CH 21 – Unexpected Surprise
115 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zhu Furong bought an alchemy furnace during one of his outings while looking for the jade identity token. He successfully concocted one batch of each pill he had bought as a sample from the market.

It's night time now, it didn't take long for Zhu Furong to concoct these pills as he has some experience from his past life and also the rank of the pills is quite low.

Putting his furnace away in the Nine-Layers Pagoda, Zhu Furong laid down on bed ready to sleep.

"White Tiger!" Suddenly Zhu Xingzuo shouted inside Zhu Furong's head.

"What?" Zhu Furong asked, surprised.

"Big Brother, it's the White Tiger." Zhu Xingzuo said.

"What White Tiger? What do you want to say? You were quiet the whole time since the afternoon and now you are talking gibberish." Zhu Furong scolded with frustration.

"No Big Brother, it's the bloodline inside that boy. You also felt it didn't you?" Zhu Xingzuo asked with confidence.

"That boy? I also felt?... Wait. By that boy you mean the prince? Prince Ming Zen?" Zhu Furong sat up in bed with a jerk.

He then used his Divine Sense to communicate. "You mean the weird feeling I felt when he touched me is due to his White Tiger bloodline?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Yes. It was a reaction from high rank Monster Race bloodlines being close to each other. You both are weak Cultivators now so you need to come into contact to have that feeling. Once your Cultivation is high enough, you can feel the presence of other Monster Race bloodlines just from a certain distance." Zhu Xingzuo answered.

"This feeling is the same as when a wild beast enters another beast's territory. There is a hierarchy among the Monster Race species and subspecies. Low rank monster beasts will always feel suppressed by high rank monster beasts." Zhu Xingzuo explained.

"So Prince Ming Zen has White Tiger bloodline inside him huh. Well isn't it good news? Since he has the bloodline of one of the four divine beasts inside him, he will definitely rise into a powerful Cultivator and thus he can protect my Elder Sister efficiently. I can rest assured about her future now." Zhu Furong smiled warmly.

For Zhu Furong, his Elder Sister is too important to him. She is just like his mother. He can't ask for more than her to be safe and happy.

"Prince Ming Zen seems to be a good person. He will definitely take care of her." Zhu Furong murmured. He paused, then added. "Looking at how they get along with each other... Elder Sister is the dominant one isn't she? Hehe." Zhu Furong got shivers thinking about Ming Zen's future life.

"I hope I don't have a future like that, it seems quite troublesome." Zhu Furong wiped the cold sweat off his forehead then went to sleep.

...

Next day morning, Zhu Furong got fresh and ready for his classes. But before his tutors, two unexpected guests arrived outside his room.

Knock! Knock! Someone knocked on the door of Zhu Furong's room.

"Yes." Zhu Furong answered the door. To his surprise he saw two young men standing outside the door. The taller one is wearing a white hanfu with cyan belt while the shorter one is wearing a cream coloured hanfu with orange belt.

The two men are Zhu Wei(great) and Zhu Gang(unyielding) respectively. The first and second Young Masters of the Zhu Family.

"Ah Elder Brother, Second Brother, good morning." Zhu Furong saluted.

"Good morning." Zhu Wei slightly nodded.

He then gazed inside Zhu Furong's room. Zhu Furong noticed it and tried to welcome them inside. "Please come in Elder Brother, Second Brother, please have a seat." Zhu Furong gestures.

Zhu Wei raised one of his hands in a denying gesture. "It's fine. I just came here to ask you something." Zhu Wei calmly said.

"Yes Elder Brother, please ask. I will answer whatever I can." Zhu Furong said with a smile.

"Hmm." Zhu Wei nodded. "Yesterday... The Princess, I mean Princess Ming Lan visited you right?" Zhu Wei asked.

"Yes. But didn't she visit you two as well? I heard from Elder Sister Zhu Ling." Zhu Furong answered with an interesting look. He somewhat has the idea what these two brothers-in-name-only of his are cooking.

"Well, yes. She visited both me and Younger Brother Gang, but it was only to pay her greetings." Zhu Wei said with a straight face.

"Did she say something to you? After all, your Elder Sister Ling is her future sister-in-law so..." Zhu Wei asked without showing any hesitation.

'She is your Younger Sister too you know? But only if you guys treat her as a family. You also came here to make sure there's nothing happening between me and that Little Princess, you think I don't know? Humph! You are quite lucky. Even though that girl has a cute face, but her personality...' Zhu Furong shivered thinking.

"Are you alright Younger Brother Furong." Zhu Wei asked with fake concern.

"Ah I am alright, I am alright. I just caught a little cold last night. Bad sleeping habits you know, hehe." Zhu Furong made an excuse while brushing his nose.

"Please take care of yourself, Younger Brother, if something were to happen to you..." Zhu Wei showed concern.

'Don't you dare put some curse on me you son of a-. Nothing will happen to me, if something bad happens, it will happen to you. Fuck you!' Zhu Furong cussed Zhu Wei in his mind.

"Hehe, thanks for your concern Elder Brother, I will take care." Zhu Furong smiled.

"So... The Princess Ming Lan..." Zhu Wei asked again.

"Ah, nothing happened. She visited to see what her future sister-in-law's little brother looks like, that's all. After all, I have never stepped out of the house, right? Most people in the capital don't even know what the third Young Master of the Zhu Family looks like, hehe." Zhu Furong answered with a sincere look.

"That's true." Zhu Wei nodded. 

"Well if nothing happened, then I will take my leave." Saying this Zhu Wei and Zhu Gang left.

On their way out Zhu Gang asked Zhu Wei. "Elder Brother, he didn't lie right? Nothing really happened between him and the princess?"

"You saw them too right, when they were walking to the main gate. None of them talked to each other or even looked at each other. She also visited us just to pay her greetings, it was just formality." Zhu Wei assured.

"Even if there's something happening between those two, we will know it for sure. We will take care of him then. There's no way we are letting those siblings have any relationship with the royal family, they are not worthy of it." Zhu Wei said in a low voice.

He continued. "Father has already made a proposal to his majesty, the Emperor, to form a marriage between the first prince or second prince with my sister Zhu Fen(fragrance)."

"Once the Emperor agrees, we will take care of Zhu Ling one way or another. She will either become a concubine or..." Zhu Wei smiled evilly.

"The Emperor also loves the princess very much and she is only six years old right now, there's no way he will consider her marriage. It hasn't been too long, a few months ago someone from the officials asked for the hand of Princess Ming Lan for his grandson. The Emperor almost sentenced him to death."

"If not for that there are many young men in the Ming Dynasty looking to get married to the princess. Even I... Sigh!" Zhu Wei sighed, shaking his head with disappointment.

Zhu Gang rolled his eyes on the side thinking. 'You won't get the chance, there are way better men out there, the Emperor would be blind to take you as his son-in-law.' Zhu Gang casually spat on the side.

...

In the afternoon, Zhu Furong is doing class revisions. He is doing calligraphy right now.

The gate of his courtyard opened and Zhu Ling entered. She stood behind Zhu Furong to finish his calligraphy.

"Here. It's a gift and letter from Little Sister Ming Lan." Zhu Ling passed a small wooden box and a paper envelope to Zhu Furong after he finished his calligraphy.

Zhu Furong received the two items with confusion on his face.

"Little Sister said, it's a gift to thank you for the beautiful melody you played for her." Zhu Ling said with a smile.

"Huh? When did I play any music for her?" Zhu Furong still seemed confused.

"Well, it was the music you were playing yesterday. Anyway, why do you care? Quickly open the box and let me see what she gifted you." Zhu Ling said with excitement.

"Er..." Zhu Furong doesn't know what to say.

He obeyed his Elder Sister and opened the small wooden box with the lid facing Zhu Ling, hiding the content of the box from her view.

It's just the siblings are positioned that way but this positioning saved Zhu Furong from a big trouble.

Just as he opened the box, his eyes widened with shock and his forehead instantly started perspiring. 

Clap! Zhu Furong instantly closed the box with a quick motion, shocking Zhu Ling.

An unexpected surprise!

"Ah, what is it? Why did you close the box so suddenly, I didn't see what's inside." Zhu Ling complained.

"Ah... Er... I-It's nothing E-Elder Sister, it's nothing special, hehe." Zhu Furong smiled awkwardly.

"What do you mean by 'nothing special'? Show me." Zhu Ling asked with frustration and rushed to snatch the box.

Zhu Furong quickly tucked the box inside his hanfu's sleeve and made a run for it shouting. "It's not for you Elder Sister, why do you care about it so much? It's my gift."

"Stop right there, I want to see what's inside. The Princess has gifted something to my Younger Brother, of course I have to see it. If it's not good enough, I will scold her later." Zhu Ling shouted while chasing after Zhu Furong.

"Don't talk stupid, you can't scold a Princess, that's treason." Zhu Furong shouted back.

"She is my future sister-in-law, I will do whatever I want. Now stop running and hand over the box to me." Zhu Ling didn't give up and kept chasing.

"No." Zhu Furong didn't stop and started running even faster.

After going round and round in the courtyard for about 10 mins both Zhu Furong and Zhu Ling were extremely tired.

They both huffed and puffed, Zhu Ling sat on the ground while Zhu Furong laid flat. They are quite far from each other.

"Huff! Puff!... How can you run so fast? You are not even a Cultivator." Zhu Ling asked while wiping her sweat.

"Huff! Puff!... I am just fit, you are fat." Zhu Furong answered while breathing heavily like a tired horse.

Unlike Zhu Ling, this guy ran carrying a weight of 700kg on his body. He is so tired that he got muddled and asked for a death sentence from Zhu Ling by calling her fat.

"You rascal! You wait." Zhu Ling gritted her teeth and shouted, she instantly stood up, ready to chase again.

"Ah, fuck my mouth." Zhu Furong cussed in a voice low enough for Zhu Ling to not hear. He also got ready to run again.

"Young Mistress Zhu Ling, Great General Zhu Bohai is calling for you." Suddenly a servant shouted from outside the gate of the courtyard.

"I am coming." Zhu Ling answered.

"You little rascal wait for your punishment later. I will make a monkey out of you." Zhu Ling threatened Zhu Furong and left.

"Phew! That was close." Zhu Furong wiped his forehead with relief. He then returned to his room and locked the door.

"Hehe, you are in big trouble this time Big Brother. The worst happened." Zhu Xingzuo mocked.

"Sigh!" Zhu Furong sighed and then he took out the small wooden box and opened it. He picked up his jade identity token which was kept inside the box.

Yes, it's the jade identity token of the Zhu Family which Zhu Furong lost a few days ago.

"I considered this possibility but also wished for it to not be true. My luck! Fuck!" Zhu Furong cursed with a frustrated look.

Then he looked at the paper envelope. The paper envelope is quite beautiful but Zhu Furong doesn't care about it. What he cares about is the letter inside it. He opened the seal and took out the folded letter.

"And this should be a letter of revenge or blackmail. Given how I behaved with her that day, It can't be a letter of thanks." Zhu Furong lamented holding the letter, not wanting to read it.

"But how did she know it was you? It could have been any of your brothers, after all, they are Zhu Family's Young Masters as well and the jade identity token only has the family name on it." Zhu Xingzuo asked with confusion.

"All troublemakers have a sharp brain, else where would they get all their evil ideas from? She must have remembered the features of my hand just after taking a glimpse of it. Sigh!" Zhu Furong shook his head.

"My peaceful days are over." He lamented.

"Well whatever. I will become a laughing stock at best, just like the other Young Masters who suffered at the hands of that Little Princess. At least she didn't shame me in public like them. I have to thank my Elder Sister for this I guess." Muttering, Zhu Furong opened the letter.

Yet another unexpected surprise! And this one is like an atom bomb.

4