Chapter Ten
1.3k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(I'll be using a first person perspective for the next few chapters. Let me know if it sounds better than the usual third person perspective.)

"You want to know about me, Ami-senpai?"

"Yes, I'm quite interested in you now that you look like this, but don't get me wrong, I like you because you're an interesting person and not in a romantic way, though maybe in a familial way."

"Familial?"

"That's right. I'm an only child, but for some reason I sense that you and I have some kind of sibling bond."

"That should be impossible."

"I know that, but I can't shake that feeling when I look at you, but I also know that family doesn't always have to be blood-related. Anyways, let's decide on something right now."

"Decide on what?" Yoko props her elbows onto the table, interlace her fingers together, and sets her chin onto the perch she created with her fingers and asks Haru the surprising question. 

"Does Ena-kun- No, does Haru-kun want to be the older brother or younger brother?"

"Haah?!"

"Eheh~ Oh? I have a better idea! Instead of choosing, why not become both?"

"...Is such a thing possible?"

"Normally it's not but in your particular case, it's possible. If you're in your gloomy, nerdy self, you can be the little brother and when you are this ikeman, you can be my big brother!"

"If you put it like that, then it's possible."

"Right? Right? From now on, we'll be siblings ok?"

"But…"

"O-K?" I was threatened by Yoko's sudden change of tone. Despite having the same smile just a few seconds ago, I can sense a foreboding aura coming from her. I reluctantly accepted her proposal even though I was against it. …Then again if it's to keep her quiet about this then it's a small trade off.

"Understood, Ami-senpai and I are siblings from now on." Just as I declared that we were siblings, Yoko's cheeks swelled up as if she was upset with what I just said. Confused as to why she was upset, I asked her, "Ano, Ami-senpai, are you upset?"

"Of course! I'm your little sister right now, but you still call me your senpai! Of course, I'll be upset! Muu!"

I didn't want to admit it, but seeing Yoko sulk like that made her quite cute despite being my upperclassmen.

"I see… Then shall I call you Yoko-chan?" In an instant, Yoko's face grew beet red from ear to ear. She bows her head a little to cover up her embarrassment. I guess going straight for Yoko-chan was too much for her and I should have started with Yoko-san to ease my way to our familiarity as siblings.

Then, Yoko stood up and came to my side of the table. She sits beside me, wraps her arm around mine, and leans into my shoulder. She nuzzles her cheek into my arm and looks up to me.

I was stunned at how adorable she looked when she looked up to me. Those moist eyes and rosy cheeks… 

"Ano, Haru-kun…" Yoko calls me in a gentle voice. "Yes? Yoko-chan?"

"C-can you pat my head?" I was surprised for a second, but followed up with a calm smile and gave her what she wanted. "If that's what my little sister wants then sure."

I raise my other hand and gently stroke her hair. From the moment I touched her hair, I was drawn to how silky smooth her hair is. She must have taken good care of hair if it feels this good.

Ahh, so this is how it feels to be patted. This feeling is nice. I want Haru to do this for me often.

Yoko rubs her forehead against the arm she was hugging and sighs happily. She pulls away and looks me in the eyes and with the most adorable smile she thanks me, "Thank you very much Haru-niichan!"

Whaa!!! No! No! No! Absolutely not! That's cheating! My heart can't handle this! Why is Yoko so cute!?

My heart skipped multiple beats. If what I was experiencing wasn't a heart attack, then what are these palpitations?! My face grew hot and I turned away to avoid Yoko's heart stopping smile.

No! Haru! Stop cheating! Why are you so cute when you're embarrassed!? You're going to make me want to switch roles and spoil you too! …Though, it seems like Haru-kun's biggest weakness is being called nii-chan. I wonder if he's an only child too.

"Hihi~" Yoko giggles and continues, "I never would have thought that my junior would be so cute when he's embarrassed like this. Oh well, let's continue our talk like this shall we?"

Yoko leaves and goes back to her side of the table. Before we continued our conversation, we ordered a new round of drinks. From our hot drinks of coffee and tea to now our ice cold drinks sweet iced tea to juice. We both took a sip from our respective glasses and began our conversation once again.

"So tell me Haru-kun. Why are you an ikeman at night? Don't tell me you're a masher or an escort?" Yoko glares at me as if she was staring down her enemy.

I raise my hand in protest and shake my head. "It's nothing like that, but you have to promise me you won't let anyone know about this; not even the school!"

"...It's that serious huh?"

"Well it's not that serious, but I'm sure everyone will be surprised about it and I'm confident that the school will force me to quit if they knew I was working over there. So, can you please keep it a secret?"

"Understood. I'll keep and protect Haru-kun's part-time job a secret."

"Thank you Yoko-san."

"Iyada! Yoko-chan!"

"...Ah, right. Thank you Yoko-chan. So My part-time job is being a host at Radiant Garden."

"Oh you mean that ikeman host club?"

"I'm surprised that you know that place, Yoko-chan."

"Every girl in our school knows about the club. Even some of my friends got into the club by faking their IDs. They said the experience there was sophisticated and classy and all the men there are attentive and charming in their own ways. Though it would never occur to me that my brother is one of those ikemen who love to seduce women."

"We're not seducing anyone. The club strictly prohibits the hosts from seducing any patrons."

"I see. So that's how things work over there. I can see why you would want this to be a secret. If any of the girls in our school knew you were an ikeman, you won't be able to attend school normally. Not only that but the teachers will be flippant if they heard one of their students working a night job like this."

"Yeah, so please keep this a secret."

"Sure, but under one condition."

31