48- Skill level up
111 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

48- Skill level up  

  

“Hey, are you okay?”  

I came back to reality after hearing Armelia’s call. I turned my head to her and asked,  

“What happened?”  

Armelia replied,  

“You were holding the food and were not moving. I thought something was wrong as you were sitting still and acting weird.”  

Hearing Armelia's words, I realized that due to system notification and the new title, I was lost in thought and Armelia assumed that something was wrong. So, I simply replied,  

“Oh, it's nothing. I was thinking about something else.”  

Armelia asked,  

“What were you thinking about? Are you...Are you...”  

As Armelia was speaking, she stuttered, her face got red and she finally said,  

“Are you thinking about the shameless Cultivation Art that we received?”  

Hearing Armelia’s words, my expression became weird. Like why is she calling it ‘Shameless Cultivation art’?  

Then I remembered the content of the ‘Posi-Nega-Tive sutra', and it is related to Dual cultivation/ sex/ Intercourse. And if I am not wrong, the cultivation art received by Armelia, the ‘Nega-Posi-Tive sutra' is similar to the ‘Posi-Nega-Tive sutra'. Which relates to things like Dual cultivation/ sex/ Intercourse.   

So, it is no wonder she names both the cultivation art as ‘Shameless’.  

Suddenly I remembered about the Brown book that I got along with the Golden scroll from the Old man’s statue. I don’t remember storing the brown book in my ‘Inventory’ and ‘Storage Box’. I asked Armelia  

“Armelia, where is the brown book that we got earlier from the statue?”   

“I think we left it at the broken statue.”  

Said Armelia quickly.  

I quickly grabbed the flashlight and saw that the book is still lying on the floor. I took a breath of relief.  

Earlier when the scroll’s light disappeared between our eyebrows and Armelia fainted due to pain, I forgot to take the Brown book and store it. After she woke up, we got hungry. So, we went out looking for food and left the Brown book in the cave. But luckily, it's still there.  

As I was about to get up, Armelia ran towards the book while speaking  

“You wait, I will bring the book.”  

Hearing this, I simply sat down again.  

As I was sitting, I remembered something. So, I asked the system  

“System, this food with the buff, will they have any time limit in which I have to consume it?”  

‘ding’  

‘Host can use (Observation skill) on the food to find the details’  

Reading this, I used the ‘Observation’ skill on the food on which I used 5 MP.  

‘Meat & Mushroom Roast’  

‘Strength buff – 4% for 10 minutes’  

‘Ding’   

‘Host needs to level up (Observation skill) to know further information.’  

When I read this, I got disappointed.  

The skills like ‘Stealth’ and ‘Sprint’ have leveled up as I have been using them frequently, but the number of times I used the ‘Observation’ skill was very less, so it makes sense that the Observation skill has not yet leveled up. But then I remembered that every skill has a description and along with it there is also a ‘Proficiency’ bar shown.  

So, I opened the status window and opened the ‘Observation’ skill’s description.   

---------------------------------  

Observation Lvl 1:  

Provides information to the user when used on any living thing or an object.  

(It mainly depends on the level of the skill. If the skill level is low then the information obtained will be insufficient or may show ‘????’)  

Proficiency = 96%  

Requires = 1 MP for each time used  

----------------------------------  

I saw that the ‘Observation’ skill’s proficiency is at 96%, which means if I use the ‘Observation’ skill again once or twice then it will level up.  

So, I decided to use the ‘Observation’ skill again on the ‘Food roasted using 5 MP’.  

--------------------  

‘Meat & Mushroom Roast’  

‘Strength buff – 4% for 10 minutes’  

‘Ding’   

‘Host needs to level up (Observation skill) to know further information.’  

-------------------  

I checked the proficiency of ‘Observation’ skill and saw that it was still at 96%. But I did not give up, I used the ‘Observation’ skill on ‘Food roasted using 10 MP’. Maybe it was because I already used the skill on the ‘Food roasted using 5 MP’; and when I used it again on the same item, the ‘Observation’ Skill’s proficiency did not increase.   

--------------------  

‘Meat & Mushroom Roast’  

‘Strength buff – 5% for 10 minutes’  

‘Ding’   

‘(Observation) skill leveled up’  

Observation Lvl 2:  

Provides information to the user when used on any living thing or an object.  

(It mainly depends on the level of the skill. If the skill level is low then the information obtained will be insufficient or may show ‘????’)  

Proficiency = 1%  

Requires = 1 MP for each time used  

-------------------  

And my guess was right when I saw the message that ‘Observation’ skill leveled up.  

So, once again I used the ‘Observation’ skill on both the food and as I guessed new data was written.  

-----------------------  

.  

‘Meat & Mushroom Roast – 5 MP’  

‘Strength buff – 4% for 10 minutes’  

‘Food power will expire in 2 hours’  

.  

‘Meat & Mushroom Roast – 10 MP’  

‘Strength buff – 5% for 10 minutes’  

‘Food power will expire in 2 hours’  

.  

-------------------------  

So, if I don’t consume this food in 2 hours, then it will go back to normal food. But for now, any help I can get is useful, so instead of being disappointed that I only have 2 hours, I decided to prepare more food and store it in the ‘Inventory’.  

“Here.”  

While I was busy leveling up my skill, Armelia came back with the Brown book and handed it to me. Hearing her call, I turned my attention to the Brown book.   

I took the book and opened it. But it was completely empty. I turned all the pages but there was no content. Then I remembered that the old man’s projection said, that each time our cultivation increases, we need to drop our blood together on the book and we will have access to information equal to our cultivation.  

But right now, I don’t have any cultivation, which means even if I drop my blood on this book there will nothing to be gained.  

But I still thought of giving it a try, as right now I have a system, and maybe by some chance, it might work. Or my extra ‘+1 Luck’ stat from the knife might come in handy? And also, right now my fighting power is equal to an average Evolver stage human or monster.  

I took the knife and made a cut on my finger and squeezed a drop of blood on the book. And told Armelia to extend her finger so that I can do the same.  

Armelia extended her trembling hand towards me with her eyes closed, I made a small cut on her finger and squeezed a drop of blood on the book. As soon as our blood fell on the book, the Brown book gave off white light.  

‘Shwaa..’ 

5