CH 17 – Opening Meridians And About Qi
112 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Elder Sister, please, no more. I don't have any space left in my stomach. You have already fed me five plates of meat dishes with five bowls of rice, if I eat anymore..." A beautiful and handsome Zhu Furong jumped off the chair while pleading to Zhu Ling.

Yes! Handsome. Our Zhu Furong has finally been promoted from being a beautiful girl to being a beautiful boy.

He still has the same smooth and fair face with beautifully carved features, but now there is a hint of manliness. He looks extremely attractive to any girl who looks at him.

Though... It's only in theory, since this guy still hasn't stepped out of the Zhu manor even once.

"Just finish these sweets, just this plate. Elder Sister cooked all these herself for you, you don't want to hurt her feelings do you?" Zhu Ling held a beautifully decorated sweet in her chopsticks and shoved it towards the retreating Zhu Furong with a motherly face.

Helpless, Zhu Furong had to step forward and eat the sweet.

"No more. I really can't eat anymore Elder Sister. Just preserve whatever is left. I will eat later, but no more food for now." Zhu Furong begged.

"Ah ok ok. I won't force you anymore. Also, you don't have to eat stale food. I will cook again if you want to eat my cooking. Just let me know." Zhu Ling smiled while wiping Zhu Furong's mouth with a small towel.

Zhu Furong nodded vigorously.

"By the way, what did you receive as a birthday gift?" Zhu Ling asked.

"Let me show you. Where did I keep it..." Zhu Furong started looking for something around the room.

"Ah here it is." Zhu Furong pulled out a wooden box from one of his bookshelves and a large wooden box from under his bed.

He opened the small box and presented it to Zhu Ling while he uncovered the bigger box for Zhu Ling to take a look at.

Zhu Ling held the tiny wooden box in her hands. Inside the box is a beautifully carved, gold and silver Calligraphy Pen. And taking a look at the wooden box, inside it is a pearl white Zither.

"The pen is from grandpa and the zither is from Fourth Uncle." Zhu Furong said with a smile.

"So beautiful. Use them carefully, ok?" Zhu Ling rubbed Zhu Furong's head.

"Yes." Zhu Furong answered.

"Well I can't give you any gift right now, but in the future ask me for anything after I get married. I will make my husband cough up enough money to buy anything you want." Zhu Ling said in a rowdy tone.

"Ah! Elder Sister you can't... Also, isn't your future husband the second prince of the Ming Dynasty? You shouldn't bully such an important person." Zhu Furong warned her Elder Sister, scared that she might do it for real given her brave character and love for her little brother.

"What bully? It's called 'disciplining your husband'... Humph!" Zhu Ling sneered.

Then she gritted her teeth. "I just remembered, I saw that bastard flirting with another woman a few days ago. I still haven't taught him a lesson for that."

"Ah... Umm..." Zhu Furong is lost for words. He secretly prayed for the second prince's safety.

The siblings chatted for a while and Zhu Ling left after twisting Zhu Furong's ear almost 360 degrees.

Moments later some servants cleaned the dining table and took away the remaining food.

Now Zhu Furong is all alone in his room and courtyard, with a lot of free time in hand. It's afternoon time and there's no classes today.

A good time to run naked all over the place...

...Just kidding.

Zhu Furong undressed his white hanfu which he wore all day long to greet his family members, who doesn't give a fuck and changed into his regular comfy white t-shirt and black trousers.

He sat cross-legged on the bed and meditated for some time.

"I am seven years old now, it's time to take a step further in Cultivation." He said.

"Sigh!... When will I be able to hatch? Those tasty looking dishes... Slurp!... Sigh! You are enjoying your life while I..." Zhu Xingzuo's grieving voice echoed inside Zhu Furong's head.

Zhu Furong's face instantly showed frustration. "Why talk nonsense? I will feed you all the shit you want once you hatch in the future. Till then just shut the fuck up and help me with Cultivation. I have waited for so long for this day to come. Don't make me wait any longer."

"Er..." Zhu Xingzuo felt bullied.

"So where do we start? What's the first step? I mean the first step of Body Transformation technique." Zhu Furong excitedly asked.

"Well whatever,I will take revenge when I get the chance." Zhu Xingzuo blatantly threatened and then started explaining.

"The origin of Body Transformation technique is the Demon Race. As you know, the Demon Race is born with a strong physique. Body Transformation technique just adds more to what they already have. It just makes them have three heads and six arms."

"Body Transformation technique has nine stages. Opening Meridians, Opening Acupoints, Opening Dantian, Body Cleansing, Meridians Tempering, Viscera Training, Bones Reforging, Marrow Tempering and last is Muscle Altering."

"Got it?" Zhu Xingzuo asked.

"There isn't any Qi Condensation stage? Does it come after these? I mean without Qi, it's not Cultivation is it? It's just another Body Preparation rank but with a twist." Zhu Furong asked with confusion.

"Twist my ass! It is how it is. That's what your masters passed onto me. There is something about Qi, but it's much later. I mean way later. Like after you ascend to the Upper Realm later." Zhu Xingzuo answered.

"What!? How can that be? If I Cultivate Qi after ascending to the Upper Realm, what will I do during my stay in the Lower Realm? Won't I be bullied intolerably?" Zhu Furong complained.

"Well, according to your master Demon God, completing Body Transformation technique will give you enough strength to fight against the Human Race's Revolving Core rank Cultivators." Zhu Xingzuo said.

Zhu Furong opened his mouth wide enough to fit two eggs and kept it open for a while. He is shocked.

He sucked in cold air. "Siiiii... Body Transformation against Revolving Core rank. I mean, Body Preparation rank, Meridian Opening and Qi Condensation rank, Foundation Establishment rank, Core Formation rank, and then comes Revolving Core rank!"

"If the Demon Race's Body Transformation technique is similar to the Human Race Body Preparation rank then, one two three..." 

"You are telling me I can jump three whole ranks to fight against the Revolving Core rank? Are you serious?"  Zhu Furong excitedly shouted to Zhu Xingzuo with Divine Sense.

"Fuck Big Brother, my ears... Aw!!" Zhu Xingzuo cursed.

"S-Sorry... Hehe..." Zhu Furong rubbed his tip of nose while being embarrassed.

"Well it definitely sounds good, but not easy to achieve." Zhu Xingzuo continued his explanation.

"The first six stages are somewhat easy to achieve and don't require much Cultivation resources. But the last three stages... You gotta break some bones for that Big Brother. It's not gonna be easy at all. You may even find it impossible to achieve in this Lower Realm where finding rare treasures is as hard as finding a needle in the haystack."

"One step at a time. We will take one step at a time. If necessary, I will get out of the house. Heck, I will even fight against the Emperor if necessary. No joke!" Zhu Furong said solemnly.

"Well, goodluck with that. I will be there for you whenever you need my help." Zhu Xingzuo encouraged.

"So? What are the requirements to achieve the first stage of Body Transformation technique?" Zhu Furong asked with a serious look.

"The first stage of Body Transformation technique is Opening Meridians. It's quite similar to the Human Race Meridians Opening, but this time you have to open Eight Extraordinary Meridians along with the 12 Major Meridians." "Those Eight Extraordinary Meridians will be challenging to open, rest is similar to the Human Race Cultivation which you are familiar with from your past life I presume." Zhu Xingzuo explained.

"Yes. Just tell me how to open the Eight Extraordinary ones, I can handle the rest." Zhu Furong confirmed.

"You need someone to channel Qi through your Meridians to forcefully open them. In our case, I will absorb Spiritual Qi madly through your whole body rather than just the dantian. You will need to focus your attention to guide the Spiritual Qi through the right path with your Soul Energy." "We will both be tired as fuck after just few rounds for sure. But well, we can't ask for anyone's help here." Zhu Xingzuo stated.

"With the Spiritual Qi you will open the 12 Major Meridians. Then for the Eight Extraordinary Meridians... Sigh!... I will provide you with my Chaos Qi, it is more vigorous than any other Qi out there and only second to the Primal Chaos Qi. This will help you to forcefully open the Eight Extraordinary Meridians."

"You should feel indebted to me, you know? Chaos Qi is not something cheap." Zhu Xingzuo grunted.

Zhu Furong rolled his eyes. "How will I know? You never explained anything about Chaos Qi to me."

"Ah, I forgot about it... But wait! Didn't you say you will remind me? It's not my fault then." Zhu Xingzuo retorted.

"I am reminding you now isn't it? Explain now." Zhu Furong shamelessly dodged the blame.

"Er... You are really shameless. Well, it's not like I didn't know it. So it's my fault to even consider reasoning with you." Saying this Zhu Xingzuo started his explanation of Qi.

"First there was all Chaos and nothing else. Chaos is kinda similar to a gray and black coloured gas but extremely heavy in weight. Each particle of Chaos is so chaotic that it causes destruction to a single touch, it corrodes."

"But since there is Chaos there is Order too. And in this case the Order is lightning! It will be more believable if I pull your attention to Divine Punishment. The Heavens use lightning bolts to punish the sinners. It passes judgment and restores Order!

"Heavens..." Furong suddenly wanted to ask something.

Zhu Xingzuo noticed it and cleared Zhu Furong's confusion before he asked for it.

"Don't worry, I will explain everything... Hmm..."

"Let's assume the Universe to be a kingdom. Then the king is Chaos and the queen is Order."

"If there is a kingdom, there are laws of the kingdom. And to enforce these laws you need a judiciary."

"The Heavens is the judiciary! And the laws of the kingdom are nothing else but the Heavenly Laws."

"I guess I have answered what you were about to ask."

Zhu Furong nodded.

"Now back to Chaos and Order."

"The universe is nothing but a vessel. And it's filled with Chaos. The existence of Chaos gives birth to Order."

"It was the collision between Chaos and Order that split the Chaos into two."

"Later, the two parts of Chaos came to be known as elements, named Yin and Yang. Both Yin and Yang have nature similar to Chaos and Order respectively and hence are opposites in nature."

"With time the Yin and Yang broke into the five basic elements. Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water."

"Later these five elements split into 10,000 laws. And these laws created nature!"

Speaking till here, Zhu Xingzuo took a short break to catch his breath.

"Fwoooo... True marvelous. I learned something quite astounding today." Zhu Furong is thrilled.

"So... What about Qi? You told me something interesting, but there's no mention of Qi you know?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Let me take a breath will you? I am not a machine, to keep talking non stop." Zhu Xingzuo retorted.

"Not a machine but an egg. What are you getting tired of? Humph!" Zhu Furong mocked while murmuring.

"I can hear you, you know." Zhu Xingzuo reminded.

Zhu Furong rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

After a brief silence Zhu Xingzuo continued with his explanation.

"After the formation of nature, life was born and so came death. The energy released from the cycle of nature is what we call Spiritual Qi."

"Since, nature is filled with various things and not everything is good and pure, the Spiritual Qi present in the air is also impure. Hence we need to purify it before we can make use of it."

"For the Human Race the purification comes as the conversion of Spiritual Qi into Essence Qi. The Essence Qi is filled with Life Energy and is full of vitality."

"The Demon Race converts the Spiritual Qi into Demonic Qi. It's mainly the collection of the Negative Energy in nature. Hence the Demons have somewhat evil tendencies. They are not evil by nature, it's their Cultivation technique that affects their nature." "Though they are helpless initially, since their body is created to only handle Demonic Qi, but after reaching a certain level in Cultivation they can control their emotions quite well depending on if they want to or not. After all, some enjoy the thrill of being a savage person." "It's the same for other races' people isn't it? Everyone enjoys acting like a ruler."

"The Monster Race converts the Spiritual Qi into Monster Qi which is quite vigorous, but not as much as Chaos Qi, it's still lacking in some places." "Well, since it's vigorous, it boosts the confidence of Monster beasts, and hence the reason for the Monster Race being so prideful and arrogant."

"And at last, the Spirit Race is the closest to nature and hence doesn't need to convert the Spiritual Qi. They Cultivate the Spiritual Qi. All they are required to do is to purify the Spiritual Qi in the air before adding it to their own strength." "Though there are some species of Spirit Race which Cultivate Essence Qi and Monster Qi but the most surprising ones are the pure Spirits which don't even need to purify the Spiritual Qi." "You will learn about them later."

"That's everything about Qi, what do you think? If you still don't understand something, just ask." Zhu Xingzuo said in a haughty tone.

"Your fucking Chaos Qi." Zhu Furong sneered.

"Er... Umm... Fuck!" Zhu Xingzuo cursed with embarrassment for acting haughty a second ago and got mocked the next second.

But nonetheless he still explained.

"Just like the Spiritual Qi is closest to nature, Chaos Qi is closest to the Chaos and Order." "Well not the closest, since the closest one would be the Primal Chaos Qi, but that's something only Heavens have control of and only Heavens knows where it can be found." "Even a Primal Beast like me has never seen a dot of it. Though I yearn for it." Zhu Xingzuo said with emotions.

"Ehem!... Unlike other Qis which can be seen in different primary colors, Chaos Qi is gray and Primal Chaos Qi should be... Dark gray if I am not wrong."

"Chaos Qi is quite heavy compared to other Qis and so is hard to control. But, it is strong. It's so strong that one strand of Chaos Qi is equal to 4 strands of Qi from the four races combined."

"Well, to be honest Chaos Qi is the combination of all the four different Qis and all the laws in nature. It's something more precious than any Heavenly Treasure."

"Though unfortunately Chaos Qi doesn't suit the body of normal creatures. They can't Cultivate it, and even if they try to Cultivate it, they will suffer life threatening repercussions." 

"As far as I know, only we, the Primal Beasts, are capable of Cultivating Chaos Qi and if things go well... You may become the first one among the four races."

"Fwoooo... Now you know why I said, you should be thankful to me for sharing my Chaos Qi with you? I fucking worked so hard to convert this stupid impure Spiritual Qi to Chaos Qi for god knows how many billions of years and I still can't hatch. It's fucking 4 is to 1 ratio and that's only on paper, it way more than this in reality. But I still helped you with your Cultivation. I at least deserve a thanks, don't I." Zhu Xingzuo lamented.

Now it is Zhu Furong's turn to feel embarrassed and awkward. Zhu Xingzuo has even sold his wife for his Big Brother, if even after this Zhu Furong doesn't show any gratitude then he would be worse than a scum.

"Hehe... Xingzuo, thank you sooo very much. You are indeed my Little Brother, I will even die for you." While saying the last line Zhu Furong instinctively rolled his eyes left and right, like he was hiding something.

"Stop, stop. No need to lie so openly, I don't need your fake thanks. Just give me priority to the Cultivation resources you may discover or receive in the future. Humph!" Zhu Xingzuo disdainfully said.

"Wasn't this your aim from the start? Do you think I am some idiot? To give all the meat to you, leaving only the soup for me? No chance!" Zhu Furong instantly denied.

"You... Shameless!" Zhu Xingzuo cursed.

"Yes I am. What can you do about it?" Zhu Furong retorted.

"50-50. Whatever you find in the future we both get 50-50 of it." Zhu Xingzuo suggested. This is the only way to get anything out of the cunning Zhu Furong.

"70-30. You are only just sitting in the Nine-Layers Pagoda and I am doing all the work. What makes you deserve the same share as me?" Zhu Furong questioned.

"But I am helping you with your Cultivation, ain't I? There also will be many incidents where you will need my help in the future. Two hands are always better than one."  "Also... We are brothers, aren't we? Hehe, Big Brother, show some brotherly love will you." Zhu Xingzuo reasoned.

"Ptui! Fuck your brotherly love. We both are out here for benefits." "Well, I am indeed a generous and kind-hearted person just like my Master Demon God. So 60-40, and that's final." Zhu Furong made his decision.

"Ok ok, final final. 60 yours 40 mine... Phew!" Zhu Xingzuo felt blessed to have a somewhat fair deal. When he heard about Demon God's kindness, he almost had his heart jump out for a second.

'This guy is really generous and kind-hearted, at least compared to those two brute gods. He may bully me all the time like them, but he is at least not unfair to me.' Zhu Xingzuo thought.

Zhu Furong is really not a bad person, at least not to his close friends and family. He abides by the rule of, returning favor with fortune.

"Xingzuo, prepare the materials for the Opening Meridians stage. I don't want to waste even a second of my time." Zhu Furong reminded.

"In this life, I am really gonna transcend the Heavens." He murmured while gazing at the clear sky.

...

Zhu Furong is sitting cross-legged on his bed wearing his favorite white t-shirt and black trousers. His hair is tied into a bun.

He placed his hands in front of his lower dantian and started meditation.

Soon the air surrounding him started to churn and something invisible to the naked eye started to flow into his dantian at a rapid pace.

With the materials Zhu Xingzuo had prepared for Zhu Furong, Zhu Furong is ready to open his meridians to Cultivate the Opening Meridians stage of the Body Transformation technique.

There are 12 Major Meridians in a human body and Eight Extraordinary Meridians. In the case of Zhu Furong, it's the same. His body may consist of the bloodlines of all the four different races, but the constitution of his Physical Body is quite similar to human beings.

Didn't Bian Chao, the Spirit God, say before that the human race is the most populated species in the universe, so having the features and looks of human beings is the best way to keep yourself safe and hidden.

Zhu Furong's Physical Body was constructed keeping these points in mind. His masters were really considerate of their disciple.

Zhu Furong can stay hidden and safe till he is strong enough to show his true capabilities.

It was late at night, Zhu Furong slowly opened his eyes and stood up. There's some filth coming out of skin all over his body. He stinks. Gotta take a bath shouldn't he? 

Please close your eyes...

It's quite common for filth to come out of one's body, especially for Cultivators. A creature is only pure when it's inside its mother's womb. The instant it's born, it gets affected by the impure environment.

As a Cultivator keeps Cultivating to the higher ranks, his or her body keeps getting pure and pure, in the end reaching to its origin state, the state similar to when he or she was in her mother's womb. His or her body can then breathe Spiritual Qi rather than only oxygen for survival. And hence they can roam freely in space.

The process is slow and lengthy. But it's quite important. The amount of impurities one can discard from his or her body depends on the capabilities of the individual. Decent Cultivators can have about 69 percent pure body, while talented ones can have as much as 80 percent pure body.

Hundred percent pure body is quite rare and hasn't been seen for billions of years. Even Zhu Furong's masters had a 95 percent pure body which in itself is a miracle.

We will talk more about it later. Let's focus on Zhu Furong's Cultivation for now.

It takes about 4 years for a normal Cultivator to open all the 12 Major Meridians.

The process is quite tricky. Since a Cultivator who hasn't reached the Foundation Establishment rank, he or she can't control Spiritual Qi and need the help of an outsider to open their meridian channels for them.

The helper has to be above Foundation Establishment rank and with good control over his or her Qi.

The helper then channels his or her Qi, the Qi differing from whichever race they belong to, into the body of the amateur person, to help him or her with opening his or her meridian channels.

This process is quite delicate, since it needs timing and precision. They had to control the amount of Qi channeled through the amateur's body strictly, to avoid any damage.

Due to these intricacies, normal people usually open 3 meridians at a time. Then they condense Qi through these channels for a year of time, making the meridian channels flexible and broad. Every step has to be taken care of by someone experienced and above Foundation Establishment rank. And hence, not everyone can afford to become a Cultivator.

After all, these types of helpers will ask for quite a sum of money right?

For our Zhu Furong, money wasn't an issue. But the lie of him not being capable of Cultivating was. But since he has a super helper like Zhu Xingzuo, he doesn't care.

With his first event of undergoing meridians opening, Zhu Furong has surprisingly opened up 4 of the 12 Major Meridians. With this he wouldn't have to wait 4 years to open all 12 of his Major Meridians. He is quite excited.

From this time onwards, Zhu Xingzuo started absorbing Spiritual Qi after revolving it through Zhu Furong's 4 newly opened meridians. Zhu Furong's meridians started receiving VIP treatment.

The others have to make schedules for the help of Qi channeling, as their helpers are another individual of their society, they are not always free.

But the helper of our protagonist is sticking twenty-four-seven with him. This type of treatment, no one can even think of.

Imagine the condition of Zhu Furong's meridians, which are being soaked in Spiritual Qi all the time. 

We don't have to question the control of Zhu Xingzuo over Spiritual Qi. This egg has lived for billions of years. If he isn't the best in this field, then no one under the Heavens is.

4