CH 48 – Run
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Along with the Burn and Churn Liquid, Zhu Furong also concocted six rank 3 Flowing Qi pills, among which one is the best quality, one is high quality and the rest four are of medium quality.

In this lower realm, a medium quality pill is already quite rare to concoct, let alone the high and best quality.

Zhu Furong stored the four medium quality pills to pass it to Fan Xin. While he dropped the two remaining pills in the Burn and Churn Liquid which is resting in a big bowl of about 10 inches in diameter.

Zhu Furong also concocted a few Silver Gall pills and Red Cicada pills, which are both good for organ tempering. These are the same pills Zhu Furong used during the Organ Tempering stage of the Body Preparation rank. Being rank 1 and rank 2 pills respectively, all the 14 pills Zhu Furong concocted came out as high or best quality. Truly marvelous.

He didn't keep any of these and put them all inside the Burn and Churn Liquid. Though it is overdoing it, there is nothing Zhu Furong has to worry about as according to Zhu Xingzuo, even if he gobbles up a mountain of pills, even if there won't be any benefits, there won't be any harm as well, thanks to his Heavenly Innate Body.

Zhu Furong put the Alchemy Furnace and materials away before slowly chugging down the entire bowl of Burn and Churn Liquid.

Just like its name, as soon as the liquid entered Zhu Furong's mouth it started to burn its way down to the stomach. Though the liquid didn't burn like a fire would, it definitely gave the same feeling. The liquid is quite dense but surprisingly easy to swallow.

It's like he is drinking mercury mixed with Carolina Reaper. It feels heavy and hot at the same time. It doesn't feel like something which can be digested. Just thinking about excreting something like this gave Zhu Furong chills and made him clench his butt. He started to perspire profusely.

The just dried clothes got drenched again.

"Concentrate." Zhu Xingzuo called out.

Zhu Furong slightly nodded with extreme uncomfort and unbearable pain in his abdomen. But knowing that the moment is important, he gritted his teeth and closed his eyes. He sat straight in the lotus position.

Zhu Xingzuo slowly covered the Burn and Churn Liquid with Chaos Qi and distributed it equally among the five viscera and six bowels.

The liquid instantly hit the flesh walls of the organs and started to be absorbed by it slowly. And with each passing moment, Zhu Furong suffered from burning and churning pain.

"Aaargh god! I have eaten something bad, please help me..." Zhu Furong cried for help, but maintained his lotus posture.

His face contorted so much in pain that his disguised skin which never budged even during the duels in the sect started to peel off now. He almost stood up to shout his throat out.

"You will go through even more painful experiences in the future. If you can't even handle this much pain then just give up on your dream of transcending the heavens." Zhu Xingzuo snorted.

"I give up my ass, you can have it." "Oh god it hurts so bad, arrrghhh." Zhu Furong yelled aloud.

"Ewww... Who wants your smelly ass? You can keep it to yourself." Zhu Xingzuo sounded disgusted.

"You fucking stupid egg! I will shove you up my arse." Zhu Furong started yelling nonsense, lost in extreme pain. It is like all his organs have been turned into mush by someone's grabbing and squeezing.

"Big ass you have there Big Brother. Big, big. Hehe." Zhu Xingzuo mocked.

This time Zhu Furong didn't answer back. He just hung his head, biting his teeth, doing his best to not faint.

This excruciating pain went on for a few hours before...

"Blarghhh!..." The front of the white uniform of the Sunlight Sect got drenched in a sticky gray liquid which smells of digestive juices. 

After going through the Body Cleansing stage at the age of nine and acquiring the Heavenly Innate Body, even though Zhu Furong doesn't Cultivate Qi, his unique physique still forbids the accumulation of impurities.

The liquid he puked out is none other than the excess Burn and Churn Liquid mixed with his digestive juices. There are no added impurities in it. But it's still quite disgusting.

Zhu Furong doesn't have the strength to clean it off, he is too tired right now. Not as much physically as he is tired mentally.

He just laid flat on the floor and started snoring.

"Fuck! So disgusting. Glad I am inside the Nine-Layers Pagoda, else I would have suffered." Zhu Xingzuo murmured.

Zhu Furong has used this whole day to concoct pills and the medicinal liquid. Consuming them and Cultivating. It's night time outside, and Zhu Furong is sleeping tight without knowing about the danger waiting for him outside.

...

It was around 8 o'clock in the morning when Zhu Furong woke up from his deep slumber. Inside the pitch black cave, Zhu Furong took off all his clothes, downed a few barrels of water which he seems to carry along for situations like these, and wore fresh clothes. After that he climbed up the pit, undid the array and got out of he hole.

He is in a jolly mood after successfully achieving the Viscera and Bowels Training stage. Though there is no rise in his strength, his body has definitely gone through a massive change. He has gotten one step closer to the perfect vessel, envisioned by his Masters.

With steady steps he walked towards the exit of the Unknown Ruins, but as soon he reached somewhat close to the mouth of the cave, he heard some voices.

With a quick reflex, Zhu Furong turned around and ran back to the hole with utmost speed. He slipped through the hole dropping the array plate and starting the array in mere seconds with extreme dexterity.

If he was even a second late, disaster may have befallen him.

Few milliseconds after the array was completely activated, An orange shadow flew inside this side tunnel with extreme agility.

That was close. Extremely close for Zhu Furong to be caught red handed.

A fair and young man stood with frowning eyebrows staring at the limestone wall in front of him. He swept his hand across the wall inspecting it with doubt.

The man has smart characteristics, with a thin sword hanging on his left waist.

"Master?" A young voice sounded from behind, revealing another young man in yellow hanfu.

This young man has quite a wicked face and evil reflects on it. This young man is none other than Xidi Junjie. And the Master he is talking to is none other than Elder Chang Shun of the Martial Arts Pavilion.

Just like the twin sisters Fan Xin and Fan Min, Chang Shun is also considered a martial arts prodigy. He is a young man, who looks in his twenties and reached the peak Revolving Core stage. Currently he is just one step away from stepping into the Open Ascension rank.

"Nothing." After staying silent for a while, Chang Shun answered his disciple while shaking his head slightly.

"When is Lin Kai coming? We have already waited 24 hours and he is still nowhere to be seen. You sure he didn't run away with the grade 4 fire? It's quite a tempting treasure. I won't blame him if he did." Chang Shun asked nonchalantly. "But making me wait like this... Even if he comes now, he can't escape from punishment." He snorted.

"Also, how did he find the room behind that thick wall? According to what I observed, there were some sort of lotus flower growing in that puddle. I wonder what kind it is. But... I didn't find any sign of the grade 4 fire there." Chang Shun frowned, contemplating.

"Don't worry Master. Belongings of the disciples are also belongings of the Master. The treasure we find will be a gift to you. I will look into what Lin Kai has found here and offer them to you later." Xidi Junjie promised with a confident smile.

"Ah, you don't have to go that far for your Master. I know how devoted my disciple is. Also the treasures you guys find are due to your own effort. You should take the useful ones  before offering anything to me." Chang Shun replied with a warm smile.

"Thank you Master." Xidi Junjie cupped his hands in salute to show his gratitude.

'Fuck! I just puked and now I feel puking again. This Master and Disciple duo, one a hypocrite and the other is a narcissist. What a match. Clap! Clap!' Zhu Furong praised sarcastically.

'What do you mean by belongings of a disciple are the belongings of the master? Are you going to share your wife as well? There is a clear difference between showing respect and licking boots. And this hypocrite master. There's no way you will let your disciples have any good stuff, you will definitely find a way to get your hands on whatever treasure they find. Everyone in the sect knows how you treat your personal disciple. Just like a lackey. And your personal disciple does the same with Lin Kai. Treating him as his lackey. Ptui! Talk about being a disgrace of a Master and Disciple.' Zhu Furong almost retched with disgust but thinking that he may give away his position if he even made a slight sound, he just swallowed back whatever came to his throat.

Chang Shun intensely gazed at the wall before turning back. "Sigh... Let's go check out the ruins again, hope Lin Kai will arrive by then." Chang Shun gestured, leaving the side cave with Xidi Junjie.

The place turned back to pin drop silence. Zhu Furong didn't come out after they left. He still waited just to be on the safe side. At his current Cultivation, he is no match for Chang Shun. He would even struggle against the early Core Formation rank Cultivator, Xidi Junjie.

After waiting for half an hour, Zhu Furong silently walked out of the hole. He is now wearing a black robe with a wooden mask. He put the array plate inside the Nine-Layers Pagoda and slowly walked out of the interjection.

This time without directly walking towards the entrance of the cave, he slowly spread his Divine Sense towards it. He did it slowly and carefully so as not to alert the enemies.

He didn't find any presence within 50 meters outside the cave.

'This is good enough.' With this thought, Zhu Furong dashed out of the cave with extreme speed. His movements are as if he is blowing along with the wind, extremely agile.

After running for 20 meters outside of the cave, he took a sharp right turn and ran towards the exit of the forest.

He is still covering 50 meters around him with his Divine Sense just to make sure no one is following him or no one is waiting in ambush. This 50 meters of radius will provide him enough time to react.

Within a few minutes he is out of the forest. Running about 100 meters ahead in open grassland, he relaxed slightly. If someone is still following him, they have to come out of the forest into the open to keep chasing him.

Looking behind the trees at the boundaries are standing still, there are still birds sitting on the branches without showing any signs of disturbance.

Still as cautious as Zhu Furong is, he kept his vigilance up running towards the nearest town.

The town's gate was only about two hundred meters ahead when Zhu Furong felt his Divine Sense being disturbed. Someone or something has entered his 50 meters radius.

Before Zhu Furong could look back, he felt a slight chill behind his neck. He knew what was happening. Zhu Furong launched his body forward with all his might. After landing on all fours, he instantly got up and ran to his right.

Bringing a fight in the town is just asking for common people to die. He can't commit such a sin.

With a swoosh sound, a sharp and thin blade cut through the air without any resistance. Zhu Furong could feel blood oozing out of the back of his neck while running. That was too close.

'You should be thinking about capturing me if you want to know about the treasures, but to directly go for the kill? Just how vicious are you?' Zhu Furong cursed in his mind but that's all he can do right now.

If he wants to survive he has to give his all to running.

...

The sun is high in the sky. An orange shadow could be seen chasing a black show throughout the plains. The distance between the two shadows never closes in. If one pushes, the other pulls. Between this push and pull, some Sword Qi is sent flying towards the black shadow by the orange shadow.

The black shadow is Zhu Furong in disguise and the orange shadow is Xidi Junjie's Master Chang Shun.

When Zhu Furong left the cave, Chang Shun was waiting two hundred meters away from the cave entrance. That distance is good enough for someone at peak Revolving Core to hide his presence while keeping an eye out. And it's a distance that can be covered within seconds by the speed of a peak Revolving Core rank Cultivator.

Chang Shun decided to follow Zhu Furong just in case he may find his companions but when he saw Zhu Furong was about to enter the town, he knew he couldn't let that happen. So he attacked.

The chase ensued for about four hours without any rest.

Both Zhu Furong and Chang Shun are running at their maximum speed and both are somewhat tired by now.

They duo has almost covered 500 kilometers of distance by now.

Running while keep avoiding the residential areas is becoming more and more difficult for Zhu Furong as the man chasing behind him doesn't seem to give a fuck about mortal lives.

The man even flayed and chopped some innocent bystanders with his flying Sword Qi while chasing after Zhu Furong.

Zhu Furong couldn't take this any longer. Even though he has movement speed which can keep up with the peak Revolving Core rank, his stamina can't. More so when he is pushing all his muscles to the limit to maximize their performance.

"Hey can we talk? Why do you keep chasing me while attacking with deadly strikes? Don't you want any information? Are you mad?" Zhu Furong hardly managed to talk with his dry throat.

"Hehe, are you already out of oil? Then just stand still and let me chop your body into pieces. Whatever you are carrying will be mine after that anyways. What's there to talk about? It's just a waste of time." Chang Shun sneered with an evil smile.

"Fuck your mother!" Zhu Furong cursed and didn't talk anymore. He has to think of some ways to get rid of Chang Shun. Or he definitely will die today.

About a kilometer ahead Zhu Furong could see clusters of trees covering a large area. It looks like a big jungle.

There is nothing more to think about. Letting out a breath, Zhu Furong clenched his teeth and increased his speed a notch.

The distance between him and Chang Shun slowly started to increase at a constant pace much to Chang Shun's surprise.

"What? You dare?" Chang Shun yelled and threw a dagger with Essence Qi infused in it towards Zhu Furong's torso.

Zhu Furong noticed this and slightly twisted his body to let the dagger graze past his ribs only forming a shallow cut.

"Siii..." Zhu Furong could feel slight pain, but he has no leisure to take care of the wound. He kept running towards the jungle.

The distance between Zhu Furong and Chang Shun had increased from 50 meters to 200 meters by the time Zhu Furong entered the jungle.

Keeping his momentum, Zhu Furong went deep into the jungle searching for a spot to hide. He covered his wound with a cloth to make sure no traces of blood were left.

After searching for thirty minutes, quite deep into the forest Zhu Furong found a hollow tree trunk, large enough for Zhu Furong to squat inside.

Zhu Furong instantly took position and covered the open part with the rank 5 hexagonal array plate which creates an illusion and raises a barrier.

Though the barrier isn't soundproof it definitely stops the air from flowing in and out. So Zhu Furong can be somewhat assured that the stench of his blood won't attract any Spiritual Beasts residing in this jungle or give his position away to Chang Shun who is searching all around the jungle for him.

Thanks to the tree being hollow vertically inside, the cavity reaching all the way up to the top, there is good enough ventilation inside the now enclosed tree trunk. If any stench escapes then it will escape from a high altitude and will instantly be blown away by the strong wind.

Zhu Furong took a healing pill and applied some medicine over the wound to let it heal.

He usually doesn't like to use healing pills as it affects the capabilities of the tissues to auto repair. But right now is not the time to make a fuss.

Taking too many pills may cause the body to form an immunity or it may lead to the accumulation of impurities over time within the body, so it's better to take pills in moderation and make sure to digest it completely. Though thanks to Zhu Furong having Heavenly Innate Body he can chew pills as if candy, he still has a habit of being careful due to his past life experiences which shows in his actions from time to time.

There was a time in his past life when he was too frustrated with his weak strength and gobbled up a large amount of pills which in turn clogged some of his meridians and it took a lot of effort and money to cure it.

...

After taking the healing pill and applying the medicine, it took about 15 minutes for the wound to heal as if it never was there.

Zhu Furong stayed inside the tree hollow waiting for the night to fall. Even with the eyesight of a Revolving Core rank Cultivator, Chang Shun won't be able to see much far within the darkness of this dense jungle. Zhu Furong wanted to use it to his benefit to escape from this peril.



•Cultivation Chart has been updated.

1