CH 29 – Sunlight Sect
70 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunlight Sect is located in Sunlight Town in between Xidi Kingdom and Yujin Kingdom. The town is named after the Sunlight Sect and is the sect property, also like any other sect on the planet, it is not affiliated to any organization or power like empire or kingdoms. It is independent.

It takes five days to travel from western fort to Sunlight Sect. Zhu Furong rested for a day then departed early in the morning. Even though he will never return to this battlefield again, the name of the legendary rookie has been registered in the battle records of western fort with the achievements which will surprise anyone who takes a look at it. 

From the start to the end Zhu Furong only used the strength of Body Preparation rank and killed people up to Meridians Opening stage. The strength Zhu Furong displayed didn't surprise anyone much, but the number of kills did. It was a bloodbath.

Traveling through towns and cities, playing the role of Robin Hood. This time bloody Robin Hood as too much blood flowed this time, Zhu Furong arrived at the Sunlight Town after five days of journey.

It is night time now. The town is bustling with crowds and all businesses are open. The sect trial will be held tomorrow so everyone is excited. All the inns are already full and even some houses are holding paid guests. Zhu Furong decided to spend the night at a town square sitting in a small garden surrounding the statue of the first ancestor of Sunlight Sect. Many other people also decided to do the same. Till they maintain discipline and don't cause a ruckus, they are allowed to stay anywhere in the town till the sect trial day.

This is the busiest time of the year for Sunlight Sect. All businesses are booming.

About 7am in the morning a loud gong sounded all over the town. It is the signal for the starting of the Sunlight Sect trial.

There are three hills attached in a line to each other located at the east side of the town. It's the location of the Sunlight Sect. Each hill denotes a pavilion and is headed by a Pavilion Master. There are three Elders under each Pavilion Master and under the Elders are Direct Disciples and Inner Disciples.

Behind the line of three hills is a taller hill which is the residence of the Sect Master and Ancestors.

It is said that the Ancestor of the Sunlight Sect is at the late stages of Open Ascension rank and is preparing to ascend to the Upper Realm.

The Sect Master is a genius and is at the early stages of Open Ascension rank.

Detached from these four hills is a small but wide hill located at the southeastern corner of the town. It's the Outer Sect branch. The outer sect consists of one Elder and three Seniors. They are responsible for the teachings of the thousands of the outer sect disciples.

The sect trial for the Sunlight Sect is held in the Outer Sect, so everyone gathered here today after he gong rang out.

The participants formed several lines to receive their participation tokens. Only five thousand tokens are allocated on the first come first serve basis. So one has to be punctual or have deep pockets to buy a spot in the line. Till there are no fights or disturbances, everything is allowed. The sect turns a blind eye to it. After all, having a wealthy background is also a factor in the world of Cultivation and Martial Arts. Same way, having connections also is a factor. Many disciples got in through the backdoor.

Out of the 5000 participants only 500 will be selected as the Outer Disciples. Special cases are not counted in this number of 500. Special cases are those selected as Direct Disciples or Inner Disciples from the queue of the 5000 participants.

Our Zhu Furong is indeed one of these special cases. Elder Wu, Zhu Da's old friend, is an Inner Sect Elder. So this is a chance for Zhu Furong to directly enter the Inner Sect. Though it still depends on his performance in the sect trial.

The first of the three trials started at sharp eight o'clock. The first sect trial is the Body Strength trial.

Children in this world start their Cultivation journey with the Body Preparation rank. To enter the Sunlight Sect one must be at least a Body Preparation rank Cultivator. So the test is to determine the current Cultivation achievement of the participants.

The Body strength trial consists of three stages, Weight Lifting, Grip Strength and Striking Power.

The three Outer Sect Seniors are divided into three sectors overseeing the trials along with some Inner Sect Disciples. To make the trials quick, every sector holds all three of the trials separately.

With a total of nine lines formed the first trial began.

In the Weight Lifting stage people are supposed to lift set weights. The weights are constructed with normal iron. Participants are only allowed to use one hand to lift the weights.

For Body Preparation rank Cultivators it is common to be able to lift 50kg with one hand easily.

Most of the participants in this round lifted in-between 50kg to 75kg. The talented ones lifted up to 110kg.

Zhu Furong stuck with an average record and lifted 60kg.

The second stage of the Body Strength trial ended with average Grip Strength of 80kg, talented ones doing better with 150kg.

The third stage of Striking Power was recorded with a solid boulder engraved with Strength Measuring arrays. The participants have to punch or kick the boulder with their utmost strength which will show the force in a number of kilograms.

For Cultivators, the striking force varies greatly compared to common people. The average striking power of these participants were about 50kg and talented ones reached up to 100kg.

In all these three stages Zhu Furong registered an average record and passed the first trial.

The second trial started in the afternoon after the lunch break. A Battle Royal. The 3988 participants left after the first stage are supposed to fight each other till the opponent surrenders or is incapable of continuing to fight. Killing is prohibited. Also if the referees which are the Inner Disciples of the sect consider someone as unworthy, they have the right to disqualify them.

The Battle Royal lasted till 6pm with about 750 participants left. After two hours of rest and healing the third trail started at 8pm.

Talent Evaluation trial. This trial is used to measure the future potential of the participants and is the most important of the three sect trials.

Somewhere in the hill of Outer Sect is a massive array, constructed just for Talent Evaluation. All one has to do is to sit at set points and meditate to start the trial.

The trial started with the 750 participants distributed into 15 groups. Even though massive, the Talent Evaluation array can only hold 50 participants at a time and that too consumes a huge amount of Spiritual Qi resources. Holding the Talent Evaluation trial as the third trial saves a lot of resources thanks to less participants.

The final 500 Outer Sect Disciples will be selected from this trial. And the outstanding or special ones will also be selected here.

With a buzzing sound the array started and the trial began.

Zhu Furong is in the third group of participants, so he carefully observed the first and second group.

The Talent Evaluation array tests one's will and spirit. It creates numerous illusions to disturb one's soul and mind. People with weak hearts are highly susceptible to this kind of array and may go through Qigong Deviation anytime.

The participants are tested with how long they can last in this array. One should at least last or 5mins to be considered as a pass.

From the first and second group about 20 participants failed to pass the trial. Now it is Zhu Furong's turn. This time too he aimed for an average record. But unfortunately things didn't go as planned.

Sitting in his spot Zhu Furong took several deep breaths and then closed his eyes to meditate. With a buzz sound the array started.

For the first two minutes the array tested Zhu Furong with several common daily nuisances and some fights against hooligans and stuff. As the time passed the things the array presented became more gruesome and ruthless. However these types of things didn't affect Zhu Furong even a tiny bit.

It's around the seven minutes mark that things started to get nasty for Zhu Furong. He was reminded of his past life and all the bitter experiences. Huge beads of sweat started pouring out of his forehead and his breathing became uneven. Even then he somehow managed to calm himself down.

Some of the hidden experts of the Sunlight Sect took notice of this sudden change and were impressed by his capability to calm himself so fast. Zhu Furong was fighting against the array so he didn't know how much time had passed. For an average performance he set the time limit of 10mins for himself. He thought it would be as easy as counting numbers but he didn't expect things to get this serious.

He overestimated himself. He is never like this normally but since he left the Zhu manor, something has changed within him without his notice. He also knows something is not right with him but he doesn't know what it is.

At the 10min mark suddenly a wisp of dark smoke escaped from Zhu Furong's head. It was like a strand of hair flew away in the air so the spectators didn't take any notice of it. But the sudden change in Zhu Furong's expression did catch their attention. His face has twisted with immense rage that the audience couldn't help but be shocked.

'Just what kind of grudge does a 10-year-old have to make such an expression?' Everyone present thought the same thing.

Inside Zhu Furong's mind, it's the scene inside the Spirit Crystal mine of the Ye Clan. The moment Jiu Weici walked in to meet him for the last time. This time Zhu Furong noticed the helpless expression and the sadness etched in the eyes of Jiu Weici and his heart trembled. He turned his head and noticed the mocking smile on the face of Ye Chenfeng and the sneer on the face of Ye Bai, something he missed to notice due to his broken heart that time.

As if struck by some understanding he got filled with rage and for some reason he felt blood thirsty. The rage inside him seemed like wanting to destroy the whole world.

Given his character, Zhu Furong shouldn't be getting this enraged. But something inside him was reacting against his reasons.

In the outside world, Zhu Furong sitting in the array started exuding a subtle killing intent. It's a weak intent so it should be ignored by others as it's quite common to come across such participants during the trial but the problem occurred when Zhu Furong suddenly opened his eyes.

His eyes, the black iris have a hint of redness to it and the white sclera has a hint of blackness. As soon as he opened his eyes the spectators, be it the participants, judges or the hidden experts all felt a tingle of pain in their soul and fear crept on to their spine making their backs wet.

Experts being experts quickly got a hold of themselves and started observing Zhu Furong with a serious look. It only took a few blinks of time but Zhu Furong's eyes have turned back to normal. So the hidden experts were left without any clue.

With a drenched body full of sweat, Zhu Furong silently stood up and left the array. At the 12min mark his trial was over. Even though he shocked the audience there for a second but for the trial result he passed with a bit above average result.

The trial continued as scheduled and everyone dispersed. The final names of the selected disciples will be announced the next day.

In one of the hidden spots...

"What is the name of that kid? Give me his performance records of the sect trail." Someone said.

"Do a background check on him. Let me know everything before the sun rises in the morning." Someone commanded.

"He looks like a commoner. His test results seem average too. But... What was it that we felt back then? Someone of our level felt scared from an ant. Even if it was just for a negligible moment but still..." Someone shook his head.

"It's strange..." Someone commented.

With all this, the sect trials of Sunlight Sect came to an end.

1