CH 33 – Entering The Sunlight Sect (II)
59 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the expectant gazes of everyone present, a gentle white fog slowly enveloped Zhu Furong in his body shape, forming a translucent layer just like the other five. Soon the fog became solid white.

Now is the deciding moment. Everyone held their breath for any change to occur in the fog. The change may happen in an instant or may take about a minute or two.

Poof!

Within an instant a change occurred in the layer of fog. It disappeared.

"What?!" All the Elders shouted in unison with shock. They never expected this reaction from the fog.

"What happened?" The old Pavilion Master asked with his brows frowned.

"I am not sure. The array stopped working. Or more like... It finished the checkup." The female Pavilion Master shook her head confused.

"Replenish the Spirit Crystals and check the array for any defects." The female Pavilion Master ordered the Elders behind her..

"Yes." Two middle aged twin men, obviously twin brothers shouted in unison. And then they looked at each other with an angry look.

"What are you doing?" One of the brothers asked the other in a low voice through clenched teeth.

"Er... Sorry, they look the same, so I unintentionally... Hehe..." The other brother scratched his cheek with an embarrassed look and replied in a low voice.

"Humph! I will take care of you later." The first one said and then walked to the array for inspection. "Move aside." He ordered Zhu Furong and then bent down to take a look at the array.

Zhu Furong stood at the side with his hands crossed behind. He looked a bit worried.

"Hehe, two toads want to eat swan meat, so interesting." Zhu Xingzuo suddenly mocked.

Zhu Furong frowned. "What are you talking about?" He asked, confused.

"Didn't you see how those two twin men acted? They were definitely fighting over this pretty woman, it was obvious from their facial expressions." Zhu Xingzuo explained.

"Huh?" Still confused, Zhu Furong turned his head towards the Elders to take a look.

He noticed the other twin brother looking with affectionate eyes towards the twin sister of the Pavilion Master. Though the woman didn't even give a single look at him. While the men standing beside him all have disgusted faces.

Cough! Cough! Zhu Furong suddenly choked, he quickly took out his fake spatial bag and took out a water bottle to wet his throat.

"So what about the array?" Zhu Furong asked.

"You ain't gonna say anything about them?" Zhu Xingzuo asked, dissatisfied with Zhu Furong's lack of reaction.

Zhu Furong rolled his eyes. "Why should I care? What does it have to do with me?"

"You are no fun. Sigh! Such beautiful Elder Sisters..." Zhu Xingzuo muttered.

"Hey..." Zhu Furong doesn't know what to say.

"Well, I think I don't have to take any action. Your Nirvana Life Seal is rejecting any interference from this array. This array won't work on you." Zhu Xingzuo affirmed.

"Isn't that a huge problem? It will only make them suspicious of me." Zhu Furong knit his brows.

"Er... I didn't think about it. You are smart, Big Brother." Zhu Xingzuo praised.

"I am just cautious." "So what now? Can you do something about it?" Zhu Furong asked.

One the side the inspection of the array and replenishment of Spirit Crystals were over.

"Step on the array." The middle aged man ordered Zhu Furong pointing his finger to the array.

Then he turned around. "Hehe, Sister Fan, the array is working perfectly. Please proceed with the test." The man gave a servile smile while rubbing his hands.

"Elder Ma, please add 'Pavilion Master' before my name, it is not good to forget your manners." The female Pavilion Master spoke softly.

"Er... I was just- " Elder Ma instantly lost his smile.

Pavilion Master Fan raised her hand to stop him from speaking any further. "Thank you for checking the array for me. Please go back to your position Elder Ma, we shouldn't waste any more time." Pavilion Master Fan calmly said.

"Yes yes." Without making any fuss, Elder Ma walked back to his spot and stood straight.  He then suddenly leaned towards his brother and whispered. "Your sister-in-law holds her demeanor even when she gets angry, so beautiful. Hah..."

"Aa... Yes." The brother answered in a daze. He was still gazing at Pavilion Master Fan's twin sister in the line of Elders.

Pat! Elder Ma slapped the back of the head of his twin brother. "Look forward you idiot." He advised.

The brother shrunk his neck while stroking the back of his head.

On the other side the array started again. After a while Zhu Furong was covered in a solid white fog. This time the fog lasted two minutes before disappearing.

"Good fate and a bright future. But not something extraordinary, sigh... Not what I am looking for." Fan Xin shook her head.

Zhu Furong went down the platform and stood with others.

The old Pavilion Master sighed with helplessness. He seems to have grown older and is now kinda stooping. He has lost his promising Direct Disciple and now he couldn't even get a replacement. He slowly turned around then with a blur, he disappeared.

"Take care of the rest." Fan Xin ordered before disappearing too.

The young Pavilion Master who didn't utter a single word from start to end, slightly nodded his head to the elders, then he too disappeared.

From the line of elders a middle aged man stepped forward. "Welcome to the Sunlight Sect, one of the top ten sects in the Planet Sengdong."

Yes, the name of this planet is Sengdong.

The Elder continued. "You six are the most promising disciples we got from this batch of sect trials. We expect a lot from you." The Elder swept his gaze on the faces of the six new inner disciples.

None of the six averted the edler's eyes. The elder was satisfied. He nodded.

"That's Elder Wu, Wu Hao(perfect) of the Martial Arts Pavilion isn't he? Are you not going to pass the letter your fourth uncle handed over to you?" Zhu Xingzuo asked.

"A smart and handsome man, with a somewhat tall stature and a long beard reaching his chest. Hmm... He is indeed the Elder Wu Hao, uncle Zhu Da talked about. But no. I will keep the letter with me. I am already an inner disciple and I am not interested in taking anyone else as my master in my whole life. So being his Direct Disciple is also out of question. Then, what do I need a letter of introduction for?" Zhu Furong sternly declared.

"Well, that's true. Compared to Hei Hai and Bian Chao, these people here don't even compare to their toe nails." Zhu Xingzuo mocked.

Zhu Furong rolled his eyes. "Well, everyone has their own capabilities, no one is truly incompetent. You can definitely learn something from someone. Even a beggar can teach you how to hold your hunger." "But yeh, I don't think the Masters here have anything special to teach me." Zhu Furong agreed.

"Zuo Rong!" Suddenly Elder Wu called.

"Yes?" Zhu Furong answered without any delay.

Elder Wu looked at Zhu Furong from top to bottom. He nodded with a satisfied look. "How old are you?" He asked.

Zhu Furong cupped his hands in salute. "Answering to the Elder, I will turn eleven in two months."

"What's your Cultivation rank?" Wu Hao asked.

'Why? What do you want from me? Why me of all? Did I perform too well for my age? I don't think so. Sigh!' Zhu Furong complained in his mind.

"I am at the second level of Meridians Opening stage." Zhu Furong answered.

Some people are shocked while some are impressed after hearing Zhu Furong.

Elder Wu raised one of his brows in question. "I heard you are from a family of commoners, is it true?" He asked.

"Yes Elder. This disciple is from a family of commoners living in Dafan city, the capital of Ming Dynasty." Zhu Furong replied.

'Just what does this man want from me? Don't tell me, uncle sent him information about me or something like that? Oh god, no please, no!' Zhu Furong prayed in his mind.

"Kid, which pavilion will you be entering? Looking at your Cultivation rank at such a young age, you sure are going to enter the Martial Arts Pavilion right? Take me as your Master, I will make sure you reach the heights higher than any other disciple of Sunlight Sect, hehe..." From behind Elder Ma shamelessly offered himself as a Master to take Zhu Furong as his Direct Disciple.

Zhu Furong's lips twitched without knowing how to answer.

"The toad really has sharp eyes. Even though my Big Brother is a man, he is still a swan among men. This toad must have seen through his disguise and wants to gobble him up. Siiii... Such high aspirations." Zhu Xingzuo muttered while making sure Zhu Furong could hear him.

Zhu Furong's body shook. Shiver ran through his spines hearing Zhu Xingzuo. His face turned pale.

He cursed at Zhu Xingzuo with all his might and all his knowledge.

"What are you talking about so suddenly Elder Ma, look at the kid, his face has turned pale from fright. You should know how ugly you are before approaching others. Just saw a talent and want to snatch him on the spot? Huh!" The beautiful twin sister of Pavilion Master Fan, Elder Fan interrupted Elder Ma with a taunt.

Elder Ma made a face as if he had eaten a fly. He wants to say something but can't because the woman in front of him is the woman his twin brother fancies.

Elder Ma(horse) or Ma Li(power) of Martial Arts Pavilion and his twin brother Elder Ma or Ma Hao(power) of the Artifacts and Array Pavilion are the two horsepowers-, I mean are two middle aged, average looking with short height, Elders of the Sunlight Sect. The two of them don't have decent looks, but definitely have high aspirations and why not? They are good in their respective fields after all. They are not some genius but they are not far from it.

Being twin brothers they share similar interests. So to not get in the way of the other, they also follow certain rules.

Here, it is to show respect to the woman their brother likes and to not have any ideas about the woman their brother likes.

Elder Ma Li likes Pavilion Master Fan Xin(joyous), who is a genius in the field of Cultivation. And Elder Ma Hao likes the Elder of Beast Pavilion, and twin sister of Fan Xin, Fan Min(clever). Though the two sisters know that the twin brothers fancies them they don't even put grass in front of them. Moreover, unlike her calm and dignified sister, Fan Min on the other hand doesn't hold back in showing her disgust for these men.

"Ah, Sister Fan-" Ma Wei stepped forward to save the face of his twin brother Ma Li but received an intense glare from Fan Min as soon as he called her.

"Ehem! I am El-Elder Fan, why are you so rude to my brother? Even if he looks ugly, it has nothing to do with accepting a Direct Disciple right?" He questioned, somewhat scared.

Pfft!... Some suppressed laughs, escaped among the other elders. The six inner disciples and the one direct disciple didn't dare to make any noise though.

Elder Ma Li is quite a rigorous and active man but his brother Ma Wei is kinda foolish. It's always amusing for the other elders to see him perform.

Fan Min's face turned awkward. She doesn't know how to answer this foolish man. Without saying anything she just turned her head away and stood silently at her place with her arms crossing in front.

"Ahem!" Looking at this weird situation, Elder Wu Hao interrupted. "I say, the kid has just entered the sect. Also, there are other talented disciples among the newcomers, why in such a hurry?"

He pointed towards Tian Su. "That kid Tian Su over there is also a decent talent. And the kid next to him is even better, he has a special physique. We are lucky to have such talents in our sect. Rather than fighting among yourselves, look for a way to win their favor. You can definitely have them as your direct disciples can't you?" Wu Hao suggested.

"Indeed. Elder Wu's words are quite enlightening." One of the elders agreed.

"The kid has achieved such results with just his background of a commoner, we can definitely nurture him into a heavenly genius with the resources of our sect." Someone else suggested.

The others nodded with agreement.

"Er… Elder Fan…" Ma Wei called meekly for attention.

"Humph!" Fan Min puckered and twisted her nose and didn't even look at him.

The other elders all made a face filled with contempt.

"That's all, you kids go to the registration hall and register for your intended pavilions. You only have today to take care of any personal matters, from tomorrow on you all will be under a training period of 15 days. Make sure to get adjusted to the sect in these 15 days. Also, you will get one more chance to switch pavilions at the end of these 15days. So consider wisely. Your future depends on your selection. Make sure to check the rules and regulations of the sect during registration and memorize them with heart. Discipline matters above all in our sect." "Now, dismiss!" Elder Wu ordered.

After the speech or whatever this was, the six new inner disciples rushed to the registration hall to get registered. Zhu Furong and Tian Su both registered at the Martial Arts Pavilion along with two others. The other two selected the Beast Pavilion and Array and Artifacts Pavilion respectively.

Afterwards, four of the boys went out of the sect to bid farewell to their relatives while Zhu Furong and Tian Su went to the residential area.

0