Chapter Two
2k 3 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school day has ended and everyone gathered with their friends to discuss their after school plans. Some wanted to go eat while some wanted to karaoke or the arcade. Some of his classmates were in clubs that were meant for sports, hobbies, or interests.

Haru doesn't have a club to go to nor any friends to hang out with. When the school bell rings, he prefers to stay back in class and wait for evening to come. Haru stays by himself in an apartment so no one would be worried if he wasn't home. Instead, Haru waits for evening so he can go to his part-time job.

To pass the time, Haru takes out his novel and reads. Even though others may look at this as something boring, Ena loves the peace and quiet. Being engrossed in the story, he wouldn't even notice any of his classmates return when they forgot something.

With the passing of time, twilight came and this was Haru's signal to leave the school. He made his way to the shoe lockers to retrieve his shoes. Upon entering the area, he encountered a fellow student who he thought he would never encounter.

It was the Student Council President, Ami Yoko. Her long lavender hair flowed with elegance. Compared to Shina's hair which is about shoulder length, Yoko's hair length is almost close to her lower back. Even if she didn't smile, it seems like her ruby eyes will do it for her. Everyone refers to her as the goddess of the school.

"Ah? Leaving around this time too I see?"

"Ami-senpai. I didn't know you left school this late. It must be hard being the student council president."

"It is, but someone has to do it. On top of that I have to make sure all the clubs and committees are doing their due diligence as well."

"I see, but shouldn't your other officers help too?"

"They should, but it seems like some of them have some important matters to deal with and the others also have club activities."

"That's rough. If you need help, you can contact me if anything happens."

"Oh? That would be splendid! Ano, what was your name again?"

"Ah my apologies, I'm Ena Haru from class 2-C."

"Ena-kun huh. Let's exchange contacts then so I can contact you."

"S-sure…" The two of them exchange their contact information. When Yoko caught a glimpse of Haru's contact list, she noticed that she was the only one in there.

"Ena-kun, you don't have any friends?"

"No, I don't have any. Everyone treats me like garbage because of my appearance so no one approaches me."

"That's quite sad." Ena shakes his head and says, "On the contrary, it's quite peaceful. Besides, I don't have time to go out like the others."

"You don't have time to go out?"

"Yes, I have a part-time job."

"Eh~? You're only a 2nd year and you're already working? Especially a late night job? Are your grades depreciating because of your job?"

"No, my grades are fine."

"What about sleep? Are you sleeping well?"

"Yes I'm sleeping well."

"I see. That's a relief. If anything is troubling you, please let me know. I'll do what I can to help."

"Ehh, there's no need for that."

"But isn't it natural to help friends out?"

"Well, yes. Eh? Friends?"

"You and I are friends right, Ena-kun?"

"W-well…" Haru turns away from her, embarrassed. Yoko laughs and assures him, "From today on, we're friends, ok? Ena-kun?"

"Understood… Ami-senpai."

"Good! I'll keep in touch with you from time to time to check up on you."

Haru nods his head and then looks at time. "Oh crap! I'll be late for work! See you later Ami-senpai!"

Haru puts on his shoes and sprints out of the school. "Take care Ena-kun."

I wonder what kind of job Ena-kun works. It must be an important job if he ran out like that. What an interesting student he is.

After leaving the school area, Haru sprinted towards his job. As he was making his way, he cursed to himself, "Damn, having long hair is such a pain!" He tied his hair into a ponytail as he was avoiding people. Finally being able to see clearly with no obstructions, he can continue sprinting without slowing down.

Isn't that…?

In no time, Haru manages to get to the employee entrance of his workplace, Radiant Garden.

Radiant Garden is a host club where hot, charming, sexy men are hosts who take care of their customers who are only women who can pay for their services of companionship.

Upon entering the employees room, Haru collapses onto the floor. "Whoa whoa!? Haru?! Are you alright? Quick, someone get a bottle of water!" One of his coworkers exclaimed as he ran up to check up on him.

"Y-yeah… Just ran all the way here from my school…"

"Geez dude. Were you really that held back? Are your grades that bad?" Haru waves his hand while catching his breath. "Nah, my grades are fine. Just got held back by a classmate, that's all. I'll be fine in a couple of minutes."

"That's good to hear. Oh, here's a bottle of water."

"Thanks Azumane-san! You're a lifesaver."

Taiko Azumane is one of Haru's coworkers and fellow host who is recognizable by his blond hair. He's one of the most upbeat and energetic hosts and because of this he's also one of the loudest hosts. Other than that, he does have a sizable fan base amongst his patrons. Besides being a host, in the daytime, he's also a voice actor.

"It's good to see that you're doing well. I thought we were going to be short staffed tonight."

"Haha, as if. You know I'll always call in if I can't make it Shou-senpai!"

Tsubaki Shou, Haru's leader and mentor when Haru first started as a host. Despite having such a killer appearance, he's quite kind and helpful, especially towards Haru who he sees as his little brother. Shou has short dark blue hair and sharp dark blue eyes. If looks could kill, then Shou would've been a mass murderer. In the morning, Shou works as a model.

"Haha yes I know Haru. I'm glad you're here. You've really climbed up the ladder to get where you are. I remembered when you first started here. Your performance was laughable haha."

"Geez, you really like reminiscing about those times where I always came to you for help. Not going to lie, those times were fun. I got to learn a lot from you."

"I'm honored to hear that. I'm proud to have you stand by our side as hosts."

"Thank you for teaching me these past years. I'll do my best as your pupil!"

"Yeah! Oh, hurry over to Elise so she can get you ready for tonight."

"Roger that leader!"

Haru heads over to the club's makeup artist, Elise. "Hello, Elise-san?"

"Ara? Is that Haru-chan I hear?"

A beautiful woman with plum coloured hair and eyes turns around and smiles at Haru. "So it is Haru-chan! Please come over here and let's get you ready for the night."

Akiko Elise is one of the makeup artists. She studies cosmetology in college and is working in Radiant Garden as a way to better her skills and make some extra money. She's also openly affectionate towards Haru.

"Sa~aay, Haru-chan, why don't we go back to my place after work tonight?"

"I'm still a student, Elise-san. I have to go home and get some sleep for school."

"Boo~ Just skip one day so we can be together for a night. Just one night Haru-chan~!"

"I'm sorry Elise-san. Maybe next time. Exams are coming."

"Muuu! Well it's true that exams are coming up. Oh well. So how do you want your hair done?"

"I'll leave it up to you!"

"Righto~!"

After makeup and wardrobe is done, everyone is reading for the night. Everyone gathers into the main area for a meeting. Shou was reminding everyone to do their best and report anything strange that happens. "Also Haru, don't forget that your name is Kousuke when it's night."

"Yes sir."

Everyone except for Haru gets to use their normal names because Haru is still a high school student. If any of Haru's classmates or teachers found out Haru worked here, it'll spell big trouble for him.

The only two classmates that frequent Radiant Garden are Eiriko and Mai. Unfortunately for Haru, both of them are his regular patrons. Luckily it'll only be Eiriko who'll be coming tonight.

"Is everyone ready?" Everyone nods their heads and Shou says the opening words. "It's show time!"

(Author's Note: This story will be updated every Tuesday!)

50