36- Quick Escape
175 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

36- Quick Escape

The ‘White fang Wolf’ inherits the bloodline of both the ’Howling Moon Wolf’ and ‘The Badum Python’.
The ‘White fang Wolf’ in front me is of about 4 meters in size and normally ‘White fang Wolf’s size ranges from 3 to 4 meters when they are in Mortal Realm or Transformation Realm. And that is because of ‘The Badum Python’ bloodline, as the ‘White fang Wolf’ becomes stronger its size also increases. This means, that as its cultivation increases, its bloodline will show its effect and it will increase in size.
The ‘White fang Wolf’ has skin and fur similar to the ’Howling Moon Wolf’, which is White and beautiful as the Moon.
But the head of the ‘White fang Wolf’ is what looks creepier than anything. The head of the ‘White fang Wolf’ is like a combination of both the heads of a Wolf and a Python.
Normally a python’s nose is situated above its mouth and basically, it is plain shaped, and there are only two holes provided for its breathing or smelling purpose.
But the ‘White fang Wolf’ has the body of the wolf and head like a Python. But it has a wolf’s nose. And the teeth of the ‘White fang Wolf’ are like a python rather than a wolf.
It also has poison fangs of the python or snake family, and its poison is very lethal. Even a Demi-Human stage human or Monster will die in a few seconds.
And the ‘White fang Wolf’ does not eat the flesh, it swallows its prey like how a python swallows its prey. ‘White fang Wolf’ also has healing capabilities similar to the ‘Howling Moon Wolf’ but the ‘White fang Wolf’ healing factor is almost 1 % of the ‘Howling Moon Wolf’s healing factor on a Full Moon night.
So, although they have obtained both the qualities and powers of the ’Howling Moon Wolf’ and ‘The Badum Python’, but those powers can only be urged at a basic level.
In a sense, that is a blessing and also a curse.
Or something like, a bank cashier holds most of the money of the customers, but he cannot use it and can only look at it or steal/use a negligible amount of money from it.
And another reason that makes my back cold with sweat is that from the aura released by the ‘White Fang wolf’ I can assume that it has crossed the Mortal realm and stepped into the Transformation realm.
And I don’t think I can handle a transformation realm monster; forget Transformation Realm Monster, right now I can hardly compete with an Evolver Stage monster or human.
=============================
Quick Recap:
(Cultivation division)
1. Mortal realm
- >Awakening stage
- >Beginning stage
- >Refinement stage
- >Evolver stage
- >Demi-human stage
2. Transformation Realm
(subdivisions will be added later)
3. Royalty Realm
(subdivisions will be added later)
==============================
.
Realizing that I am playing with my life because if I continue to sneak here when there is a Transformation realm Monster and a group of Wolves, then it is only a matter of time that I will be discovered by them. So, I decided to sneak away from here and circle around from here to avoid meeting these monsters.
As my ‘Stealth’ skill was active, I quietly sneaked back to where I told Armelia Lama to wait.
But when I reached there, I saw Armelia was healing and was unaware that there was a wolf which was hiding near her. Immediately I took out a spear from the ‘Storage Box’ and threw it towards a wolf that was preparing to sneak attack Armelia.
The spear pierced the wolf’s abdomen, and the wolf shrieked with agony.
Realizing, that the wolf was similar to wolves from the earlier group and its shriek might alert those wolves, I activated the ‘Sprint’ skill and ran towards the Wolf and when I was close enough, I took out the ‘Practice sword’ and beheaded the wolf.
‘ding’
‘Beginning Stage Monster killed’
‘+1200 Exp'
‘Level up’
‘Obtained 20 Free stat Points’
I did not pay attention to the system notification, I immediately grabbed Armelia Lama and picked her up, and ran with my ‘Stealth’ and ‘Sprint’ skill active.
“Ahh.... what are you doing?”
Armelia Lama got startled by my actions and screamed, but I simply said,
“Hush... be quiet. There are monsters nearby and we must run away fast, or we will die here.”
Armelia still wanted to protest for carrying her, but I did not pay attention to her. As I am sure that the wolf’s scream might have alarmed those Wolves Pack and the ‘White Fang Wolf’. So, I need to get away from here before they can surround us, and we become tonight’s dinner for the ‘White Fang Wolf’ and its Pack.
----------------------------------
Orochi’s guess was correct, the ‘White Fang Wolf’ and its pack of wolves were alarmed by Wolf’s shriek, and they arrived in a dozen seconds at the location where Armelia was healing.
Seeing the beheaded wolf lying on the ground, the ‘White Fang Wolf’ and its group were furious and started howling.
'Awooooo’
'Awooooo’
'Awooooo’
.
.
From their actions, it is clear that the dead wolf was with the ‘White Fang Wolf’ and its group of wolves. So, it was obvious for them to get furious.
Although the Monsters do not have human intelligence when they are at a low level. But as they become stronger, they too develop a Human level of intelligence and emotions gradually.
And emotions like anger, love, hunger, fear, etc. are some of the basic emotions and instincts of any living thing.
The ‘White Fang Wolf’ was extremely furious maybe because the dead wolf was his underling and whoever killed it, made the ‘White fang wolf’ feel someone challenging his authority or insulting him, or maybe his pride was hurt or some other reason.
‘Siii...siii...’
After some time, the ‘White Fang Wolf issued some command in its language, and all the wolves started searching for any clues. A wolf’s sense of smell should be the most powerful sense they have, and it was only a matter of time before they could detect some human’s blood in the air with their extraordinary smelling sense.
Armelia Lama was clearly injured and had some areas where she was bleeding. And that blood’s scent was mixed and was still lingering in the air. And that scent would normally be impossible to detect, but the wolves have the extraordinary smelling capability, so they immediately remembered the scent. Especially, the ‘White Fang Wolf’ and it immediately issued the order to track the scent.
‘Sii...sii..sii’
Although there should be a scent belonging to Orochi, but he was clearly maintaining ‘Stealth’ skill which eliminates his chances of being discovered, and on top of it, Armelia’s blood scent covered the vague scent of Orochi present in the air.
So, if Orochi was running alone, he could have escaped easily, but since he is carrying Armelia, he can only take the risk and run with all his strength.
.
=========================
Author’s note:
“Si...Si...Si...”
(‘White Fang Wolf’s sound because it has a python head. And you cannot expect it to howl, right? Yeah, its howling will be ssii... sii...sii)
=========================

8