CH 30 – Xingzuo Woke Up
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leaving the Outer Sect of Sunlight Sect, Zhu Furong stayed the night as a paying guest in one of the houses at the outer area of the town.

Since many people have left due to their failure in passing the sect trial, Sunlight Town is quite empty compared to the day before.

After having dinner, Zhu Furong sat cross-legged in his private room.

"When did you wake up?" Asked Zhu Furong via divine sense.

"In the morning when you were undergoing the sect trials. I didn't want to disturb you so I kept quiet." A child-like voice answered via divine sense.

It's Zhu Xingzuo who has woken up after almost two years of sleep.

"From when did you become so caring?" Zhu Furong rolled his eyes.

"I have always been caring unlike you, humph!" Zhu Xingzuo grunted.

"Well anyways, thanks for the help before. If not for you, I don't know what would have happened back there during the Talent Evaluation trial." Zhu Furong embarrassingly thanked Zhu Xingzuo.

"Well it's nothing much, just doing my job as the little brother. But if you want you can praise me a little more, I don't mind, hehe." Zhu Xingzuo shamelessly accepted Zhu Furong's gratitude.

"Thank you little brother, thank you very much." Zhu Furong went with the flow as this time Zhu Xingzuo really helped him a lot. It's ok to say that Zhu Xingzuo saved his life.

According to Zhu Xingzuo, Zhu Furong was showing signs of demonization. The black smoke-like substance escaping from Zhu Furong's body was none other than Demon Qi. As we know Demon Qi is formed from the impurities of the world, so it easily affects one's mind and changes their temperament to cruel and wicked. One has to be strong enough to keep their will intact.

"Your physical body is constructed from the remnants of your master Hei Hai's snow demon body. If you take your physical aspect, you are a hundred percent demon. It's your bloodlines that make you different." "It's already amazing that you didn't turn into a wicked low level demon till now, if I am not wrong, the Nirvana Life Seal is protecting your spiritual body and hence keeping it from getting damaged by Demon Qi." Zhu Xingzuo explained.

"But I was still showing the signs of demonization." Zhu Furong showed doubt.

"Didn't you listen to what I just said? Your physical body is a hundred percent demon, it's 'yours', how do you expect the Nirvana Life Seal to discard it? If the Demon Qi was injected as a foreign object into your body, the Nirvana Life Seal would burn it on touch. But since it's your own body that's producing the Demon Qi, even the Nirvana Life Seal is confused. Probably." Zhu Xingzuo shrugged.

"What do you mean by probably?" Zhu Furong raised his brows.

"Probably means probably. I don't know much about the Nirvana Life Seal. You have to ask the Phoenixes about it. Don't ask me." Zhu Xingzuo grunted.

Zhu Furong rolled his eyes.

"By the way, is my problem solved? I won't be demonized again right?" Zhu Furong asked.

"You will and you won't. It depends." Zhu Xingzuo gave a perfunctory answer.

"Explain." Zhu Furong asked while supporting his chin with his left hand and his left elbow resting on his left knee.

"Aren't you sleepy? You look tired. Get some sleep, I will explain tomorrow. I too want to get some sleep." Zhu Xingzuo said while yawning.

Zhu Furong's brows twitched. "Didn't you sleep for two years? You still want to sleep?"

"That and this is different, you won't understand. Get some rest. Goodnight." Saying this Zhu Xingzuo went silent.

"Goodnight." Zhu Furong muttered and went to sleep himself.

Early in the morning Zhu Furong took his leave from the guest house. Entering a small restaurant he ordered breakfast.

The names of the passed participants will be announced at 10am so he has a lot of time.

Zhu Furong ordered two large plates of dumplings and two bowls of soup and started stuffing the dumplings into his mouth one by one at a constant pace. Body practitioners have a huge appetite, so does Zhu Furong.

"... So you are saying your wounds healed in one day? Light wounds or deep wounds?" Zhu Xingzuo asked, confused.

"Deep wounds, deep enough that my bones were visible. At start it gushed out liters of blood whenever I relaxed my muscles but after some hours no matter how I moved the wounds didn't leak blood." Zhu Furong answered while chewing on dumplings.

"So it started way before that. I mean the production of Demon Qi inside your body." "When awake I am constantly monitoring your body and making sure your dantian doesn't condense Qi. But when I woke up yesterday, your middle dantian had a little amount of condensed Demon Qi. It must have accumulated during my sleep of two years." Zhu Xingzuo concluded his guess.

"But I made sure to not absorb any Spiritual Qi since you told me about my Heavenly Innate Body and its capability to automatically and subconsciously absorb Qi from air. I am always extra careful." Zhu Furong put out his doubts.

"Demon Qi is quite cunning and hard to detect. And also, you were human in your past life so you are not familiar with the usage of the middle dantian. It's obvious that you miss it." Zhu Xingzuo explained.

"Hmm... But still don't you think it affects me too much? I always seemed to want to kill someone. My actions on the battlefield and killing some robbers without mercy proves this. Also... During the Talent Evaluation... I almost went berserk with rage, you know. I already let go of the past and decided to only think about it when I have enough strength and capabilities. But back there it was like nothing else matters but only revenge. I wanted to rip Ye Bai apart and drink his blood." Zhu Furong said, somewhat enraged.

"Well, that's how dangerous Demon Qi is. It's as malignant as it could be. Even a speck of it is enough to send a normal person into a frenzy and lose their reasoning." "The only way to counter it is to be strong or to have some sort of protection for your soul and spiritual body like your Nirvana Life Seal." Zhu Xingzuo stated his points.

"I see, now continue from where you left at night. About my demonization." Zhu Furong switched his plate with the full plate and kept devouring the dumplings without any care.

"When I am awake and taking care of you, you won't get demonized as I will always suck the Demon Qi along with the Spiritual Qi for my Cultivation. If by chance I go into hibernation again, then you are on your own. Also Demon Qi gets stimulated by hatred and blood thrust easily, so keeping your emotions in check is also important. But if you don't want to go with all of these things then simply get stronger. Easy!" Zhu Xingzuo suggested.

"Hmm... I will keep that in mind." "By the way when is the chicken getting out of the egg?" Zhu Furong suddenly asked out of nowhere.

"You are chicken! Your whole family is chicken!" Zhu Xingzuo cussed in rage.

"Pfft!" "You are my family too, so you agree you are a chicken?" Zhu Furong asked in an amazed tone.

"You…" Zhu Xingzuo flared with rage.

"Ehem" "No seriously, when will you hatch out of the egg? I thought I will see the real you after you are done with your hibernation or whatever." Zhu Furong asked.

"Siiii... Fooo... Siiii... Fooo..." Zhu Xingzuo took several deep breaths to calm himself down.

"Do you think it's that easy? It took me billions of years to reach this point. The Qi from that Heavenly Tribulation wasn't enough, though it helped me to enter the next stage." Zhu Xingzuo said with irritation.

"What stage?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Hmm... You will know when you see. You will see when you get inside the Pagoda." Zhu Xingzuo answered.

"And when will that be? Just tell me." Zhu Furong frowned.

"In these two years your body has stabilized and tempered quite well. I can see you didn't go easy on your physical training. Good. After the next stage of Body Transformation you will be able to take out and put in the pagoda once without fainting." Zhu Xingzuo concluded.

"Really?" Zhu Furong was overjoyed.

"Yep!" Zhu Xingzuo confirmed.

"Good, good. Haha... Nice." Zhu Furong felt so happy that a huge smile hung on his face.

Just at this moment, an average height, twelve to thirteen year old boy arrived in the restaurant and sat opposite to Zhu Furong on the same table. He has average looks and from his clothes he seems to be from a middle class family. He ordered one medium plate of dumplings and a bowl of soup.

The boy took a look at the smirking Zhu Furong devouring so many dumplings but didn't say anything. He minded his own business until Zhu Furong ordered two more large plates of dumplings.

"Nice appetite brother. What's your name? Ah, by the way my name is Tian Su(simple)." The boy said while cupping his fists in salute with a gentle smile on his face.

"I am Zuo Rong." Zhu Furong answered and chugged a bowl of soup in one go and then burped.

"Waiter, quick." He ordered while wiping his mouth with a handkerchief. He acted just like a normal commoner, an easy going one.

Watching him Tian Su's lips twitched with awkwardness.

Two waiters soon arrived with Zhu Furong and Tian Su's order.

Both the boys started eating.

"I say brother, did you also come here to enter the Sunlight Sect?" Tian Su politely asked.

"Yes." Zhu Furong nonchalantly answered and kept eating.

"Nice. Since we came to know each other how about we take care of each other in the sect? Let's be friends. It's better to have a friend than to be a lonely person don't you think? Or am I crossing my boundary?" Tian Su suggested with an awkward smile.

"Well I love to work alone, but I don't mind having one to two friends. But that depends on if you are trustworthy enough." Zhu Furong answered.

"Quite straightforward aren't you." Tian Su didn't mind Zhu Furong's taunting.

"Well you can see for yourself if I am trustworthy enough or not. So are we friends?" Tian Su put forward his right hand smeared with oil from dumplings to shake hands with Zhu Furong.

Zhu Furong didn't mind and grabbed his hand with his own dirty oiled smeared hand to shake it well. The friendship pact is complete.

Both the boys finished their meals at a lightning speed then took their leave after paying the bills.

It's 8:30am now. After one and an half hours the Sunlight Sect will announce the trial results.

Zhu Furong and Tian Su treaded towards the Outer Sect at a slow pace. From their position it will take about 40 minutes to reach the Outer Sect if they walk at a slow pace.

The two decided to tour the markets and have a chat on their way.

"By the way brother Zuo, what Cultivation rank are you at?" Tian Su asked curiously.

"Meridians Opening stage." Zhu Furong directly answered.

"I see. I am at the Qi Condensation stage brother, you can depend on me." Tian Su patted Zhu Furong's shoulder with a look of, I will take care of you, my junior.

Zhu Furong secretly rolled his eyes and Zhu Xingzuo let out a suppressed laugh. "Thank You brother, please take care of me." Zhu Furong cupped his fist in salute.

"Hehe, I am just kidding. You are not far from me in Cultivation, you will surpass me in no time." Tian Shu rubbed his nose.

"No no brother Tian. If I improve, won't you improve too? You will always stay a step ahead of me. Also you are 14 years old. Qi Condensation stage at 14 years of age... I can only come up with one word to describe you. Genius!" Zhu Furong praised. He wasn't being sarcastic or mocking Tian Su, Tian Su is really a genius to reach Qi Condensation stage at 14 years of age. Average people reach Qi Condensation at 16 years of age!

"Haha, brother Zuo, you overpraised me. Brother Zuo himself is a genius to reach Meridians Opening stage at 10 years old." Tian Su scratched his cheek somewhat embarrassed.

"Haha, then we are both geniuses, aren't we brother Tian. Haha..." Zhu Furong laughed out loud.

Laughing and chatting both reached at one of the three markets of the Sunlight Sect.

There are three markets in the Sunlight Town managed by the three pavilions of the Sunlight Sect separately.

The three pavilions are namely, Martial Arts Pavilion, Beast Pavilion and Artifacts and Array Pavilion.

The market Zhu Furong and Tian Su arrived at is the Beast Pavilion market.

1