37- First Title
159 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

37- First Title

By the time ‘White Fang Wolf’ and the wolves group started tracking Armelia’s Blood scent, Orochi and Armelia Lama were already about 200 to 300 meters away from the scene.
--------------------------
Although, I have run far away from the area where I killed the Wolf, but I still vaguely heard the Wolves howling (maybe due to my improved ‘Sense’ stat) and my heart started beating faster because I felt that the distance, I have run is not enough. Because my speed is comparable to an ordinary evolver, but not comparable to a Transformation realm monster.
So, I have been investing, 5 ‘Free stat points’ in the ‘Agility’ stat after every 5 seconds. I decided to add 45 ‘Free stat points’ in the ‘Agility’ stat to increase my chances of escape.
Although, adding 5 ‘Free stat points’ after every 5 seconds is risky and can even harm my body giving me discomfort and pain like earlier, but luckily my body did not show any discomfort or pain this time. Maybe my body could adapt to these changes when adding ‘Free stat points’, but only to a certain limit of ‘Free stat points’, can be added for now and I am not in the mood or situation to do any experiments like that. It can only be postponed to sometime later.
(When I am out of this problem, that is.)
As I was running, I heard system notifications,
‘ding’
‘(Sprint) Skill Levelled up’
‘(Sprint Lvl 2) leveled up to (Sprint Lvl 3)’
‘(Stealth) Skill Levelled up’
‘(Stealth Lvl 2) leveled up to (Stealth Lvl 3)’
Subconsciously, I glanced at the system notification and immediately got excited as both of my skills, leveled up.
With that, my speed was increased by at least 10 %, and my stealth ability was clearly increased by 50% from before. But since I am running, my current stealth ability efficiency can only equal to when my ‘Stealth’ Skill was at Lvl 2, and only if I am not moving can it work better.
So, if right now I can stay still, then I can hide much better than when I am running. But I cannot do that or even bet on that because I need to escape.
Suddenly I remembered about my MP. As I was completely focused on escaping and using two skills must have used up a lot of MP, so I drank a Lvl 2 MP potion to fill my MP bar as much as I can.
Armelia Lama protested for a while but gradually gave up realizing the seriousness of the problem and I was carrying her on my back. Seeing me drink MP potion, she asked,
“Hey what did you drink?”
I simply answered
“Energy drink”
Hearing my answer, she got confused and asked again,
“What is an energy drink?”
Realizing that I made a mistake by answering like that, and I had no time to explain properly, I told her
“Umm...can we talk later? After we get to some safe place?”
Hearing my answer, Armelia Lama pouted with her little mouth but stopped asking any further questions.
“Hmph”
I ignored her expression and ran at full speed.
‘Awooo’
As I was running, I heard the Wolves howl and realized that they were able to track us and are getting closer.
Gradually, I started getting desperate and racked my brain about ‘How to get out of this problem’, when I heard the system notification again,
‘Ding’
‘Congratulations to the host for obtaining a new title.’
‘Title- Marathon Runner (Rookie)’
‘Marathon Runner Description: Can be obtained by those who have run for many kilometers in a single day.’
‘Buffs = +10 % ‘Agility’ and ‘Stamina’, Fatigue limit increased by 20%’
‘Buff can only be activated for 10 minutes.’
‘Buff cooldown period = 10 Hours’
My speed increased by 10 % and the fatigue that I felt earlier was reduced. And when I finally read the system’s notification, I understood what happened and felt like my chances of survival increased. But when I saw that, this title gives me Buff for only 10 minutes, I once again felt desperate as the Wolves are getting closer and I will be soon visible to them. And they might also catch up with us and surround us.
10 minutes is by no means enough for me to escape from these monsters.
As I was once again racking my brain to think of a way to get out of this, I heard the sounds of a waterfall.
“Swaaa....”
“Swaaa....”
Hearing that sound, I made a risky decision and changed to the direction, from which I could hear the waterfall’s sound.
After running for 10 seconds or so, I saw a cliff and a river ahead. The water was flowing from the cliff down to the pond filled with water. The cliff had a height of at least 50 to 60 meters.
‘Awooo’
Listening to the wolves howl, I gritted my teeth and ran to the cliff.
Seeing me running toward the cliff, Armelia Lama who was on my back got shocked and her face lost all the color, and she started shouting,
“What are you doing you, idiot? If you want to do die, you can die by yourself, but don’t take me with you.”
“Please drop me, I am still single, and did not get a boyfriend yet.”
I did not pay any attention to Armelia’s pleading or crying. And I jumped down from the cliff along the waterfall and closed my eyes.
‘‘Aahhh’’
“Waaa...waa...mother I am sorry for being disobedient...”
Armelia also closed her eyes, and hugged my neck with her full strength, as if afraid she would separate from me or/ wanting to take me to hell along with her if by any chance she dies and I survive.
‘Splash’
‘ding’
‘-122 HP’
We dived into the water with full force, and I lost HP which means I suffered damage due to the fall. Of course, with that, I felt a strong pain, which made me clench my teeth.
Well, it is better than becoming dinner for the pack of Wolves, especially even better from being swallowed by the ‘White Fang Wolf’.
Anyway, I don’t know much swimming experience, but I can still it handle for the time being.
As I was deep in the water, I tried moving to the surface of the pond. As Armelia Lama was still holding me tightly, it was difficult to move. But with some difficulty, I managed to reach the top surface of the pond.
When I reached the surface of the pond and I was nearly out of breath. So, after my head got out of the pond, I breathed air greedily to stabilize myself. Armelia Lama was actually in a much better state when compared to me. But she was still tensed regarding jumping from such heights.
Ignoring her, I looked around to get an idea of where I am, but the surroundings were dark and I am sure that it is not nighttime yet for the sky to get dark, as a few seconds ago the sky was still bright. And at least 2 hours were remaining for the sunset.

8