15. Showing Off
1.1k 7 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Me and the guys slept in Saturday morning, and when we finally got up I whispered for them to keep quiet since dad was probably asleep after her shift.

We all pulled some clothes on then the three of us crept down the stairs, where we found mom at the kitchen table having a coffee.

"Good morning," she greeted us quietly. "There's coffee on, but I'm not going to make breakfast till later. Alison won't be up for another hour or two, so I'd appreciate if the three of you kept the noise to a minimum for now."

"I already told them," I replied. Then I looked at my friends and suggested, "Wanna go out? I can show you around, maybe we can grab something to eat?"

Kelly and Craig agreed, and the three of us took turns in the washroom to get freshened up and everything. I put on some lipstick and brushed my long blonde hair, then we all grabbed our jackets or hoodies or whatever and went out the kitchen door.

The three of us squeezed into the cab of Craig's pick-up, not that I was going to complain. I was in the middle, with a boyfriend on either side.

"So where are we headed?" Kelly asked.

Craig shrugged, "I could go with some breakfast, but whatever works for you two?"

"Sounds good," I replied.

We pulled out onto the road and headed into town while we figured out what the three of us wanted. Nobody was up for anything that big or fancy, so I ended up giving Craig directions to the big box plaza at the south end of town.

As we pulled into the parking lot I pointed to a mobile phone shop off to one side, "That's where I work. It's retail, but my manager's all right. And there's the cafe."

It was about eleven in the morning as the three of us walked in. The place was a popular chain and as expected it was busy but not packed, so we were able to grab a table. We all put our orders in, then talked a bit more as we waited.

Soon enough they were calling our names when our orders were ready, and as usual they got my name wrong.

I almost wondered if they were doing it on purpose at that point, like I was there for coffee at least twice a week and I was positive they knew I worked across the parking lot. I'd tell them my name was Melody, with a D, and they'd write down Melanie D.

Kelly chuckled as the three of us sat back down, "That still happens huh?"

"Still," I rolled my eyes. "Funny thing is there's a Melanie who works in the grocery store over there, and sometimes we end up with each other's orders if we're not careful."

"Serves you right," Craig teased. "Pumpkin spice latte is evil and I'm questioning whether or not I want to date a girl who drinks that stuff."

I rolled my eyes but smiled as the three of us enjoyed our breakfast. There was more idle talk and a little more friendly teasing before we were done.

Then we all piled back into the pick-up, and I gave them a little tour of the town. Like I showed them where I was going to college, and we drove past the high-school where mom worked as well as the hospital where dad was based. Then we just kind of cruised around the little town for a bit. Not that there was much to see in the way of touristy stuff, but they got a better feel for the place where I was living now.

"You two have to come out my way at some point," Craig commented. "Then I can show you around out there."

After a moment he added, "Not that there's anything special about it, like it's basically just another town I guess."

Me and Kelly both agreed, though we didn't make any plans yet. But I was positive we'd go visit and hang out at Craig's place at some point.

Eventually we went back to the house, dad was up by then so we didn't have to be so quiet. Mom and dad were hanging out in the kitchen so me and the guys took over the living-room and got something streaming on the TV, but mostly we just chilled, had some drinks, and hung out on the sofa together.

That night we had BBQ again for dinner, but both my parents were with us. And instead of burgers mom got some steaks and stuff. My folks did all the cooking and everything, and basically put on a nice meal for all five of us. We ate outside on the deck again, mom and dad were drinking wine while me and my friends all had beer.

It was a bit awkward at first, like I was positive dad was still uptight about the stuff me and her talked about the day before. And there was maybe a bit of awkwardness about the fact that me and Craig and Kelly were all together, like the two of them were my boyfriends now. Though it's not like mom and Alison could be judgy about that, considering how the two of them were together as well.

Still, I was glad the dinner conversation avoided all those uncomfortable topics. Instead it was mostly mom talking with my boyfriends about their college programs and stuff like that. Like how Craig was handling being in residence at his college, how Kelly was doing since his best friends both moved away, that kind of thing.

They guys both said they were doing fine, Craig had some new buddies at college and he was enjoying the course he was taking. And Kelly was about the same. They both missed the three of us hanging out like we used to, so did I, but we all talked almost daily anyways, we kept in touch and everything.

And Kelly asked mom and dad how they were liking the small town life and their new jobs and stuff. All fairly normal conversation stuff.

When everyone was finished eating me and mom cleared the table, but the five of us stayed outside talking and drinking some more as it gradually got dark out.

Alison had some questions for Kelly, like how things were at home, how his dad handled Kelly coming out and all that. On the surface it was fairly innocent but I had a feeling dad was sort of checking to see if anyone freaked out about Kelly changing suddenly. Like even though they weren't huge changes, having it happen basically overnight was still a potential problem.

It was fine though, like Kelly's dad didn't ask about it and he was cool with Kelly being trans and everything.

After that there was a bit of a lull in the conversation, till Craig spoke up.

"Speaking of changes," he said in his teasing-voice as he looked at me, "You haven't changed much lately Melody. Same blonde hair, same blue-green eyes, and you're still short. After watching you mess with your hair or eyes or whatever every other day during the summer, it feels almost weird to see you not look different now."

It was probably the wrong thing to say in front of my dad, especially after getting busted yesterday, but apart from giving me a hard look Alison didn't react.

I blushed, and maybe cringed a bit from the look dad gave me. Like she wasn't happy my friends knew those secrets in the first place, and it probably didn't make her feel any better hearing Craig tease me about it so casually.

On the other hand, I had been kind of saving up. There was something I wanted to show my friends, and now that dad knew how strong I was I didn't have to hide it from her either.

So I smiled, "I've been holding back a bit since school started? Like people might ask questions if my hair or eyes kept changing from day to day or week to week. So I've just been sticking with this look, since this is the one on my ID and everything. But since you mentioned it Craig, there's something really cool I wanted to show you guys!"

I got up from the table and moved a few steps away, off the back deck. It was dark out but mom had turned on the outside lights, and I didn't want to be in the spotlight, incase a neighbour happened to be looking our way. What I had in mind would probably be obvious even from a couple hundred meters away, if someone was looking.

Then I started to strip, much to the surprise of both my boyfriends and my parents. I kicked off my shoes and socks, pulled off my hoodie then my t-shirt, and finally my leggings.

"Melody what in the world are you doing?" mom asked as I piled up my clothes at the end of the deck.

"You'll see," I smirked.

I was down to my bra and panties at that point, and maybe they thought that's as far as I was going. But they were wrong. The bra came off next, and finally my panties as well. I was stark naked in front of my parents and my boyfriends, and the cool autumn night air was prickling at my skin as I set my undies down with the rest of my clothes.

"Check this out," I said with a grin. Then I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes and focused.

It was one of the harder changes I'd done, though still nowhere near as difficult as changing Kelly. I exhaled slowly as I went into that meditative state, and blocked out everything but my concentration and the image I was focused on.

And only a second later it happened. It was like a chill down my spine and out through my body, and when my eyes opened the world looked different. There was less colour, but everything was a little brighter. And there were so many scents and smells in the air, it was almost overwhelming. It was like a whole new world suddenly opened up to me, something I'd never known existed as a human.

Mom, Kelly, and Craig were all staring at me with wide eyes and slack jaws, while dad just frowned slightly. And all of them were watching as I took my first few experimental steps. It only took me a couple seconds to get used to walking on all fours, and moving my tail felt almost instinctive.

I made my way back up onto the deck and approached the others, and I tried very hard not to smile. Mostly because my face wasn't designed for that, and instead of being friendly I'd look like I was baring my teeth or something.

"Melody?" mom asked in shock. "Is that you?"

I nodded my head as I slowly circled the table so all of them got a good look at me.

Dad commented, "She won't be able to talk while she's in that form Laura."

I'd become a wolf, and a fairly large one at that. My coat was mostly black fur, with some lighter patterns here and there. I might have preferred something cuter but I went with a large wolf since it let me keep roughly the same mass, so it wouldn't be too hard to change back again afterwards. If I'd become a cute little fox or house cat it would have been much harder to get back to normal.

Still, it was my first non-human transformation, and it seemed like it was a success. I'd been studying and learning about wolf anatomy and stuff for a little while, and I paid very close attention to dad's lessons about how to protect my mind. So while I could enjoy the sensations and experience of being in an animal form, I wouldn't be overwhelmed by it.

As I walked around the table next to my boyfriends Kelly reached out and gently patted my head, and I stopped in my tracks. It felt really nice, and after a few seconds he started scritching behind my ears which was even better.

Next thing I knew my butt was on the deck as my tail started flapping back and forth while he continued delivering scritches and pets.

"I thought she was a wolf," Craig commented. "Turns out she's just a big puppy."

A moment later he grimaced as he teased, "God damn it that means I'm dating a dog."

Kelly stifled a giggle, "Dude be nice. And you should try this, her fur's really soft."

"Our girlfriend's not supposed to have fur," Craig protested quietly.

That didn't stop him from tentatively reaching out and petting me. And as he did, he mumbled quietly, "Doesn't matter how soft it is."

Soon enough I had both my boyfriends giving me pets and scritches, and I ended up on my back so I could get belly rubs too. And I couldn't help thinking Craig was right. I tried to be a large intimidating wolf, and instead I was acting like a big tame puppy while my guys lavished me with attention.

It didn't take long for Craig to come up with something else to joke about, "You know the full moon's next week right? Lucky there's no such thing as werewolves, or you'd have people coming after you with silver bullets and crosses and stuff."

Fortunately I couldn't blush or grimace, but I did cringe slightly. And I finally decided I had enough attention from the guys. I rolled over onto my feet and took off in a sudden burst of speed, off the deck and into the yard.

It was like the wolf equivalent of zoomies, and as I reached the hedge at the back I launched myself over it and onto the farm next door. I wasn't going anywhere in particular, but it felt amazing to run like that.

I had no idea how much distance I covered, but I did a lap of what I figured was a ten-acre field before I jumped the hedge again and returned to our backyard. I was panting from the exertion but if I could smile I'd have had a huge grin on my face.

I approached my friends and family again as I heard dad sigh,"She's going to be hungry when she finally changes back. I'm surprised she's not starving already."

Kelly suggested, "May as well get the BBQ heating up again? She likes cheeseburgers."

"Yes!" I tried to say, but it came out more like a cross between a yip and a bark.

And finally, as I stood in the darkness between the deck and mom's car, I shifted myself back to normal.

"That was amazing!" I laughed as I got up off the ground. "Holy shit that was so cool!"

My boyfriends were both grinning as Craig got the BBQ started while Kelly grabbed some burger patties out of the freezer. My parents on the other hand didn't seem so amused.

"Put your clothes on Melody," mom stated. "You'll catch a cold like that."

And dad just gave me another look and muttered something about not showing off.

Can't wait to find out what happens next? Join our Patreon and get immediate access to the next chapter and more! Patrons have already finished this story and are onto the next one, and you could be too!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

68