Chapter 7 – The Thundercloud Sect
119 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two hours had already passed, although Li Dao wasn't sure, he needed to maintain his appearance. Hua Lin Chong wasn't easily fooled, and even though he "found" him when he was hiding his presence, it wasn't enough to prove anything.

While the sect leader as well as the elders and main disciples were being carried by the thundercloud sect cultivator artifact, Li Dao was flying high above them being enveloped by Hua Lin Chong's Qi.

As he flew, Hua Lin Chong coughed to get the attention of Li Dao, who was surprised at the sight. "What is your personal guard's cultivation?"

Li Dao looked into the lightsaber's eyes curiously as various thoughts ran through his mind.

He didn't believe it!? maybe he thinks my personal guard is a problem for Zheng Xiang or maybe he wants to kill me and I was reckless to use the Li clan name... Well, too late to go back. Li Dao thought.

"I don't know." He shook his head. "Even if I knew I wouldn't tell you, I was taught not to tell anyone."

Hua Lin Chong was silent, but finally spoke. "Aren't you afraid I might kill you!?"

Trying to create a unique young master image, Li Dao placed his hand on his chin and pondered for a few seconds before facing him and saying, "No. I may be forbidden to tell you about my uncle's cultivation." He narrowed his eyes, making them sharp as he stared at her iris. "But I guarantee you that if you try, you'll die before you can."

"..." He was silent.

"..." Hua Lin Chong still didn't respond.

"Hahahahahaha!" Hua Lin Chong was no fool to risk his life, especially when his job was to protect his young master, even though he was tempted, he held back. "You are a bit like my young master, he will be happy to meet you."

"I'm also looking forward to finding second place in the new generation of mid-sky producers." He felt the lightsaber's gaze fix on him.

"This is a little curious, your name is not in the cultivator category."

Li Dao shrugged. "Of course this one, or have you never heard of the Li family trash?"

There was a tone of self-deprecation. Lin Chong frowned, not recognizing any of Li's top names besides Li Sanyu.

Li Dao looked at Hua Lin Chong and sighed. "I'm not on top if that's what you're thinking."

The lightsaber was silent for a moment before nodding. Feeling that he was already talking too much to someone of the new generation, he accelerated his flight speed.

As they quickly passed through various landscapes, Li Dao realized that they were on top of a city. Above her, a black cloud could be seen hovering over a certain spot, but contrary to what was expected it was not spilling water.

Looking at the location, she compared it to her memory of the novel and, from the description of her memories, quickly recognized it.

Thundering Cloud Sect.

Created around a lake of thunder essence, the thundercloud sect got its name specifically because of the large cloud that hovers over the site.

Observing such a phenomenon, Li Dao could not help but be shocked. "Wow…it's pretty extravagant."

"Young master wasn't in the sect when I left, so it will take a while for you to see him." Hua Lin Chong said as he lowered his flight speed.

Li Dao frowned. "Isn't it dangerous to leave him alone?"

Hua Lin Chong nodded, holding back some approval in his gesture. "He has other guards."

Certainly Zheng Xiang had other guards, but none were as powerful as this last one. Even in the mid-heaven his fame comes from his abilities, he is compared even to lesser sect leaders of that place.

Even being in the lower sky is still stupid to leave someone without the protection of the strongest, there are fugitives and several ways to build a base for a protagonist, counting on the level of cultivation of this sky is stupid. Li Dao thought as he looked strangely at Hua Lin Chong.

As the height of the flight decreased, and the sect approached, Nathan could feel Hua Lin Chong's gaze land on him. He stared back hoping to get an answer but they just fell silent.

"I don't need to explain that I am someone influential in this sect, here, we are gods, and you are with me. Please do not abuse your status until the young master arrives."

"Oh!" Li Dao raised an eyebrow in surprise. "I didn't think the legendary lightsaber cared about the junk from the lower sky."

"I don't care, I care about the young master's reputation."

Li Dao looked at Hua Lin Chong even more intensely than before. "Of course, whatever you want."

[...]

THUNDER CLOUD SECT - MAIN HALL.

Many people were inside a glorious hall with certain doubts. The disciples followed them here because they were confused about the behavior of their patriarch, who quickly hurried to this place.

He was the stereotype of a cultivator. An old man with a very large beard wearing a blue cloak with a deep frown on his face.

His name is Gu Zhu, the patriarch of the thundercloud sect.

Gu Zhu was in a cold sweat with nervousness, a little while ago he heard the voice of the thunder prince's personal guard in his head and quickly hurried to greet him.

He knew that bowing to a large number of people would damage his reputation, but in his heart, the fear of offending a mid-heaven cultivator was so much greater that he didn't even bother to explain to his inner disciples what was happening.

As soon as he felt the duo approaching, he released some pressure from his cultivation by

suppressing the disciples' murmurs.

"I humbly welcome Elder Chong back." cupped and bent over, he shouted for all to hear.

"But what?"

"What is the patriarch doing?"

"Could he have gone mad?"

The disciples who could not feel anyone were confused, but as soon as the turmoil began, a new pressure, stronger than before, began to press on them.

The disciples who could not speak could only be in shock and fall to the ground as they watched until their patriarch trembled in fear and a pair slowly approached the ground.

Unlike Gu Zhu, despite having a very high cultivation and being much older than Gu Zhu, Hua Lin Chong looked young. He had black hair, a short black beard, and a good muscular build.

The reason it is so well maintained is the threshold between true and false saints, that when a cultivator arrives in the holy realm, he is rejuvenated several years.

The walls that held up the great hall cracked and the pressure that was coming from outside was getting closer until finally they could see.

Hua Lin Chong nodded at Gu Zhu barely recognizing him and retracted his pressure, even as he drew back, he could feel the terrified looks they were giving him and sighed.

"I apologize to young master Li for having to feel this kind of thing." He shook his head at Li Dao and then looked at Gu Zhu. "Is the young master here?"

Gu Zhu was shocked that another young man besides the thunder prince managed to make the legendary lightsaber apologize, so he was silent for a moment before realizing the saint's question.

"Y-yes, the thunder prince is at my old residence."

Nodding and not taking another look at Gu Zhu, HuaLin Chong looked at Li Dao and said, "Looks like he was already here, do you want to go meet him now?"

Li Dao thought for a few seconds before answering. Because of Ye Chun's cultivation, he would have to wait a while to advance his cultivation again.

And he knew that the cultivation level here was higher compared to his old sect, so he would have to get stronger otherwise.

"Of course, I came here for that."

Li Dao was nervous, despite having the memories, it was his first time entering another sect and becoming the center of attention, it was a whole new feeling and he hadn't gotten used to it. Despite wanting to have multiple sparring partners to cultivate mastery points, he didn't want to risk his identity before convincing Zheng Xiang.

The path to his quarters drew a lot of attention. The sect disciples were all looking at them wide-eyed, with the disciples' eyes being centered on him. Some even showed huge blushes on their faces. Li Dao felt awkward.

After all, he wasn't handsome, but he wasn't ugly either. His straight black hair that came to his shoulders highlighted his youthful features, his red eyes gave a unique hue to the outfit and his body marked by long sword training made him in good shape.

Every moment he approached the residence where Zheng Xiang was staying, his heart raced. Everything he had planned was for this moment.

Li Dao knew he wasn't a very good manipulator, he just followed his plans to the letter giving no opportunity for failure, but the conversation he would have in minutes would determine whether his plan worked or not.

Everything depended on that moment.

For at the moment, he is still weak, and being someone with no talent for cultivation, he had to risk everything.

Especially in a world like this where if the celestial Dao wanted, he could become a protagonist and would be hunted by hunters.

Half way through, he had a system and he wasn't a hunter or a protagonist.

Everything has to go right! Concentrate Nathan, this is the most important moment so far. He thought as he saw a very large door in front of him.

"I'll go talk to my young master, when you can come in we'll call his name." He nodded and watched Hua Lin Chong enter the room.

[...]

Zheng Xiang was tired. As soon as he arrived in the middle sky he sent his guard to bring the MC and went after a treasure that he learned was in the lower sky, but even having the location of the area where the treasure was, he was not successful.

'Li Dao... He's not a protagonist, but I'm also sure he's not from the middle sky.'

'Should I kill him? No! Maybe he really is and I can get an enemy for free.'

'I'm trying to remove the death flags that the original Zheng Xiang created, I can't get another one.'

Consoling himself for the failure, Zheng Xiang soon decided his next step and convinced himself of success; he was moved by his own intelligence.

"Glad you treated him well Lin Chong." Turning around, he watched the lightsaber kneel and sighed. "Go and have him in in 3 minutes."

"Yes your Highness."

As he watched Hua Lin Chong leave, he was silent until he was sure the last one had left.

"Old Wang, keep hiding your presence. Don't intrude until I say so."

At that very moment, Hua Lin Chong reported from behind the door, "Young Master Li is requesting an audience with His Highness!"

His words made Zheng Xiang quickly change, his face returned to indifference and he calmly ordered, "Send him in."

Even in doubt, one thing was certain, Zheng Xiang had to discover the unknown ahead of him.

Hearing footsteps behind him he was silent with his eyes closed, until he could hear a voice resonating in his ears.

"I salute the disciple Zheng Xiang."

He felt a little disrespectful when he saw that he didn't use any titles to call him. Being certain that the person in this room was not from the middle sky, he turned around and stared straight at Li Dao.

"Posting as a young master of the middle sky..." Still in a calm voice and showing indifference, he approached slowly.

He reached forward with his hand on Li Dao's neck and squeezed, releasing a pressure.

Li Dao expected this attitude, but seeing the indifference on Zheng Xiang's face made it all the more frightening.

"And... Wait!" He tried to form a sentence but felt Zheng Xiang's grip tighten.

"Last words, imposter?" Loosening his grip and releasing it, he raised his other hand towards the sky and enveloped it with Thunder Qi.

"huf... cough..." Li Dao felt his hurt and his breath hitch, coughing, he looked into Zheng Xiang's cold, indifferent eyes and smiled.

"Two words for you Jack, Planet Earth."

6