Chapter 13:Tamer of Horrors
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It hurts.

My insides are burning up.

Glurgh!!!

Wiping the blood off my mouth, I readied myself to puke out whatever remains of my insides.

After receiving the notification that the Blessing of Shul'ka had activated. I made my way to this dark alley, where no one would be inconvenienced by the monster devouring me. It's the only kindness that I can give to that man who had tried to take me in.

GLURGH!!!

Splatter.

I stared at the mass of flesh that came out of my mouth like a waterfall. I have absolutely no clue why I suddenly am throwing up masses of meat like this. I assume they're organs since whatever else could they be, but they don't really look like any of the organs that I've learned about in school.

They were just masses of bloody flesh.

It's a race at this point, I guess. Either Shul'ka appears and eats me whole, or this sickness kills me before it could.

Either way, I've given up. I have no more hope left. I guess I really am not ever allowed to have a happy life. I always imagined how I would be so happy with being reincarnated and being able to live life as I pleased. But the reality of this world is a cruel one.

Monsters beyond comprehension, mysterious illnesses that bring down whole kingdoms, and creatures like Shul'ka whose mere existence is a threat to whole civilizations.

I was extremely stupid, thinking that I, a former closed-in college girl, would ever be able to survive in this triple S-Class danger world. I'm not a protagonist of any sort, nor do I have any actual good offensive abilities.

This is as far as I go. It is only natural for the weak to be swallowed up by the waves of destiny in this kind of world. It is our fate. Only the strong in this world can survive.

Only the strong will prevail.

"Mama, Papa. Sorry, I guess I won't be able to see you ever again. With what little time I have left, I'll try and help." I muttered as I tried to grab the pieces of meat in front of me, I was currently on all fours, with blood continuously pouring from my mouth. I was taught, back then, how to pray to the God of Lonely Deaths, for it to grant the dying wish of a lonesome soul.

I had no one right now, I was completely alone, so I just wanted it to grant my prayer.

"Please, Khuan'Dor, grant my…glurgh…prayer. Make it so that they don't have to grieve anymore. I sacrifice blood for you." I gathered up the bloodied meat in my hand as tears started to stream from my face again. "May I be wholly forgotten and erased from this world, so they would not mourn any more."

I dropped to the ground.

I had no more energy to keep myself on all fours, I had fully exhausted myself, I went face-first into the mysterious flesh and blacked out.

Nothingness, for miles.

I guess this is the end, huh. No more additional lives, no more reincarnation.

 

[NOTICE! Preparation for the Blessing of Shul'ka to activate has finished. All impurities inside the body have been purged. Subject Clailip Diancia is ready to receive the God Fragment of Fear, Shul'ka's favor.]

"Huh? Aren't I dead?" I meant to only say that in my mind, but somehow it echoed throughout the infinite nothingness.

[ANSWER! Clailip Diancia is not dead. Only blacked out from sheer exhaustion after the Blessing of Shul'ka had primed your body for its gift.]

"Gift? Isn't the blessing a mark of sorts for Shul'ka's victims?" Saying that I am confused would be an understatement.

[ANSWER! Mark of the Beast of The Abyss, and Blessing of Shul'ka are different, but have the same mana wavelength. Confusing the two is a common occurrence.]

[NOTICE! The Blessing of Shul'ka has fully activated.]

"Wait, what does the blessing do!?" I asked, but it seems that I was too late as the voice suddenly turned into what sounds… like elevator music?

Is this just one whole cruel joke? Elevator music? Is my mind playing tricks on me!?

[NOTICE! The Unique skill tab has been pried open by Shul'ka's Blessing, you can now view your Unique and Hidden Skills.]

[APOLOGIES! The Admin has slacked off on your status board and had forgotten to give you the ability to see Unique Skills.]

"Wow, the admin literally had one job, to manage status boards, and failed at it." I scoffed, how inefficient was this 'Admin'?

[...]

[NOTICE! The Unique Skill tab has been locked away once again.]

"...I've seen children less petty and immature than this."

[NOTICE! The Admin has unlocked the Unique Skill tab once more. The Admin apologizes sincerely for their petty actions.]

"Sure… But can I at least know what Shul'ka's blessing does?"

[ANSWER! It gives the owner a randomly created COMMAND-TYPE Unique Skill that will hail from the Abyss line of skills.]

"Woah, that's actually pretty good! Anything else?"

[ANSWER! The owner is much more likely to be able to be fed with luxurious and delicious foodstuff. Starvation would also rarely be a problem as foodstuff would be easier to come across.]

"That… sounds way more useful than the first one."

[ANSWER! It also gives the owner the uncommon skill 'Amalgamation', allowing the owner to 'Equip' monsters and creatures that are loyal to the owner.]

"WAIT! THAT'S ACTUALLY SO GOOD!"

[NOTICE! It is because of 'Amalgamation' that you have suddenly fallen ill and vomited your body's impurities, to make it suitable for a monster to be equipped in. Once Clailip Diancia wakes up, the Status Screen should have added features, an apology gift from the Admin.]

"Oh, well. Thanks, I guess! Is the system different from the Admin? The system seems a bit more… competent."

[ANSWER! Yes.]

"Woah, that explains a whole lot."

[NOTICE! Transformation of the body for skill 'Amalgamation' has finished, Clailip Diancia should wake up soon.]

"WAIT! One last question. Am I being hunted down?" I yelled out into the empty nothingness.

"ANSWER! …No, we will not be able to answer that question." A voice that is definitely very different from the System's, answered.

That voice must be the admin's.

"I understand. Well, I'll just wait I guess. Knowing that the Blessing of Shul'ka is different from its mark really makes me feel so much better. I can feel hope returning to me." I could feel myself smile. This will definitely serve as a lesson to be a lot more careful in the future.

"I'm still alive… Well that's good. I guess my prayer to the God of Lonely Deaths was for nothing. It probably wouldn't even come true. I didn't meet the requirement of dying. Plus apparently the deity shows up as you die to grant you your wish, and that didn't happen. So my Mama and Papa shouldn't have forgotten about me." I took a deep breath, I could smell blood, I must have collapsed on my gory vomit. It probably went up my nose.

I fluttered my eyes open, and saw that I had spent the whole night on the dark alleyway's ground. I let out a yawn as I sat up, dried blood on my cheeks. Curiously enough, there wasn't any blood on the place where I rested, which is weird since I do have a sizable patch of dried blood on my cheek.

I got up, and did a few stretches. Knowing that the blessing of Shul'ka and its mark was two different things, really made me feel so much better. I don't think I have the mark, so I should be safe. My life goes on.

But wow, that mindspace that I was in last night was really out of character. So hopeless, so much despair. I shudder just thinking about it.

It can't be helped, though. I was faced with an almost certain chance of death. I don't think there would be anyone that would have done better than me. I graciously accepted my fate and even did my best to make sure no one else would get caught up in my problems.

I'm just so kind.

"That said, I should have new skills."

 

BIOLOGICAL INFORMATION

Name:Clailip Diancia

Titles:He Who Is Watched

LvL:3

Job:

Job LvL:N/A

HP:50/50

MP:-35,000/123,000

STM:14

STR:9

INT:74

AGI:13

DEX:11

DEF:3

Age:4

Sex:Male

Race:Dianian Divorakk

MAGICAL INFORMATION

Elemental Affinity: Water | Air | Ice

Sandata Type:Crafting-Type

Traits of Magic: Tailor | Whimsy

Blessings:Blessing of the Pale Moon, Blessing of Shul'Ka

SKILL INFORMATION

Skills:

MISC.

Artist - 3

Crafting - 3

Sewing - 3

Arts n' Crafts - 1

Amalgamation - 1

MAGIC

Mana Control - 5

Mana Regeneration - 7

Mana Channeling - 5

Mana Sense - 6

PHYSICAL

Dancing - 3

Battle Dancing - 2

Arnis - 1

UNIQUE

Harmless Sweetie - 2

Toymaker - 2

Magical Companions - 2

Tamer of Horrors - 1 [NEW]

[NEW]APPRAISE - Gives you basic information about your skills.

 

"Oh! My mana is somehow recovering faster than normal… Now where is that unique skill… Here it is! Tamer of Horrors huh… well, I'll use appraise on that. Let's see, tap tap tap oh! You just have to tap on the skill to appraise. Let's see…"

[Gives the owner the ability to befriend and tame abyssal creatures.]

"Oh! That should be pretty good when I can finally face off against abyssal creatures. [Appraise] is really useful too… though, my status screen does look pretty much the same." I noted. I dispeled my status board and turned around. I saw a few stray cloths here and there last night before I dropped to my knees. Maybe I can use it to make that thing I wanted to make. What was it again…? Oh yeah! Something that can think for me.

“Puchi, puchi.”

Huh.

“Puchi.”

What is that?

I stared at it, trying to figure out what the hell the thing blocking my way is. It looked like a mass of living meat and black blood, and it was making these mildly disgusting sounds at me, as if it was trying to intimidate me. It was around the size of my fist, and it was a bit menacing but also…

It’s kind of cute.

I kneeled down and patted it on what I assume to be its head. It wriggled happily, and made even more of those disgusting sounds. As it wriggled a faint light enveloped it, and a sigil that looked a bit like my mark, a needle that dripped with a mysterious liquid, appeared on where I patted it.

“Puchi!” It exclaimed. It made my heart jump, it was the type of cuteness that only the grotesque would have.

“I wonder why it has my mark now… Could this be an abyssal creature and I just tamed it? No… That can’t be right. It looks more like… OH! OH I GET IT NOW! This thing is made from the things I puked up last night! But how did it even come alive… Eh, that isn’t very important right now.”

I let the mass of flesh jump onto my arms before making my way to the trash heap. My power, Magical Companions and Toy Maker don’t really care what materials I use to make my pets with. As long as I make it, then it will come to life, specialising at the thing I wanted it to specialise in as I made it. I’m not sure how that works, but it does. I don’t question my power as long as it serves me.

“Ah, here they are! Cloth! Oh! There’s quite a bit of discarded clothing here… I just need to find something to sew it all together, and I should have a companion that can do all the thinking. So my brain wouldn’t be so toasted all the time.

I hope the acorn soldiers and Horsey are alright though… I just have to finish up my sewing stuff and I’ll take them out of this city. I don’t think I’m welcome here after that woman thought that I had Shul’ka’s mark.

I wonder why that man ignored it though…

Hmm… i’ve always wanted to know more about Harmless Sweetie… since I have the appraise skill now, I should be able to get more info about all my skills…

I’ll do just that after I finish what I’m doing here.

1