Chapter Sixteen
846 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating weekly. Life has been chaotic as of late and will be like that for some time. I was having a hard time writing. I normally write on my phone using Google Docs, but whenever I opened the file, I would get sleepy and close the app. Finally got to finish the chapter by sitting at my computer. It's a good change of pace to change things up to get things done. Anyways, thank you for your patience and for reading the series! Oh! And be on the look out for newer chapters, because I'm thinking about updating when I can to catch up on the lack of chapters I haven't posted for the past few weeks so keep on the look out! Thanks again for your support and taking the time to read this!

 

"Student Council President, Ami-senpai, why are you here?" Shina asks, surprised. Yoko says as she walks up to my bedside, "I have some unfinished business with Ena-kun. I'll watch over him from here. You can go back to your house and sleep for the night. I've called a taxi for you so please use it to get home safely."

 

"Understood," Shina stands up and says her farewells, "I'll be going home Ena-kun. Sleep well. I'll visit you in the morning to check up on you."

 

"Okay. Sleep well Hiyori-san." I bid her farewell. A small smile forms on her lips, bows her head, and leaves the room.

 

Only Yoko-san and I are left in the room. She looks at me and pouts. I didn't understand why she was pouting so I asked, "What?"

 

"I was waiting for you in the room, but you didn't come!" Yoko stood up and said in a serious tone. 

 

Ah, that's right. I was supposed to meet her during lunch. 

 

Her expression saddens and says, "Word got around in school that a student collapsed and after listening around, I've later learned that it was you who collapsed. What happened to you Haru-kun?"

 

I told her about what I learned from Shina about how I gave Eiriko a piece of my mind and how I almost assaulted her.

 

"I see. I'm glad that it isn't anything serious. You did this all to teach her a lesson, but I wished you did it in a way where it didn't go this far."

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't think things through properly. I even felt that I was out of character for doing this kind of thing."

 

"I agree. Anyways, at least things are normal for now."

 

"I know this is odd, but do you know what will happen to Sarada-san?"

 

"I took a look into the incident report provided by your teacher and it seems that she will be suspended for a few days."

 

"Is that so? I'm glad her punishment isn't that bad."

 

There were a few moments of silence that was then broken by Yoko by pointing out something about myself. "You're weird for worrying about your bully. A normal person wouldn't think of them after being hospitalized for a few hours."

 

"You're right, but it's alright. I do hope that after this incident, I won't get bullied as much anymore. From what Hiyori-san told me, I frightened everyone. It's hard to believe that there was a side of me that could frighten others. It's kind of scary." I end on a melancholic tone and grip my blanket in fear.

 

Yoko wrapped her arms around me and then slowly stroked my head. "Yoko-san?" I look up to her and she smiles softly. "This was something I wanted to do with you during our lunch break. I wanted to treat you as my little brother."

 

"... I see. In that case, I should be calling you Yoko-neechan then."

 

"Glad you caught on quick!" She adds strength into her hug, pushes her nose into my hair, and ruffles my hair. This was the first time I've felt comforted and warmth from another human. It melted my worries away and for once, I became vulnerable.

 

Tears began to roll down my cheek. I didn't notice them as I was focusing on Yoko's warmth. "Yoko-neechan."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Thank you."

 

"You're welcome Haru."

 

We stayed still and enjoyed our existence with one another — — That was until my cell phone rang and killed the mood.

 

We both glanced over to my phone that was on my bedside table. I picked it up and saw that on the caller ID was Shou.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Yo Haru-kun! Why didn't you let us know you would be out tonight? Did something happen?"

 

"Sorry Shou-senpai. Something happened at school and I'm in the hospital right now."

 

"What?! Hold on! I'm on my way!"

 

"Wait! Wait! It's ok. Everything is fine. There is no need to come over."

 

"Are you sure? What happened?"

 

"I'll tell you tomorrow."

 

"That's right. It's you and your friend's secret raffle prize event tomorrow. Understood. You can tell me tomorrow. Get some sleep."

 

"Thank you Shou-senpai. Goodnight." I hung up and redirected my attention to Yoko who was cutting apples on the side. "Ah? Finished already?" She said as she just finished peeling them. "Yeah. Tomorrow, Hiyori-San and I will be spending the day at that beauty company."

 

"Don't forget. I want pictures of you if there's a photoshoot."

 

"I know I know."

 

***

 

Morning came and the doctor told me I could leave. Shina came just like she said, but with a bag of clothes. "Here Ena-kun! I got you clothes for our date today!"

 

A date you say… I couldn't help but give a wry smile as she said that. I took the bag from her and Shina left so that I could get changed. I got dressed in the clothes she brought me and not going to lie, she has a good sense of fashion. Arisu should give her an internship to further her education.

 

"Ena-kun, may I come in?" Shina knocks on the door and asks from behind. "Sure, I finished changing." Shina comes inside and gasps in delight.

 

"H-how do I look?" I asked, feeling a bit embarrassed. I look away to avoid eye contact with her, but I can feel her passionate gaze burning a hole in me.

 

"You look great! I knew these clothes would suit you the best! Hold on Ena-kun! I have to get a picture of this!" Shina pulls out her cellphone and snaps a couple of photos. After what seems like forever, Shina finally calms down and was satisfied with her photography, “Hihi~ I’m quite happy with all of these! I’m surprised about you too, Ena-kun!”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

“You were also getting into the photo shoot! You were doing all these poses as if it was a professional photoshoot. Look at these pics that I took! You started turning towards the camera at this angle and when I see them, they make you look more handsome and cool! Is this what they mean by taking a person’s good side in photography?”

 

Shina was right, I intentionally turned to show off my good side towards her to give her a better picture. It’s quite surprising to learn that Shina has some knowledge towards fashion and photography. I’ll inform Arisu about her potential and hope that she can take her in as an intern and then hopefully down the line, Shina can work under her.

 

But to do that, I’ll have to reveal that I’m Kousuke to Arisu. Ahh, I wonder if there will be a chance to come clean about myself to Arisu.

 

Meanwhile with Arisu…

 

“Fufu~ Today’s the day I get to meet with Kou- I mean Haru~! I'll take care of him and let Shou take care of his friend! I can’t wait to meet them!” Arisu says as she stares out her office window that overlooks the city.

24