CH 42 – Unknown Ruins
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cultivation Chart has been updated.


After gaining his rights to step out of the Sunlight Sect, Zhu Furong used his days well, going around the nearby towns and villages. With his disguise in black robe, he looted a lot of unfortunate people. This time Zhu Furong didn't share his wealth with anyone, no more playing Robinhood. He used whatever money he acquired to buy materials for alchemy.

"500 milliliters of Pure Morning Dew, 200 grams of diced Flame Ganoderma, 10 drops of Green Ginseng liquid, 100 grams of powdered Rock Berry, 2 drops of Plivia Flower poison and 50 grams of crushed High Grade Spirit Crystal." "Put the materials inside the furnace in the respective order with intervals of 2 minutes between each material and at last, boil the materials till a thick liquid with sharp, pungent smell is formed." Zhu Furong murmured the names of the materials and the process of refining the 'Burn and Churn Medicinal Liquid' required for the Viscera and Bowels Training stage.

Zhu Furong is perspiring heavily, sitting in front of a hot Alchemy Furnace inside his room. He is controlling the temperature of the fire with his Divine Sense. This process requires high concentration and precision and he cannot be disturbed.

After 30 minutes a pungent smell escaped the lid of the furnace, it should be the sign of success but unfortunately it isn't. Along with the smell, a thin black line of smoke also escaped the furnace.

"Sigh!" Zhu Furong shook his head with disappointment.

"Another failure." Zhu Furong held his forehead with a grimace. "This is the 4th time already. It's 12 Large Gold Coins worth of materials, all wasted. What answers will I give to the merchants I looted in Shila Town? Damn it!" He couldn't help but cuss, he could feel his heart bleeding from the loss of such a huge amount of money.

"Is it really not possible to refine this Medicinal Liquid with normal fire?" Zhu Furong scratched his head with his hands in frustration.

"I told you it's a rank 4 Medicinal Liquid, you will need a special type of fire to refine it." Zhu Xingzuo yawned.

"Hah, where can I find a special type of fire in this lower realm? The best fire that can be found here should be of grade 2, probably the Earth Flame, but if I am not wrong, all the discovered Earth Flames should have been already acquired by the different Pill Refiners all over the planet. And I don't think any of them would be happy to share it." "Surprisingly the Medicine Hall of the Sunlight Sect also has an Earth Flame, but as expected, the Head of the Medicine Hall, the rank 2 Alchemist, guards the fire as if it's his wife. There's no way he will let me borrow it." Zhu Furong grumbled.

"Well, then the only way left is for you to look for the fire yourself." Zhu Xingzuo replied.

"You think I don't know that? But where should I start looking? No one would be fool enough to share the location of treasures will they?" Zhu Furong complained.

Zhu Furong looked at the materials arranged on the floor beside him. "Only 2 batches are left. If I even fail these two, then I have to play Robinhood again. Sigh!..." Zhu Furong shook his head. He cleaned up the room and went to the Mission Hall.

...

It's late in the morning, the Mission Hall shouldn't be bustling so much as it is right now. This scene is usually seen in the early morning.

Puzzled, Zhu Furong entered the hall.

A crowd is gathered in front of the Quest Board where papers with different tasks written on them are pasted to be taken by the disciples.

"Only one spot is left. As I said, I will only take someone at peak Foundation Establishment rank, the rest of you can scram." An average height young man, with a somewhat wicked looking face shouted.

The man is standing in a leading position wearing a yellow hanfu, with a young man standing beside him wearing white hanfu acting as the leader's subordinate.

The man in yellow hanfu is none other than the Second Prince of Xidi Kingdom, Xidi Junjie. Direct Disciple of Elder Chang Shun(great) of the Martial Arts Pavilion. Acting as his subordinate is the inner disciple of the Sunlight Sect, Lin Kai. The man who had engaged in a squabble with Hao Bo before.

The relationship between Zhu Furong and Xidi Junjie is not that good. They had an argument inside a restaurant before in the Martial Arts Pavilion Market over something trivial. Being a prince, Xidi Junjie has quite a high self-esteem and looks down on other people, especially people from lower classes.

Zhu Furong and Xidi Junjie almost got into a scuffle when Xidi Junjie mocked Tian Su for being poor and almost poured a hot bowl of soup on Tian Su's head.

The fight didn't occur thanks to Tian Su stopping Zhu Furong, but things stayed sour between them and Xidi Junjie.

In the Mission Hall...

Lin Kai noticed Zhu Furong and jeered. "The poor bastard has arrived to join us. Huh."

Zhu Furong frowned with displeasure hearing Lin Kai, but he didn't say anything. 

Tian Su was also present here, silently standing at a side away from the crowd. Zhu Furong walked there to meet his friend.

"Ah, Brother you arrived at the right time. I was about to go and look for you if you didn't come here on your own, hehe." Tian Su stepped forward with a smile.

"What is this about? What is going on?" Zhu Furong asked with confusion.

"Hehe, Tian Su put his hand across Zhu Furong's shoulder. "Listen Brother, a group of disciples, found an unknown ruin somewhere in the Forest of Gehna, so we are arranging a party to explore the ruins." "Also, you are already included in the party thanks to this generous brother of yours." Tina Su puffed and patted his chest.

"Thanks, but what can we expect from this unknown ruin? Are there treasures inside?" Zhu Furong asked with shining eyes.

"Er..." Tian Su scratched his cheeks. "There are possibilities." He answered, somewhat unsure.

"Why do you look so unsure? What kind of ruin is this? Ruins left by Cultivators always hold some treasures don't they?" Zhu Furong questioned.

Tian Su suddenly pulled Zhu Furong closer and whispered in a soft voice. "The thing is, a few of the Elders have already visited the ruins, so they should have hundred percent taken away all the good stuff. We can only count our luck on hidden spots."

Zhu Furong whispered in shock. "What? Then why are we going there? Isn't it just a waste of our time?"

"Well... Not that much. There is still some experience to gain from this isn't there? Also the ruins are filled with spiritual beasts, so you can expect a good harvest. If by chance you hit your luck and find some hidden treasure, then, hehe..." Tian Su fantasized while drooling.

Zhu Furong rolled his eyes.

"By the way, is that Xidi Junjie also coming with us? His lackey was quite rude a moment ago. Last time I let them go, but if they don't get their act together, then..." Zhu Furong gnashed his teeth in hate.

"Ah Brother calm down, why is your temper so low? It's true that Xidi Junjie is a scum, but his Cultivation rank is at the Core Formation rank. Also, he formed a golden core. It's unwise to start a fight with him at our current Cultivation rank you know?" Tian Su begged Zhu Furong to hold his horses.

Zhu Furong let out a breath and didn't speak.

On the other side people started to move. Seems like everyone is ready to move. The last member of the party has been selected.

"Let's go, Sister Chu should be waiting for us at the sect gate. We will group with the Outer Sect disciples there then leave for the ruins together, follow me." Xidi Junjie ordered with a loud shout and led the way.

Counting Zhu Furong and Tian Su, a group of eleven people marched towards the sect gate.

Climbing down the hill, they reached the sect gate and gathered with the outer sect disciples waiting there. Inner sect disciples and outer sect disciples stood in two separate groups.

"Zuo Rong! Step out." Xidi Junjie shouted.

Zhu Furong looked at Tian Su with inquiry, but Tian Su just shrugged his shoulders.

Without making any fuss, Zhu Furong walked out of the group of Inner Disciples.

"Go stand with the group of Outer Sect disciples." Xidi Junjie ordered.

"Why?" Zhu Furong asked with displeasure. He really doesn't like this haughty guy.

"Don't you know? Humph!" "The woman there wants you to join us. I didn't agree so she opened a spot for you in the outer sect disciples group." Xidi Junjie pointed at the lady standing in front of the outer sect disciples group.

The lady is none other than Tian Su's cousin sister, Tian Lei(flower bud). She is also the Direct Disciple of the only Outer Sect Elder, Elder Shen Zan(support).

Tian Lei has medium brown skin, with a chiseled face. She is wearing a yellow hanfu as the dress code for direct disciples of the sunlight sect. She is carrying a sword at her waist.

Zhu Furong has already heard about Tian Lei from Tian Su. According to Tian Su, Tian Lei is also a talented genius who caught the eye of the outer sect Elder just after entering the sect and got accepted as his personal disciple. She is two years older than Tian Su, so she should be 19 years old now, the same age as the beauty standing beside her, Chu Dongmei. Seems like being of the same age, the two women get along quite well. Both of the women are at the Core Formation rank right now. Tian Lei has also formed a golden core. As for Chu Dongmei, it's not disclosed what type of core she has formed.

When Zhu Furong looked at Tian Lei after Xidi Junjie's order, Tian Lei slightly nodded with a smile.

Zhu Furong slightly nodded back, then quietly joined the outer sect group.

Xidi Junjie made a disgruntled look but didn't say anything.

Now the group is ready to march for the unknown ruins. The three Core Formation rank Cultivators led the way, dashing through the plains with the group of disciplines following behind.

The total group consists of twenty one disciples. One Core Disciple, Two Direct Disciples acting as the leaders of the two separate sub-groups, 6 inner and 6 outer sect disciples at peak Foundation Establishment rank, 3 inner and 1 outer sect disciples at the mid Foundation Establishment rank and at last, 2 outer sect disciples at early Foundation Establishment rank.

It took the group about 4 hours to reach the location of the unknown ruins. Outside the ruins another group of disciples are waiting, the people of this group are all wearing purple hanfu.

These disciples are from the 2nd grade Purple Bamboo Sect, located nearby. They are somewhat of an ally to the Sunlight Sect. Sometimes the disciples of the two sects work together.

There are three grades of sects in the planet Shengdong. Grade one being the best and grade three being the lowest. There are 10 grade one sects and among them Sunlight Sect places 4th.

All the disciples converged at the entrance of the ruins. The ruins seem to be inside a cave, the mouth of the cave is well hidden behind some densely packed bushes and vines.

Everything has been decided beforehand. Xidi Junjie will work as the main leader of the whole group consisting of 19 disciples of Sunlight Sect and 10 disciples of Purple Bamboo Sect.

Chu Dongmei is free to act on her own.

"We will take a short rest and have our lunch, after that the inner sect disciples of Sunlight Sect will divide into two small groups of 4 people each. Same for the outer sect disciples. As for the Purple Bamboo Sect disciples, you guys will form two small groups of 5 people each." Xidi Junjie ordered. "Lin Kai from the inner sect and Tian Lei from the outer sect, will join me to form a small group of three people." He further added. "Tian Lei, you can pick one disciple from the outer sect group to join us." At last he turned to Chu Dongmei standing beside Tian Lei. "As for Sister Chu, you can join us or work alone, as you see fit." He spoke with a gentle smile, which didn't look gentle at all because of his wicked facial features.

After finishing their meals everyone gathered, divided in small groups as told.

"Last few instructions before we enter." Xidi Junjie shouted.

"Inside the ruins you are at your own risk. If you find it too troublesome then run out. Your life is more important." "No fight is allowed among yourselves, if it's found out, then you will be punished accordingly." "Whatever the inner sect disciples find inside the ruins will be handed over to me, for outer sect disciples it should be handed over to Tian Lei." Xidi Junjie swept his gaze at the Purple Bamboo Sect disciples. "You guys will be submitting your find to Sister Chu Dongmei." He spoke in a somewhat threatening tone.

He then shouted again. "You all will be compensated according to your contribution by the Sect Elders, so do your best." "Let's go." He commanded dashing inside the cave. Lin Kai instantly followed.

Tian Lei looked at Chu Dongmei, Chu Dongmei slightly nodded and both sisters dashed inside joined by another man.

The rest of the groups entered one by one.

0