2. Birthday Surprise
1.6k 12 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I drifted awake to the bright morning sun glaring in through my window.

With a quiet groan I rolled over onto my front so I could get back to sleep, but a strange uncomfortable sensation in my chest kept me awake. It felt like there was something soft and squishy under me, and at the same time my chest seemed a lot more sensitive than usual.

I tried turning onto my other side so my back was to the window, but rather than sun in my eyes I ended up with a mess of hair in my face instead.

Still half-asleep I hadn't even stopped to question who's hair it was. I reached up and yanked it away in frustration, and was rewarded with a sharp pain in my scalp.

"Ok what the fuck?!" I demanded, except the voice that came out of my mouth was extremely not mine.

A split second later I was a hundred percent wide awake, sitting up in bed with my heart racing and my eyes bulged halfway out of my head. I didn't know whether to laugh or scream as I stared down at myself.

Gone was the stocky out of shape body, the bulky shoulders and arms, the thick fingers, and the dark body hair. Gone were my ugly legs with the bumpy knees and the hairy hobbit feet. And especially gone was the masc junk that used to reside between my legs.

Instead I found myself looking down at a slim smooth fair-skinned body. My hands looked delicate. My legs were shapely and my feet were small. I had hips, and a waist. I had boobs which were easily bigger than Kelly's, and from where I was sitting the only thing I could see between my legs was a little patch of hair, the same shade of blonde as the stuff that was hanging down in waves several inches past my shoulders.

My hands were shaking and I realized I had to be dreaming. I pinched my arm then slapped my cheek in an attempt to force myself awake, but all that happened was my arm hurt and my cheek stung a bit.

I was a girl. Somehow overnight I turned into a girl. It was impossible, unbelievable, and amazing. And I had no idea how it happened, but I was excited and happy.

My mind raced slightly as I thought about all the tropes and triggers from the countless gender-bender stories I'd read.

Last night wasn't the full moon, or the new moon. I hadn't picked up or touched any mysterious antiques or creepy dolls or weird jewelry. I hadn't secretly worn any cursed lingerie or girl's clothes. I definitely hadn't recited any strange spells I found on the internet or in some creepy old book. I'd wished for this sort of thing a thousand times but that never worked before, and I couldn't remember wishing for it specifically yesterday or last night. In fact I hadn't made any wishes at all.

Except one.

My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat as I remembered the conversation last night. I wished me and Kelly could trade for a week. I wished I could be a girl and she could be a guy.

My hands shook as I grabbed my phone, I checked but there weren't any texts from Kelly. I started typing out an anxious rambling message, then quickly changed my mind and deleted it. Sending her a text first thing in the morning asking if she magically turned into a guy would come across as extremely weird if she hadn't actually transformed.

Instead I just texted her a generic good morning, and asked if she was ok. Then I set my phone down, and finally got up out of bed.

I stumbled a bit as I moved for the door, my body was moving differently and my hips and legs didn't quite work the same as before. And as I reached for the doorknob there was another shock through my system as I realized it seemed slightly higher.

In fact my whole room felt just slightly off, and it only took a few seconds before it hit me. I was shorter. I wasn't sure how much shorter, but definitely smaller than the five-foot-ten I was used to.

I reached for the doorknob again, my thoughts were on the mirror in the bathroom. I had to see myself, I had to know what I looked like. And I still wasn't sure any of this was real, even though it certainly felt real.

As my hand touched the knob there was a sudden sharp knock at my door. I stifled a yelp as I jumped back slightly.

"Are you up yet?" mom demanded, her voice came through the door loud and clear. "It's quarter to eight, birthday or not it's time to get ready for school!"

My heart was still pounding as I stared at the back of the door. It suddenly hit me, I had no idea what I was going to tell my mom. Or what I'd do about school. If this was real, nobody would know who I was, nobody would recognize me. I took a couple steps back from the door as I tried to figure out what I was going to do.

Suddenly the door swung open as mom stepped into my room, "I said it's time to..."

Her voice trailed off as she stopped and stared at me, while I probably looked like a deer caught in the headlights as I stared back at her. Part of it was from the fear of how much she'd freak out, but part of it was from the shock of realizing she was taller than me.

Mom's eyes flicked to the bed, then she quickly glanced around the room. I knew she had to be looking for me, like she probably assumed I was some girl who spent the night with me.

Her eyes settled back on me and in a forced-calm voice mom asked, "Who are you? What are you doing in my son's room? And where is my boy?"

I gulped as I stared at her, "Mom it's me, I swear it! I have no idea what happened ok? I woke up like this and I don't know how it happened but it's me!"

Her eyes widened, and I held my breath. I was positive she was going to throw me out of the house or threaten to call the cops or something, like there was no way she'd actually believe me. It was ridiculous, impossible.

After another second mom sighed and her shoulders slumped.

She almost sounded sad or resigned as she said, "Ok hon. I'm sure you're scared and confused, and you probably have a lot of questions. When you got past fourteen without anything happening, your dad and I figured that meant you weren't..."

Her voice trailed off, then she seemed to make a decision. "I'll call the school, we'll say you're off sick all right?"

A moment later she added, "Put some clothes on hon. And when you're ready, come downstairs and I'll get you some breakfast."

With that she quietly left my room, and closed the door after her.

I found myself standing there staring at the back of the door, my brain caught somewhere between joy, shock, and embarrassment. Somehow I'd turned into a girl and my mom didn't freak out, but I was standing stark naked in front of her the whole time.

It took me another minute or two before I finally started moving. I felt like I was in shock, or like it was a dream or something. My emotions were all over the place, I was equal parts overjoyed and excited, but also shocked and scared. The embarrassment faded, but that was replaced by a huge dose of confusion.

The first two pairs of pants I tried were too big to stay up on me, and even if I could keep them up they were long enough I'd trip over them or something. I ended up wearing a pair of shorts with an elastic waist that was just tight enough to stay on. I didn't even bother with shoes, I knew there was no chance any of them would fit my small feet.

And I pulled on a t-shirt that had been a little small on me before, now it was big everywhere except across my chest. I felt some flutters of joy deep inside as I looked down at the outline of my boobs and nipples under the soft cotton fabric.

At long last I emerged from my room and moved across the hall into the washroom. There was another huge wave of joy as I found myself staring at the pretty blonde girl in the mirror. My eyes were blue-green, my nose was cute and small, my lips full and wide. My face was slightly rounded, and I had dimples in my cheeks when I smiled. And I was smiling non-stop as I stared at myself.

I wasn't the most beautiful girl in the world, but I was pretty and cute in a girl-next-door way. And it was absolutely perfect.

Eventually I made my way downstairs. I was still anxious about facing my mom, and incredibly confused about her reaction when she saw me in my room.

Mom looked me up and down as I nervously joined her in the kitchen. She gestured towards the table, where there was a glass of orange juice waiting for me.

"Have a seat hon. Are you hungry? I can make you some breakfast if you like. How's a toasted bacon sandwich sound?"

I nodded slowly, then sat down at the table and picked up the juice. I hadn't really noticed it before, but now that she mentioned it I was really hungry.

She got started on that, and as she busied herself with the frying pan she commented "Your father's going to come by before his shift starts, and I've let the school know you won't be in today."

After gulping down half the juice I set the glass back down and asked nervously, "Why'd you call dad? He'll freak out if he sees me like this..."

Mom sounded stressed as she responded, "Your dad won't freak out, I promise. I know you're probably really upset hon, and maybe scared? That's ok. Would you like to talk about it? How are you doing?"

"I'm not scared or upset," I replied nervously. "I'm really confused though? And um..."

My cheeks went red yet again, but I forced myself to say it. "I'm actually kind of happy? Like um, really happy. But also really confused."

Mom turned around and stared at me for a few seconds.

"Happy?" she asked. She gestured at me and added, "About this? Did you want this?"

My heart was racing again but I figured there was no point trying to hide it now. Like I'd somehow magically transitioned overnight, if I was ever going to admit I wanted to be a girl this was probably the right time.

So I nodded and quietly replied, "Yes. I don't know how it happened, but I've wished for something like this for years..."

I still had no idea what was going on, but I just admitted to my mom that I wanted to be a girl. She thought I'd be upset or freaking out, and I just told her I was happy, that I wanted this. I was positive she was going to get angry, any second now she'd start yelling or something.

Mom watched me for another couple seconds before asking quietly, "Would you like me to use another name for you? A girl's name?"

My eyes widened as my heart skipped a beat. I nodded slowly and half-whispered, "Melody... I'd like to be called Melody."

"All right Melody," mom said, and my heart skipped another beat.

There were tears in the corners of my eyes as mom moved to me. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders as she pulled me into a hug. I reached up and hugged her as well, and the tears started to run down my cheeks.

"Mom?" I asked quietly as we held each other. "How did this happen? I'm so confused..."

She gave me a comforting squeeze, then let go and moved back to the stove to check the bacon again. Meanwhile I couldn't help wondering if I'd died and gone to heaven or something, because it was like everything was perfect but I couldn't understand how.

Not only did I magically turn into a girl in my sleep, but my mom seemed to be ok with that. I basically came out to her, I told her my chosen name, and she was ok with that too. There had to be some kind of catch or something, life couldn't be this perfect.

After a minute or two of silence mom finally took a deep breath and replied, "You're a shape-shifter hon. Well, half shape-shifter. You're also half human."

"I'm what?" I found myself staring at her in shock, as it felt like yet another piece of my grip on reality just crumbled and fell.

Can't wait to find out what happens next? Join our Patreon and get immediate access to the next chapter and more! Patrons have already read up to chapter 9 and you could too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

88