Chapter 8 – The death of the Thunder Prince.
127 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter, despite being told from the normal point of view of the story, will focus more on Zheng Xiang's reactions than Li Dao's.

________________

Li Dao revealed his information after thinking deeply about the matter.

'I am the arrogant young master' is a novel with a complex plot, it has many mysteries that even Nathan didn't know, so taking advantage of that would give him a very good advantage.

He himself was not stupid, he had already formulated what he would talk to Zheng Xiang. Being one of his favorite works and following Jack's adventures through the cultivation world, Nathan has a very broad knowledge about the protagonist hunter's personality.

Even in the face of several threats, several fights to the death, Zheng Xiang always kept his expression of indifference.

Zheng Xiang's temper was something few could understand. Sometimes he would be like an icy God who sees everything without a hint of emotion in his eyes, and other times, he would play pranks on others like a well-established court jester - his thoughts and actions could not be predicted.

And even following him for over 500 chapters, he always found it impossible to surprise you.

Until this moment.

Li Dao was silent for 1 minute facing Zheng Xiang. He didn't know that the protagonist hunter was capable of making that expression.

Zheng Xiang didn't know what to do.

He had only recently transmigrated to this world, and even with the various problems his identity brought, he had everything under control.

Even before awakening his system, he had planned to stop being a young master who would die at the protagonist's hands and become his sworn brother. So he had a pretty high level of adaptability.

His instincts screamed making him look at the wall where there was no light and stare at old Wang wondering if he had any reaction.

Fortunately, he was relieved to understand that the person in front of him spoke in his old language.

One of Jack's many concerns when he transmigrated was how he would understand Chinese as an American, but luckily for him as soon as he woke up as Zheng Xiang he was already fluent in Chinese.

Having gotten used to Chinese, it took him a few seconds to realize that Li Dao had used English with him. Knowing he couldn't talk in the state he was in, he took one, two, three breaths to calm himself.

Zheng Xiang's expression turned stern as he looked at Li Dao. "How do you know my name?"

"You told me."

Zeng Xiang's scheming mind was working all the time to understand the person in front of him.

"When?"

Li Dao glanced at Zheng Xiang, who didn't seem too surprised by the conversation. "In my past life."

Zheng Xiang stared at Li Dao in surprise. "A returner!?"

Li Dao, who had already loosened up more, snapped his fingers and smiled. "Right!"

At that moment, Wang has had more surprises today than in the days since his young master changed his behavior. Despite not understanding anything they were talking about, he knew it was something serious and important, to break even his master's indifference.

Hence, he had increased his vigilance to the fullest, ready to kill the cultivator in front of his master if need be.

"It makes no sense." He walked towards a throne and sat on it. "You're not even a protagonist, how can you be a returner."

Zheng Xiang looked Li Dao from head to toe. He had to admit that he didn't look anything special, but even Ye Chun doesn't show up either.

'System, are you sure Li Dao is not a protagonist?'

Zheng Xiang was not careless, he had a lot of faith in the system, only he knew the power that system had.

But for the first time, he felt doubts about him.

[Li Da is not blessed by the heavenly Dao. Therefore he is not a protagonist.]

"Hunter. I'm a hunter, just like you."

Li Dao's unexpected response surprised Zheng Xiang as visible disbelief appeared on his face.

"What? Did you think you were the only one?"

Zheng Xiang was prepared for any kind of explanation. However, Li Dao's answer caught him off guard.

And though surprised, he was alert.

"So you came to steal my prey!?" Zheng Xiang's expression changed.

Silently, he released his murderous intent.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Calm down, I'm not after Ye Chun, I came here for you!"

As the words came out, a blue light flashed in front of Li Dao and he felt a cold blade graze his neck.

"Suffice it to say, young master..." Zheng Xiang's murderous intent was suppressed by old Wang's sharp gaze.

He forced his blade into Li Dao's neck, who held his breath in fear of dying. "Just say it, and I'll kill you."

".." Zheng Xiang was silent. Staring at Li Dao for a while as he took in everything that had happened.

"Why did you come after me?" He shook his head and old Wang took the blade from Li Dao's neck.

"As I said, I am a returner." Li Dao put his hand on his neck and looked at the cultivator beside him with some trepidation, "This is my third life."

Zheng Xiang frowned.

"What does this have to do with me-"

"-The first time I heard about you, it was in my first life. When I ascended to the middle sky, I heard rumors everywhere about you."

Zheng Xiang was silent. Being one of the most powerful young masters and second in rank in the middle sky, he was quite famous, so it was normal to have people talking about him.

"I remember to this day, walking up to a Bai clan cultivator and asking what happened, and hearing him say, 'The tyrannical Thunder Prince has been killed'."

Zheng Xiang's face distorted in shock. Although he didn't say it, Zheng Xiang was feeling indescribable emotions.

"H-how... Who..."

"I ignored it at the time, after all, I had never met you. Year later, I received a mission from my system. Go after a protagonist named Yi Shui." Taking his hands off his neck, Li Dao's tone of voice turned melancholy. "I went after him, and found out that he killed you, his cultivation was much bigger than mine, so I died too."

Zheng Xiang closed his eyes. "So we died for a protagonist.."

"And then came my second life, when I found out I was a returner." Like Zheng Xiang, Li Dao also closed his eyes. "Even though I knew, I didn't want to die again. So I trained, I hunted protagonists, I climbed my cultivation, and I ascended 1 year earlier than in my first life."

"And at one event, I met you, so I thought, the enemy of my enemy is my friend." He stared at his hands and squeezed them. "We became friends, when I met you, you had already consolidated your position as heir, you had already killed three protagonists, I taught you how to gain more fate points and I told you about Yi Shui. This time we were stronger, we managed to do it. him to run, but at the time of the final confrontation..."

Zheng Xiang shook his head. "Do we die?"

"Yes. He wasn't alone, he had another protagonist with him, this one with a lot of fate points." He clenched his fist in fury. "Before the final clash, we talked and found out that they knew of our existence."

Zheng Xiang opened his mouth, but no sound came out.

"In time, a group known as the seven kings will rise in the cultivation world. They are known as the seven kings by the public, but internally they have another name..."

Looking worried on the outside, Li Dao was chuckling inwardly. The best way to make a lie convincing is to mix it up with a truth.

And in that, he introduced Zheng Xiang's final enemies.

"The alliance of the protagonists."

"Alliance of the protagonists?" Seeing Li Dao's grim expression, Zheng Xiang glared at his guard. "He is lying?"

Old Wang, despite not understanding what they were talking about, had a technique that told him when a person was lying.

"No, despite not understanding anything, that last thing he said is true."

Zheng Xiang looked back at Li Dao with a deep frown on his face. "Continue."

"So I thought, the sooner I find you, the better for both of us, so I'm here." He sighed. "I know you don't trust me, to be honest I don't trust you right now."

Silently, Zheng Xiang listened.

"Then I'll give you some information, which will at least make you believe what I said."

"What information?

"Your brother, Bai Xiang." He returned to speaking Chinese. "He has the artifact of life."

Before Zheng Xang could ask what the artifact of life was, he saw old Wang's eyes widen.

"A-are you serious?"

"Yea." Li Dao turned to Wang. "For you to believe me, I gave you this information. The artifact is as powerful as a system, it can be considered someone's golden finger."

"The young master doesn't know what artifacts are."

"I know that, that's why I'm speaking in Chinese, so you can explain it to your young master." Opening his arms, he continued. "But I want something in return."

"What you want?" Zheng Xiang asked.

"As I said before, I stopped training and came looking for you as soon as I returned, I need protection." Li Dao grumbled. "Hua Lin Chong. Lend it to me, at least until you kill Bai Xiang."

Zheng Xiang was silent as he received the information of what the artifacts were from his guard. After some thought, he faced Li Dao and replied, "Okay, this is a deal, but if you're lying, you already know what's going to happen."

Li Dao smiled victoriously, he bowed in thanks and started walking towards the exit.

"What does he want Hua Lin Chong for?" Wang ran his hands through his beard in confusion.

Zheng Xiang sighed. "Having Hua Lin Chong will help him consolidate his identity as an important person from the Middle Heavens. In addition to protecting him." He rested his head in his hand. "I have a lot to think about, let Hua Lin Chong know and prepare for our departure."

Wang was surprised for some time. "Aren't you being too rash master?"

"Right now..." He stared at Li Dao's back walking towards the door. "I have to be."

[...]

'Well... I've already done my part. Anyway, now it's up to that arrogant prince.'

Sighing, Li Dao felt relieved. He thought it would be extremely difficult to converse with the cold Zheng Xiang, but it seems that even he had his moments of weakness.

'status.' He thought.

[Li Dao(Nathan Salt)]

[Main Crop: 6th Layer of Body Reinforcement. {Li Dao: 05%}]

[Secondary Cultivation: 9th Layer of Body Reinforcement. {Ye Chun: 16%}]

[Cultivation Techniques: Sword Art Breaking the Red Sky (1,000/10,000), Tiger Fang (3,550/10,000)]

[Mastery Points: 220]

'Tsk... there is still a long way to go to complete the complete infection of Ye Chun's cultivation.'

As soon as he left the patriarch's room, Nathan found himself with two guards standing at the door. As soon as they saw him, the guards bowed out of respect.

It was obvious that they were from the thundercloud sect and not Zheng Xiang's people.

"You there." Li Dao pointed and yelled at one of them scaring him.

"Y-yes young master Li..." He waved with stars in his eyes.

"Can you take me to the training ground?" Li Dao asked.

And so, he followed the guard. Realizing that they were heading in a strange direction, Li Dao asked. "Is the training ground outside the sect?"

"The training ground is in the outer courtyard, young master. It's a way to encourage outer disciples to train."

Passing through both the central courtyard and the inner courtyard, Li Dao couldn't help but notice the different looks the disciples gave him, a crowd even following him wanting to know where he was going.

"Young Master Li is quite popular..." Proud to accompany him, the guard smiled.

As he felt embarrassed to receive so much attention, an external elder approached them.

"Young Master Li, welcome to the training ground. Allow me to help you." He clenched his fists and spoke passionately.

"Thank you elder. This sect is said to be very powerful, so I suppressed my cultivation up to the 6th Layer of body reinforcement, I'm here to train, I can fight anyone in this realm."

The elder placed his hand on his chin and pondered for some time.

"Young Master Li, I think it would be best for you to use our best training ground so that the training ground can support your movements." He suggested.

"Then I appreciate it." Following the elder, they went to the best training ground. Unlike the others, the field had several places around it to sit and watch.

This was probably where the sect's tournaments took place.

As soon as they arrived, along with them, several disciples, whether central, internal or external, sat on the seats. Unsheathing his sword, he took it and shouted to the disciples.

"I'm here to see the strength of you, those who are in the realm of body reinforcement and want to fight, can come no matter the tier."

As soon as he spoke, a riot broke out among the many disciples who wanted a chance. The core disciples regretted already being in another realm.

Unlike those who raised their hands and shouted asking the elder for a chance, a disciple got up from his seat and walked towards the arena.

"Inner disciple Ji Chen, 9 layer of body reinforcement." He bowed to Li Dao and got into a fighting stance.

"Li Dao, 6 layer of the body reinforcement." Li Dao also bowed and smiled as he raised his sword going into high guard. "Anytime, Ji Chen."

___________________

on Webnovel has +2 chapters for those who already want to read the next ones.

6