CH 32 – Entering The Sunlight Sect (I)
66 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We wasted a lot of time in the market, hope we are not late for the results announcement." Tian Su spoke with worry before entering the Outer Sect gate.

"All the big shots of the sect are supposed to be here today. The three Pavilion Masters and 10 Elders, all will be here. There is a slight chance that the Pavilion Masters may pick a Core Disciple. As far as I know, one of the Pavilion Masters doesn't have a personal disciple. It will be a blessing from the heavens if you can receive one to one teachings from a Pavilion Master, your future achievements will be unlimited." "Even by mistake if I get accepted as a Core Disciple then... I can't even imagine how beautiful my future will become." Tian Su spoke with hopeful eyes while rushing to the designated area.

"Core Disciple? What's that?" Zhu Furong asked while following by side.

"It's a privilege only a chosen few can have. There are ten Elders in the Sunlight Sect and each one of them can have a personal disciple or what is called a 'direct disciple'. Similarly the three Pavilion Masters can also have one personal disciple, in this case they are called 'core disciple'." Tian Su replied.

"What's the difference?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Let me speak, I am not done explaining." Tian Su showed annoyance.

"Er... Sorry. Please go on, Brother Tian, I won't disturb." Zhu Furong apologized.

"Elders have direct disciples and can change them if they are not satisfied with their performance. Pavilion Masters can't do that. Unlike the Elders, they don't have time to nurture another disciple. Well, you know they are genius people to have that position, so every Pavilion Master only takes one disciple in their whole life, they may take another one if the former dies by accident or otherwise." "Also, the position of these core disciples are equal to that of a Sect Elder and among one of them will get the chance to become the future Sect Master. Well, now you know how important the position of a Core Disciple is." "That aside, for now, all ten Elders have a personal disciple. The two Senior Brothers you met at the shop, the ones wearing a yellow hanfu are direct disciples. That's why I was warning you to not make any trouble there, but you went ahead and made an enemy out of that direct disciple from Artifacts and Array Pavilion. Sigh..." Tian Su shook his head.

Zhu Furong rubbed his nose with embarrassment. "Well  what's done can't be undone, I'll take care of it myself, you don't have to worry."

"Rubbish! Why I shouldn't worry? We are friends aren't we? Or only I think that way?" Tian Su spoke angrily.

"Ah, yes yes we are friends, we are friends. When did I say we are not friends? Why are you getting angry at me?" Zhu Furong shook his splayed hands in denial.

"Since we are friends, it is my duty to help a friend in need. Also, I am not a wimp who hides from troubles. So don't hesitate to ask me for help. I will rush to your aid." Tian Su ensured while patting his chest.

"I don't think your help will be needed, but still thanks." Zhu Furong showed sincere gratitude.

"Oh I forgot my friend is a genius. He may surpass me in no time and I may become the one asked for help, hehe." Tian Su joked.

"Hehe, so true." Zhu Furong shamelessly accepted the sarcastic praise while brushing the tip of his nose.

Tian Su almost tripped over, he didn't expect such a shameless reply from Zhu Furong.

Hahaha... Tian Su burst into laughter and soon Zhu Furong followed. Laughing while running both reached at the designated place where the results will be announced.

It's a place similar to the one where the Talent Measuring trial was held. This place was also secluded and there also seems to be an array laid here. But unlike the other one there is only a small circular array here with the capacity of only one person.

"Aren't all the trials over?" Asked Zhu Furong.

"They are. This one is not for trial but something else, you will understand soon." Tian Su didn't explain and pulled Zhu Furong to join one of the lines formed by the gathering of participants. They are all here waiting for the results.

6 minutes later it will be 10am, the time for the results announcement.

Soon all the participants have gathered here, about 600 of them. They all stood in a group of small lines facing a raised wooden platform, supposedly a stage. The small circular array is laid at the front center of the wooden stage.

Fwooosh, Fwooosh, Fwooosh...

With several sounds of cutting through air, few figures dashed into the stage at the blink of an eye. They ran so fast that they seemed to levitate, but too bad that Cultivators could not fly before passing through the Thunder Tribulation of ascension.

When one passes a Thunder Tribulation to ascend to the Upper Realm after breaking past the Open Ascension rank, their body is washed by the hundred percent pure Spiritual Qi present in the thunder. The purity of their body surpasses fifty percent and hence they can break free from the laws of gravity and can fly.

There are unimaginable benefits when one goes through their first Thunder Tribulation which mainly occurs only after breaking past the Open Ascension rank, but great rewards come with great risks, and the risk here is the high probability of death.

Zhu Furong is an irregular case to have summoned the Thunder Tribulation without even going through ascension. In his case he has incurred the wrath of the heavens. He can probably fly now but unfortunately he lacks the medium or the fuel, Qi. Well, it's not the time yet I guess.

Looking at the stage, one can see thirteen figures standing straight in line. Though three figures are standing ahead of the other ten. These three are of course the Pavilion Masters of Sunlight Sect.

Among the ten Elders, nine are male and one is female. Among the Pavilion Masters, two are male and one is female.

Some of the mens are old, some middle aged and two of them look young, one belonging to the Pavilion Masters.

Both the females are charming and beautiful, looking young with smooth white skin and long black hair. A beauty indeed. And also it seems the two women are twin sisters.

In a yellow hanfu, a young man about the age of 19 climbed up to the platform, paid his respect to the elders and masters and went to one of the Elders, they engaged in a short conversation. After that the disciple asked for the permission from the Pavilion Masters and came forward to the front edge of the stage with a sheet of paper.

"I will now announce the names of the participants who are disqualified. There are 598 participants present here and only 506 are selected. The disqualified ones don't need to be discouraged as they can come again next year. But remember, you can only participate in the sect trials a total of three times in your life. So prepare well. Now I will announce the names, please leave the venue as your names are announced." The young man shouted at the peak of his voice and began to recite the names. In about 10mins 92 people left with disappointment.

"Now I will take the names of six people, other than these six, the rest are accepted into the Outer Sect of Sunlight Sect. Congratulations." With a slight smile the young man started reading the names. Tian Su and Zhu Furong are among the six people.

Zhu Furong is surprised but the real surprise is yet to come.

'I thought I did average in the sect trial, then how come I am in  the list of Inner Disciples?' Confused, Zhu Furong thought to himself.

From the side Tian Su poked Zhu Furong with his elbow and showed a mouth full of white teeth and a big thumbs up. He is happy and excited to be selected as an inner disciple. Unlike Zhu Furong who is full of doubts.

After a while the 500 outer disciples paid their respects and left to prepare for their stay at the sect. Only the six selected inner disciples and the sect elders and masters are left along with the lone direct disciple.

The direct disciple moved to a corner and stood silently. The old one among the Pavilion Masters stepped forward.

With a straight back and a dignified look he spoke without any effort. He asked in a quote. "Ages to come, ages to go, who has seen my valour?"

"No one." He answered himself.

"Even among the thousands of people who take part in our sect trials, I am sure more than ninety percent of them don't know who I am, but still they want to learn from me. Hehe." He made a hollow laugh.

"It's quite laughable that they don't even know my name but they think I am great just because I am one of the Pavilion Masters of the Sunlight Sect." "Rubbish!" He sneered.

"What they praise is not me but the Sunlight Sect behind me." "Don't be like me, don't become someone with no name. As a Martial Artist, as a Cultivator, it should be your dream to carve your name in history." "Though I couldn't do it but I want to pass my dream to someone else, that's why I accepted a personal disciple three years ago." "He was a disciple with an unparalleled future, a heavenly genius!"

His tone suddenly became sorrowful. "But unfortunately he passed away a week ago in an accident." He slowly shook his head, hung with sadness.

He raised his head and stared at the six people standing in front from left to right. He shouted in a loud clear voice. "Is there a genius among you?" He asked. "There should be." He answered himself.

"One of you should be able to take his place." He said in a low voice. Almost a murmur.

He sighed softly and relaxed. His straight back humped and now he looked his proper age, old. His demeanor signified his broken heart.

With that old body, it is obvious that this man has reached his peak in Cultivation. There is no hope for any further progress. At such a point, all he wants is to leave his mark, his teachings, but that too seems to be impossible. The disciple he nurtured with so much care and effort died a week ago. If that disciple had become successful in the future and made a name for himself, the name of his master would have automatically spread with his, making a mark in this world. 

Sigh...

After the old man walked back to his position, the young beautiful lady stepped forward.

"Well, now there are two spots open for core disciples. It's your chance to make a fortune." "I am also looking for a successor, hope I can find one among you." The lady smiled beautifully.

"This is a Fortune array." She pointed at the small circular array on the platform.

"You have heard the term 'fortune teller' right? It can peek into the mysteries of heaven and show us a part of your fate. This will help us decide who among you is a heavenly genius. The one with the greatest destiny is the heavenly genius." She smiled brightly.

"Pfft... Peak into the mysteries of heaven. What a joke. She is making it sound like taking a nap. So easy~. But if you try to mess with heaven, heaven won't sit back. Crash! Bang! You will be hit by a bolt of lightning. Hehe." Zhu Xingzuo mocked.

"You are saying this array is fake?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Yes, it's a fake. It's not some Fortune array, it's a Soul Energy Measuring array. It measures the power of a soul. Not everyone is born with the same amount of soul energy. Some have little, some have more. And with time it keeps growing. Though the growth is negligible for  normal humans, for Cultivators, it depends on many factors. For example you with the Nirvana Life Seal. Having a strong soul is quite beneficial for Cultivators." "Not only did you have a high starting point when you were reborn, your soul is also growing at a noticeable rate thanks to the nurture of the Nirvana Life Seal." "So mysterious, this Nirvana Life Seal." Zhu Xingzuo spoke with envy.

"By the way Big Brother, you are fucked up, hehe." Zhu Xingzuo looked forward to seeing Zhu Furong in panic.

"How powerful is my soul now according to you?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Hmm, let's see... You started at the Core Formation rank and now your soul is almost at the middle Revolving Core rank, this all without you doing any Cultivation of Soul. Siiiii... Nirvana Life Seal, oh-my-god." Zhu Xingzuo sounded like drooling.

'I have to capture a Phoenix and ask them about this secret art for sure. I have to get this. I am so damn jealous.' Zhu Xingzuo planned a whole crime plot in his mind.

"This is troublesome. Having the Soul Cultivation rank of a Revolving Core rank Cultivator is not an issue, but the issue is having it at the Physical Cultivation rank of Meridians Opening stage." Zhu Furong doesn't know what to do.

"Peak Foundation Establishment rank." Zhu Xingzuo interrupted.

"Huh?"  Zhu Furong got confused.

"Your battle prowess is equivalent to Foundation Establishment rank thanks to your progress in Body Transformation. So you can say that your Physical Cultivation rank is a pseudo peak Foundation Establishment rank. Hehe." Zhu Xingzuo explained.

Zhu Furong rolled his eyes. "But I can't show that here can I? My idiot Little Brother~." Zhu Furong mocked.

"Oh! Now that I notice it, you have even taken off the weights. Not like you need those anymore." "Well just go and stand on the array, it won't work on you for sure." Zhu Xingzuo sounded totally carefree.

"Because of the Nirvana Life Seal or will you do something?" Zhu Furong asked with doubt.

By now four of the six disciples have already gone through the test. No one stood up to the Pavilion Masters expectations.

Next, Tian Su went up. He stood on the array, the lady Pavilion Master made hand seals and with a soft buzzing sound the array started.

Some white fog started to gather around Tian Su. A soft, translucent, white coloured fog uniformly covered Tian Su's body. From almost transparent to a solid white.

The Pavilion Masters kept staring at the fog for five minutes.

"Sigh! It didn't change colour. This kid too has a good fate and a bright future but it's not enough." The lady shook her head with disappointment. The others seem disappointed too.

"You are the last one, come up." She beckoned.

"Yes." Zhu Furong replied and went up to the stage. He stood in front of the array, hesitant.

"Go on. If the Nirvana Life Seal doesn't work, you still have your little brother." Zhu Xingzuo encouraged.

"Little Brother, my peaceful life depends on you. I really don't want any chaos in my life right now. I don't think I am strong enough to handle it." Saying this Zhu Furong stepped on the array.

With a buzzing sound the array started.

The surrounding people stared at Zhu Furong with eyes full of hope.

0