46- Food 2
125 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

46- Food 2  

  

As the wild boar appeared in front of us, for now, it solves our food issue and the ‘exp’ that I can get from killing this wild boar can help me level up at least once. And also provide me with some ‘Free stat points’.  

But then I remembered that Armelia is also with me, I don’t want her to kill or damage this boar as I will lose exp equivalent to the amount of damage she has dealt to the boar.  

So, I said to her,  

“Armelia, you stay back, I can deal with this boar, and don’t help me”.  

Hearing my words, Armelia immediately said,  

“But earlier you were injured, so let me do it.”  

Hearing her, I immediately declined and said,  

“No, I can handle it. So, I hope you don’t intervene”  

Looking at my face, Armelia reluctantly nodded her head and backed away to leave some space for us.  

Seeing Armelia move away, I turned my attention to the wild boar, but the wild boar was already running towards me and it was only 3 meters away from me.   

And the next second, the wild boar was in front of me and it was about to crash into me, but I still managed to react and dodged the wild boar's attack.  

‘brush’  

The wild boar managed to brush my clothes and due to the wild boar’s momentum, 5-6 meters of distance was produced between us, until it came to a stop and turn around to look at me. Once again preparing for another attack.  

Looks like I misjudged the wild boar’s speed and intelligence.   

While my attention was focused on Armelia and I was trying to convince her, the wild boar attacked at the same time I was distracted and talking with Armelia. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or its intelligence, but if my speed and reaction were not enough then maybe I would have been seriously injured.  

Plus, its speed is much faster when compared to the Refinement stage guard, that I had fought with earlier.   

Maybe this wild boar is at the peak of the Refinement Stage and will step into Evolver level soon.   

But luckily, I managed to avoid the wild boar’s attack, as my ‘Agility’ stats points are above 150 and now my current speed has gotten closer to 40 to 50% of the speed when I entered the Evolver stage (Before crippled or poisoned by friends).  

‘Roar’  

The wild boar roared and charged at me again, but this time its speed was increased by at least 10%.   

Although it increased its speed, I can still manage it. But to avoid prolonging this fight as some other monster or ‘White Fang Wolf’ might come, I decided to end this fight faster. So, I took out the knife from the waist belt, to finish the wild boar in one strike.  

I kept the knife at my waist belt, but not in the storage box because the knife’s Stat can only be applied or added to my Original Stat when I am carrying it. And who knows when will I encounter a difficult situation, and due to little lack of stats I might get injured. So, instead of encountering situations like that, it's better to carry a knife.  

And it’s not like I am carrying some boulder or weight, it's just a small knife. Plus, the ‘1 luck stat’ is important to me and can prevent all the bad things that I might encounter.  

‘Slash’  

As the wild boar got close to me and was only a half-meter away, I slashed the knife with full strength toward its neck. And before the boar could react, the knife touched the wild boar’s skin and a deep cut was made. And I dodged the wild boar’s attack and it went past me.  

Unfortunately, the wild boar did not die and was only bleeding. But to prevent the wild boar from creating distance between us or in case it decides to escape, I immediately followed back and made another attack.   

This time I pierced the wild boar's abdomen with the knife and made a huge cut.  

‘SQUEAL’  

Lots of blood and even some of the intestines were coming out of the wild boar's abdomen. The wild board made lots of painful noises but to prevent it from alerting other monsters, I immediately took out the ‘Practice Sword’ from the ‘Storage Box’ and beheaded the wild boar.  

‘Ding’  

‘Refinement Stage Monster killed’  

‘+1600 Exp’  

‘Level up’  

‘Obtained 20 Free stat Points’  

When I heard the system’s notification, without even looking at its body; I can confirm that the wild boar is dead.  

I was still vigilant regarding alerting other monsters or humans or ‘White Fang Wolf’ and its pack of wolves. So, I told Armelia,  

“Armelia, take this wild boar’s body back to the cave. I will follow you back after I gather wood and other materials for cooking. It is not safe for us to stay outside as the earlier sounds of our fighting or blood of wild boar might draw other monsters to us.”  

Armelia quickly nodded and picked up the wild boar’s body with her petite figure and moved toward the pond. The wild boar’s size is nearly equal to Armelia’s body size.  

Although her actions were funny, I got confused and asked,  

“Armelia, why don’t you store that in the Storage ring, it will be easier in getting back to the cave, right?”  

Hearing my call, Armelia stopped and said in a panic tone,  

“I am sorry, I don’t have any Storage ring with me”  

Although her answer was normal, but I don’t understand why is she panicked?  

Ignoring this, I told Armelia  

“Ok, leave this wild boar’s body to me and go back to the cave. I will bring wood and body.”  

Armelia nodded and dived into the pond.  

I quickly placed the wild boar’s body in the ‘Storage box’ and started looking for dry woods and also to see If I could find any ingredients to eat.  

After a few minutes, I gathered dry wood and a few edible mushrooms.   

Luckily, I did not encounter any monster or human on my way back and I entered the pond.  

I swam back to the cave and exited the water.  

When I got out of the water, I saw Armelia standing near the shore. Seeing my return, she walked towards me, or to be exact she hurried towards me.  

Seeing her action, I became vigilant. But she stopped at least 2 meters away from me. Seeing this I became more confused. And asked  

“Armelia is something wrong?”  

Armelia said  

“I... No, it's nothing. It's just that I don’t like dark places.”  

“Oh...Ok.”  

So, that’s how it is, she is scared of dark places and when she saw me coming back, she moved towards me and wanted to stay close.  

“Well, I got wood and some mushrooms. Let's go inside and roast meat.” 

6