CH 54 – Back To Zhu Manor
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Out of Fan Xin's residence, Zhu Furong's next stop is Wu Hao's residence. He still has to inquire about the mysterious sect inside their Sunlight Sect. This is a question he isn't allowed to ask as a disciple.

If he asked, it would be the same as questioning the superior's decisions.

But this condition doesn't apply when it comes to Zhu Furong and Wu Hao, as Wu Hao is a close friend of Zhu Furong's fourth uncle and he sees Zhu Furong as his own nephew as well.

...

Inside his courtyard Elder Wu is teaching his personal disciple, sitting around a tea table. Zhu Furong knocked at the gate and entered after receiving permission.

"How come you are here? Is everything alright?— An hour ago, a disciple of Ghost Sect came here, did they cause you any trouble?" Wu Hao asked with concern.

Zhu Furong shook his head, "No. They didn't cause any trouble." He scratched his cheek with his index finger, "Though I came here to ask Elder about these people and also to thank you for backing me up." He then bowed, "Thank you."

He then looked at Wu Hao but found out that Wu Hao isn't even looking at him, as if he is ignoring him.

"Elder..." Zhu Furong called, but still got ignored.

He looked at the disciple who was swinging a sword and saw the disciple looking awkwardly at them.

Zhu Furong looked back at Wu Hao but the man was still ignoring him.

Zhu Furong gulped and then with some hesitation, called. "Uncle..."

This time he got the expected reaction out of the middle aged man, "Yes nephew? What is it?" Wu Hao asked with a smile.

Zhu Furong's lips twitched because of lost for words.

'You are an adult, why act like a child?' Zhu Furong cursed in his mind.

Wu Hao suddenly called his 20 years old disciple who is currently at the Core Formation rank, "Bai Dong(pillar), come here."

The young man sheathed his sword and walked to the two. Standing at 5'11", Bai Dong is 3 inches taller than Zhu Furong. Bai Dong has brown skin with decent looks.

Wu Hao held Zhu Furong's upper arm, "Didn't I tell you about my best friend Zhu Da, this is his nephew Zuo Rong." He then looked at Zhu Furong, "Zuo Rong, this is my personal disciple, Bai Dong, get along with him." He introduced the two with a smile.

Zhu Furong and Bai Dong exchanged salutes of greetings.

"Well, you can go and meditate inside, I have something to talk about with my nephew Zuo Rong." Wu Hao dismissed Bai Dong.

Obeying his master, Bai Dong went inside the house to Cultivate.

"Sit." Wu Hao gestured to Zhu Furong towards the chair next to him while pouring tea for both of them.

Zhu Furong took his seat before Wu Hao started speaking, "Where were you these past few days?"

"I went to meet the Fourth Uncle." Zhu Furong replied.

"The Western Fort? How is Zhu Da doing? Is everything alright there?" Wu Hao asked.

Zhu Furong nodded, "He is doing fine, the situation there is the same as always."

"Good, good. It's all fine till there are only small skirmishes, he will stay safe that way." Wu Hao breathed a sigh of relief.

"You didn't come here just to thank me right?" Wu Hao questioned.

Zhu Furong took a sip of tea and put the cup down, "To be honest, I am leaving the sect." Zhu Furong answered.

"Leaving the sect? Did something happen at home?" Wu Hao frowned.

Zhu Furong shook his head, "No. It's just, I have learnt what I wanted to learn here. Next I want to venture the world to accumulate more experiences."

Wu Hao sipped his tea, "You are still too young to venture outside. It would be better if you wait two or three more years. By then you may reach the peak Foundation Establishment rank. It will make your family feel somewhat relaxed sending you out alone." Wu Hao suggested.

Zhu Furong couldn't deny it completely since Wu Hao doesn't know that his combat prowess is already at peak Foundation Establishment rank.

But Zhu Furong can't waste any more time in the Sunlight Sect. He wants to raise his strength as fast as possible. And for that, traveling around the world is the most efficient way.

"Well, I am returning home. I will ask Grandpa what he thinks and follow his decision." Zhu Furong replied.

Wu Hao nodded, "That works."

Wu Hao took a deep breath, relaxing his body on the chair. "In a way it is good that you are leaving the sect. Those Ghost Sect bastards are a bunch of evil serpents. God knows what they are thinking."

Zhu Furong frowned, "I saw their disciples everywhere in the sect. Even the sect gate is being guarded by them. What happened?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Haah... Don't ask— It seems Lin Kai, the inner disciple of our sect was actually the son of someone from the upper realms. Probably someone from the Ghost Palace, the main branch of the Ghost Sect. Lin Kai went missing a few weeks ago and the people from the Ghost Sect arrived here for investigation. Since they are backed by a sect from the upper realms, we have no choice but to comply with their requests." Wu Hao sighed.

'That's why that bastard was so rich. Fucking scoundrel, if you have such a rich background, why go looting the poor people? Also why did you have to die from my hands? Couldn't you have told me that you are some big shot from the upper realm? Look, what trouble you caused me— Hope I don't get caught, it will be such a hassle… sigh!'

His face suddenly turned serious, 'I have to work harder to raise my strength as soon as possible.'

Zhu Furong stood up, cupped his hands in salute and bowed, "I will take my leave Uncle Wu, please take care of yourself. Hope we meet again in ten future."

Wu Hao also stood up and pressed Zhu Furong's shoulders gently, "You too take care. If you ever need my help, don't hesitate to ask." Saying this Wu Hao took out a token and passed it to Zhu Furong with the same intention as Fan Xin.

Out of here, Zhu Furong went to his own residence in the sect, to clean up his room before leaving.

Upon reaching his residence he noticed Tian Su sipping tea in his courtyard.

'What a neighbor I have. This guy spends more time in my residence than his own.' Thinking this, he approached Tian Su who was sitting relaxed on a chair.

"Brother Tian, what are you doing here?" Zhu Furong asked.

"Ah, brother Zuo. I heard you returned to the sect so I came to have a chat, hehe—By the way, where did you go these past few weeks, I couldn't find you anywhere." Tian Su patted the chair next to him, offering Zhu Furong a seat.

Being 4 years older than Zhu Furong, Tian Su is now 18 years old with a height of 5'11", light brown skin, a somewhat square face and muscular body. He looks just like a strong bodyguard. Tian Su's favorite weapon is a heavy sword which he always carries with him wherever he goes.

"I don't have time for this brother, I am leaving the sect." Zhu Furong humbly declined.

"What?" Tian Su is shocked. "Leaving the sect? As 'leave' in 'leave' or are you just going out?" Tian Su asked with confusion.

Zhu Furong shook his head, "No. I am leaving for good. I am returning home."

"Why? Did someone do something to you? Tell me who it is, this brother will fight to the death with them." Tian Su stood up holding his heavy sword ready for battle.

"You will fight to the death with them? What if they are in Open Ascension rank?" Zhu Furong asked mockingly.

"Fight to death means fight to death. I will die for my brother but never let anyone bully him." Tian Su patted his chest.

Zhu Furong felt touched by Tian Su's gesture. In his past life he had so many brothers, in this life too he has two brothers. But which one of them is ready to give their life for Zhu Furong? None of them.

Zhu Furong patted Tian Su's shoulder, "You should cherish your life brother. If you die, who will I call my brother? Also, who will take care of Miss Tian Lei?"

He then rubbed his chin, "Well, I can take care of her if you don't mind. She is quite a good woman." Zhu Furong teased. But it backfired.

Tian Su put his arm across Zhu Furong, "Really? I really don't mind if you want her. Take her. She is such a pain in the ass. Always bullying me whenever she has a chance. I will feel blessed if you take her away."

Zhu Furong is at a loss for words. He blushed with shame.

Tian Su laughed aloud looking at the troubled Zhu Furong. He then picked up a cup of tea and chugged it down. His expression changed to serious as he wiped his mouth.

"Are you sure you are not in any trouble? Just say the word and this brother will walk through fires with you." Tian Su affirmed.

Zhu Furong smiled, "No brother. No troubles. You may have heard that I practice Body Cultivation and there is not much left for me to learn here. That's why I am returning to my family."

Tian Su looked thoughtful for a moment then nodded his head, "I see. Then it's all good. If it's for Cultivation, you should stay where it is more beneficial for you."

"But always remember, if you are ever in trouble, you have a brother here in the Sunlight Sect." Tian Su smiled gently.

He then patted Zhu Furong's shoulder, "I don't have any brothers, but if I had, they must have been just like you."

Zhu Furong smiled, "I have brothers, but none of them are like you. You are more of a brother than them."

"In that case..." Tian Su pulled out a small cup and poured clear wine into it. He slit his thumb on the heavy sword and dripped a drop of his blood in the cup. He held the cup towards Zhu Furong.

Zhu Furong understood what Tian Su wanted to do, but he hesitated.

"Brother Tian..." Zhu Furong explained to Tian Su about his name and appearance being fake.

"But your feelings as a brother are not fake right?" Tian Su asked.

Zhu Furong remembers the nearly four years he spent in the Sunlight Sect. He went on many quests and missions together with Tian Su. They always acted like two brothers having fun on an adventure. They also fought together many mid rank spiritual beasts getting all beaten and battered in the process.

"No, they are genuine. I really think of you as my own brother." Zhu Furong confirmed.

"Then there is nothing to hesitate." Tian Su pushed the wine cup towards Zhu Furong.

"But..." Zhu Furong still hesitated but Tian Su acted determined, so Zhu Furong followed Tian Su's steps and dripped a drop of his own blood into the cup. After that both Tian Su and Zhu Furong drank half of the wine in the cup.

They then both clasped each other's right hand and spoke at the same time, "From today, we are sworn brothers."

Since Zhu Family is being targeted by the Thousand Arms Sect right now and Zhu Furong himself also has a chance of being targeted by the Ghost Sect, he decided to keep his real identity a secret from Tian Su. Though he informed Tian Su to contact Elder Wu Hao, if he ever needed him— After that the two brothers bid farewell to each other.

After Zhu Furong left, Tian Su had the same thought as Fan Xin, to inquire Elder Wu Hao about Zhu Furong's troubles.

Elder Wu Hao unknowingly became a carrier pigeon for Zhu Furong in the Sunlight Sect.

As Zhu Furong left Sunlight Town, a disciple of Ghost Sect entered the tent near the Sunlight Sect gate and informed the middle aged man.

"Send someone to follow him." A vigorous, old man's voice commanded from behind a screen under the tent.

"Yes Elder." The middle aged man humbly complied.

Zhu Furong didn't waste any more time on the way. From Sunlight Sect to Dafan City it is about 20 days of journey. After passing several villages and towns, Zhu Furong got rid of the Ghost Sect spy.

Practicing Wind Steps and his perception skills, Zhu Furong arrived at Dafan City in 18 days. By now his Spiritual Body has completely healed.

Zhu Furong noticed that Dafan City has changed quite a lot. It has become more peaceful than ever and there are rarely any sights of delinquents in the city.

'I only heard about it but it seems Ming Zen have really performed a serious cleaning in Dafan City. The nearby towns and villages were also affected. I heard the crime rate has fallen by a whopping 90 percent.' Zhu Furong praised while changing back to his original looks, hiding in an alley.

After a while a 14 years old boy in white hanfu walked out of the alley. After all these years, Zhu Furong's face have started to develop masculine features and he currently has an androgynous face. He still looks more like a beautiful man than a handsome man.

With a dignified stance he walked towards the Zhu manor and was welcomed by the gatekeepers. They have all heard that Young Master Zhu Furong was working at the western battlefield. As retired soldiers they feel quite elated to see Zhu Furong return safely.

Upon entering the manor Zhu Furong noticed that they were having some guests. Curious, he went to the main hall.

1