  

‘The host has to meet the conditions for activating a function, the system has no data on that and cannot help or reveal that.’  

When I heard that, I wanted to curse the system for being so selfish; but I held back that idea, to avoid being detected or heard by the system. And if the system takes revenge by holding back any rewards or starts functioning sloppily, then he would have to cry without tears.  

Throwing this matter behind I once again opened the ‘Status’ window  

------------------------------  

Name: Orochi  

Race: Human  

Rank: G     

Level: 15/100  

Exp: 900/1500  

Title: None            

Condition: Poisoned  

Stats:                (Available Free Stats Points: 22)  

HP: 1300/1500           MP:99/150  

Strength: 66  

Agility: 105  

Defense: 40  

Resistance: 40  

Sense: 50  

Stamina: 33  ------ Fatigue: 31/330  

Intelligence: 37  

Charm: 15 (can be increased with Free Stats Points, but won’t increase when leveling up)  

Vitality: 2 (cannot be increased with Free Stats Points)  

Luck: 8 (cannot be increased with Free Stats Points)  

------------------------  

Skills: Observation Lvl 1  

-----------------------  

Jobs: Thief.  

-----------------------  

‘Thief job skills’  

Stealth Lvl 2, Sprint Lvl 2, Spying Lvl 1, Disarm Traps Lvl 1, Pick Lock Lvl 1  

------------------------  

Balance = 2,300,233 Sikka  

-----------------------  

.  

After glancing at my stats, I hesitated whether to increase my other stats to 50, but after taking a look at my remaining ‘free stat points’, were only 22 points. I decided to save those because can be used in an emergency. Just like the fight I had a few seconds ago or when I escaped from the group of guards.  

(What will happen if I increased the ‘charm’ stat to 50, will I get more handsome or what??)  

It may be due to my habit of saving things that I decided to save the ‘free stat Points’.  

Done thinking about this stuff, I moved in the direction from which the scream came. I activated the ‘Stealth’ skill when moving to avoid any sneak attacks and also drank an MP potion to fill my used MP.  

After running for a few seconds, I heard some sounds of fighting ahead in the direction I was moving in.   

I immediately hid near a bush and as my ‘Stealth’ skill was active, I was barely noticeable.   

After hiding properly, I peeked in the direction where I heard sounds of fighting and saw that a man and a little girl were fighting.  

The girl looked like a 12 to a 13-year-old kid. While her opponent was a man. Or more precisely, it was the Evolver level guard who had surrounded me with his group of guards earlier.  

As they were fighting, or to be more precise, it looked like the girl was defending and the Evolver level guard was attacking.   

And from the looks of it, the girl had suffered many injuries and was bleeding in a few places. While, the Evolver guard also had injuries, but they did not look so severe compared to the girl’s injuries.  

From the situation, I can conclude that the girl will lose her fighting capability within a few minutes. And I only imagine her fate if she falls into the guard's hands.  

After a few seconds, I decided to join the fight because this is the last guard alive, who knows that I killed their young master, and to prevent him from exposing my identity, it's better to kill him when I have the chance.  

And looking at his strength, I am sure that it will be difficult to kill him with my own strength, or worst case even I might get injured or even die. So, it's better to join hands with the girl and kill him.  

I took out a spear from the ‘storage box’ and ran towards the two and aimed for the guard while the ‘Stealth’ was still active.  

‘Stealth’ works better when the person stays still. And when in motion, ‘Stealth’ has 50% of its original power.   

Although the skill’s power decreased, but my opponent’s attention is not on me so I can score a sneak attack.  

Slowly, I got closer and was only 5 or 6 meters away from the Evolver guard.   

And at the same time, the little girl lost her footing and balance. The guard took advantage of that and prepared to deal a critical blow.   

And at the same time, I saw that the opportunity arrived and immediately activated ‘sprint’ and thrust the spear in my hand towards the Evolver guard’s neck.  

The guard was focused on his fight and he failed to notice the danger that was approaching him. The spear easily pierced the Guard's neck and from the angle, I thrust the spear, it should have pierced his brain too.  

I remembered a Proverb, I read in my past life  

"The mantis stalks the cicada, unaware of the oriole behind"  

That’s what happened here. The guy was concentrated on his fight and I took advantage of it and sneakily killed him.  

Here the girl is the cicada, the Guard is the mantis and I am the Oriole.

12