CH 34 – Just Another Day
55 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: 

• 'Culivation Pavilion' of Sunlight Sect has been changed to 'Martial Arts Pavilion'. So the three pavilions are, Martial Arts Pavilion, Beast Pavilion and Artifacts and Array Pavilion.

Cultivation chart, have some changes in the notes, please take a look.

*****


There is a strict hierarchy among the disciples of Sunlight Sect. They follow a certain ranking system. The support a disciple can receive from the sect highly depends on their rankings, there are many benefits of having a better rank. The ranking is decided with individual battles and group competitions held within the sect.

Also, there are two types of ranking systems which are followed by most sects present in planet Shengdong. Intra-sect rankings and inter-sect rankings.

An individual of a sect can hold two ranks at a time. Though intra-sect rankings keep changing without any prior notice as there is always competition ongoing within sect disciples, inter-sect rankings only change once in three years. A single event is organized by all the sects present in planet Shengdong. The sect rankings are also decided in this inter-sect competition.

The last inter-sect competition was held a year ago and Sunlight Sect ranked number four among the ten first grade sects present in planet Shengdong.

There are 4 continents present on the planet Shengdong. Bayang, Maoyun, Kunshe and Tuanjie, having 52, 46, 28, 39 million square kilometers of area respectively.

Bayang and Maoyun being the largest among the four continents have 2 dynasties and 14 kingdoms each, while Kunshe has 1 empire and 6 kingdoms, Tuanjie has 8 kingdoms.

The Ming Dynasty is located in the Bayang continent along with the Wen Dynasty.

The Bayang and Tuanjie continents have 3 first grade sects each while Maoyun and Kunshe continents have 2 first grade sects each. The number of second and third grade sects keep changing often so it's hard to track the count of. After all a strongest fist rules, so it isn't uncommon for some sects to perish under one night.

Now back to the Sunlight Sect...

Sunlight Sect disciples have different dress codes according to their positions in the sect. The outer sect disciples wear cyan coloured hanfu, inner sect disciples wear white colour hanfu and direct disciples of the elders wear yellow hanfu. As for the core disciples of the pavilion masters, they wear whatever they are comfortable with. For them, Cultivation matters first, other things like worldly desires, they let go of it.

At the foot of each hill in the Sunlight Sect resides the servants or staff members of the sect. Above them starts the residential areas for the disciples according to their rankings with the most prominent figure in the hill, obviously the pavilion master, residing at the top of the hill.

The hills of the Sunlight Sect are laid with arrays such that the density of the Spiritual Qi rises from bottom to the top. So the higher your residence is located in the hill, the better Cultivation environment you get.

...

Early in the morning after the day of the trail results announcement, somewhere near the bottom of the Martial Arts Pavilion hill, Zhu Furong stretched his arms high in the air while yawning. He just stepped out of his small, one-room private residence wearing a neat and clean white hanfu with white belt. The uniform for the inner sect disciples. A green, jade token is hanging from his waist with the initials of Sunlight Sect. His long, black hair which reaches to his chest is tied beautifully with a white scarf. The crimson scarf gifted by the princess is kept in a Space Ring inside the Nine-Layers Pagoda from the time he joined the battlefield in the western fort. He kept it inside to not get it dirty or torn apart and since hasn't taken it out.

He also has stopped wearing weights on his body. According to Zhu Xingzuo, wearing weights won't be any more beneficial to him, on the contrary it may hinder the growth of his bones. It's time for Zhu Furong to prepare for the next stage of Body Transformation technique.

Though he is in disguise of a somewhat average looking country bumpkin, with his current attire he looks like someone from a well established family. Clothes really make a man.

"Morning Brother Zuo." Suddenly Zhu Furong heard Tian Su's voice arriving from the side.

He cupped his hands in salute. "Good morning Brother Tian."

Tian Su came closer to Zhu Furong and patted his shoulder. "Let's go to the classes together." He said while smiling.

"Of course, let's go." Zhu Furong gestured to be in motion.

The two walked upwards the hill to attend their first class in Sunlight Sect.

The classes started quite normally, explaining the benefits of Cultivation and how to approach it. Later the teachers went more into depth according to the levels of the disciples.

Everything went well during the 15 days trial period of the sect and the 6 new inner sect disciples got to stick to their respective pavilion choices.

Though Zhu Furong and Tian Su were favored by the teachers and instructors of the Martial Arts Pavilion due to their good Cultivation at such a young age, the two boys didn't let the praises get to their head. They both kept a humble profile and tried their best to maintain a good relationship with their fellow disciples. Though some people love to create troubles for others. It cannot be helped.

Both Zhu Furong and Tian Su were challenged for 'friendly' duels by some seniors many times. Though both Zhu Furong and Tian Su were beaten every time and left with black and blue faces, they didn't feel discouraged. They both expected such events to occur in the sect. It's quite common. They just have to bid for their time to take revenge. For now, just use these incidents to train themselves. Getting stronger is more important.

Though someone was not satisfied with these events. Zhu Furong. Though people in the sect know him as a Cultivator at Meridians Opening stage, Zhu Furong's fighting prowess is at Foundation Establishment rank. He can easily deal with early stage Foundation Establishment rank Cultivators, will have some advantages against a mid stage Foundation Establishment rank and can somewhat hold his ground against the peak Foundation Establishment rank.

Due to sect rules only Qi Condensation stage disciples can challenge Zhu Furong, which is of no help to Zhu Furong's development. Poor Zhu Furong, can only act weak and take the beatings, go back to his room and strengthen his body by soaking it in Zhu Xingzuo's Chaos Qi. His progress has somewhat halted.

Sitting in his room, he sighed helplessly.

"Well the sect tasks are only available from Foundation Establishment rank, it cannot be helped. Getting into this sect was a big mistake." Zhu Xingzuo lamented.

"So true. But how would I know something like this would happen? Sigh." Zhu Furong shook his head.

"Why not accept one of the elders as your master? Even if it's just in name, you can enjoy some special privileges can't you?" Zhu Xingzuo suggested.

Zhu Furong stared with big eyes at his lower dantian with an angry look and humphed. "Never happening." He jeered.

"But I didn't even say anything." From outside the door, Tian Su's voice sounded.

Surprised, Zhu Furong rushed to the door and opened it. Tian Su is standing outside scratching his head with confusion.

"What are you doing here at this time?" Zhu Furong asked.

"I was just bored." Tian Su spoke nonchalantly.

"Brother Zuo, let's go to the market. Help me get some herbs. Let me borrow some money. Don't worry I will definitely pay it back. Hehe." Tian Su asked with some embarrassment.

"What herbs? Are they so expensive that you need to borrow money from me?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Er... They are not that expensive but I have to buy a huge amount, so..." Tian Su awkwardly said.

"Ok let's go." Zhu Furong couldn't help but agree looking at his embarrassed friend.

"Really?" Tian Su asked excitedly.

"Well, I also need some herbs myself, just don't forget to pay me back ok?" Zhu Furong reminded.

"Definitely, definitely. Don't worry Brother Zho, I never go back on my promises. I will definitely pay you back." Tian Su shook Zhu Furong's hand.

They both marched towards the markets.

Finding good Pill Refiners in the Lower Realm is quite challenging, so Zhu Furong is quite curious about what Tian Su will do with the herbs.

On their way to one of the three markets in Sunlight Town, Zhu Furong asked. "Brother Tian, if you don't mind me asking, what are you gonna do with the herbs?"

"Hehe, there is nothing to hide from you brother, your Big Brother here is about to step in the Foundation Establishment rank. As you know, the better the foundation you have, the better the future you have." "So, I am going to buy herbs for two pills, the Expansion Pill and the Solidification Pill." Tian Su made a wise expression.

Making a somewhat disgruntled face, Zhu Furong inquired. "Leaving the 'Big Brother' part aside, what are these two pills for?"

Looking at Zhu Furong's face, Tian Su brushed his nose with embarrassment. "These two pills are usually used at the end of Qi Condensation stage, just before starting to construct your foundation." He explained. "The Expansion Pill and Solidification pill are rank 2 pills taken together at the same time. The former helps in the expansion of one's dantian, increasing its capacity while the latter helps in reinforcing the dantian walls making it sturdier." "Both are very essential and important pills for anyone aspiring to become a successful Cultivator." Tian Su said with a serious face.

"I see." Zhu Furong agreed.

"Hey! Why didn't you tell me there are such great things?" Zhu Furong asked Zhu Xingzuo.

"First, you are far away from establishing your foundation. Second, the pills won't be necessary since the Body Preparation technique you are practicing will take care of your dantian way better than using some measly pills." "If things go well, you can expect some great surprises." Zhu Xingzuo replied.

"Oh." Zhu Furong didn't ask any further.

The two boys reached the Martial Arts Pavilion market and started shopping. There is no specific shop for herbs, since most of the herbs go directly to the Medicine Hall of the Sunlight Sect, you can only find some herbs here and there spread all over the market by people looking to make profit.

Zhu Furong and Tian Su swept all three markets looking for what they needed. Tian Su got the required herbs for the two pills, while Zhu Furong collected some for the Body Preparation technique. Now Zhu Furong has zero penny in his pocket. He has totally become a poor beggar.

On their way back. "We got the herbs, but you still need to concoct them into pills don't you?" Zhu Furong asked Tian Su.

"Ah you don't have to worry about it. I will seek the Medicine Hall of our sect. I have heard there is a Rank 2 Pill Concocter in our sect, it's unbelievable." Tian Su said with bright and excited eyes.

Zhu Furong rolled his eyes. He thought in his mind. 'I am also a Rank 2 Pill Concocter, what's so great about it? Look at your eyes, It seems like you will start prostrating if that Rank 2 Pill Concocter appears in front of you now.'

Tian Su may indeed do it.

Just like doctors are seen as gods in our modern times, Pill Concocters are seen as gods too. Their refined pills can save lives and also take lives. There can only be three ranks of Pill Concocters be found in the lower realms. You may find Rank 1 Pill Concocters if you have enough money to pay them but Rank 2 Pill Concocters are rare and you will need to win their favor, as for the Rank 3 Pill Concocters... Forget it, who has seen gods? You can only worship them.

"You sure, they will concoct a pill for you? I mean, it hasn't even been two months since we got into the sect." Zhu Furong asked doubtfully.

Tian Su suddenly got closer to Zhu Furong while walking. He brought his mouth to Zhu Furong's ear while securing the sides with his hands. He whispered. "A secret Brother Zuo, don't tell anyone ok?" Tian Su sounded all mysterious.

Curious with his sudden act, Zhu Furong shook his head vigorously.

Tian Su got the cue. He continued to whisper. "One of my elder cousins is the direct disciple of the Outer Sect Elder. It's her who is going to get the pills concocted for me." Saying this he pulled his face back and made a mighty proud look with his chest raised.

'Witness your Brother Tian Su's might.' Probably this is what Tian Su is thinking.

More like his elder cousin's might.

Zhu Furong ignored his haughty acting and walked towards the Martial Arts Pavilion hill with fast pacing.

"Hey..." Tian Su rushed to keep up with Zhu Furong.

"Why in such a rush?" Tian Su asked with brows frowned.

"Oh!" He made a face as if realized something.

He suddenly struck Zhu Furong's shoulder with his.

"Are you jealous? Hehe, jealous of my connections?" Tian Su kept poking Zhu Furong's shoulder.

Zhu Furong shook his head and increased his pace.

"Hehe, don't be disheartened. I will ask my cousin to help you with your pills too. Pass me the herbs and I will give it to her. Hehe, after all you helped me pay for my herbs, just take this as me paying a small part of the favor back." He shamelessly bargained.

"By the way, my cousin is quite beautiful, if you want I can... Hehe..." He shamelessly tried to sell his cousin just for a few notes.

Zhu Furong suddenly tripped on a small pebble which is impossible to trip on. He turned back and looked at Tian Su with a face full of seriousness.

Tian Su cheerfully walked to Zhu Furong and put his hand on his shoulder.

Still with a serious face, Zhu Furong asked. "Are you serious?"

Tian Su's smile suddenly vanished, replaced by a serious face too. "No." He shook his head.

"Good." Zhu Furong nodded. "Now let's go back to the pavilion and better not speak any more shit." "Or I will smash your head." Zhu Furong shouted the last line spitting all over Tian Su's face.

He walked off.

Tian Su stood at his place, stunned. "Huh, look at the kid, getting all embarrassed, hehe." He muttered.

"Ah wait Brother Zhu, wait for me." Few seconds later he rushed behind Zhu Furong.

"Don't follow me or I will charge you interest on the money I paid for you today." Zhu Furong threatened without turning back.

"Hehe, nice joke Brother." Tian Su smirked while following.

"Joke my ass! Don't follow me." Zhu Furong suddenly vanished in front of Tian Su.

It was past evening now and night was about to fall. It is quite dark for Tian Su to realize what happened.

"Ah, where did you go? Where did you hide, ah." Tian Su panicked.

It was quite late when Tian Su returned after playing hide and seek with the non-existent Zhu Furong, while Zhu Furong was resting in his room.

0