47. I wonder how my siblings are faring.
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an hour of interrogation and Luz receiving some beating from his older sister, Luz finally told Liv the unfiltered version.

"That's was definitely the feat of a dark mage," commented Liv while being deep in thoughts. "Anyway, I have some business to do with some of the villages deep into the forest, and you will accompany me."

"Wait… Why the hell are you talking about us!? I will take my rest before doing a few missions to gain some more combat experience," Luz protested while standing up.

"It seems like you leave me no choice," Liv sighed, and two mana hands suddenly manifested on Luz's shoulder, pushing him down onto his seat.

"OY, OY, You cannot do-," shouted an infuriated Luz as he resisted as much as he could. But before he could even finish his sentence, another mana hand manifested around his mouth, forcing him to shut up.

"I get it, I get it," repeated Liv amused with a smile as she gently touched Luz's chin before whispering, "My dear brother, do you think you have any choice?"

At this point, Luz gave up on resisting and merely glared at his elder sister, who turned her back on him.

"Anyway, I will give you two hours of rest because I pity you. After that, I expect you in my atelier," Liv stated before snapping her fingers.

All the mana hands that were forcing Luz to sit quietly immediately vanished, and Luz left without saying a word. 'It seems like I won't be having that much rest,' he thought as he went to take his nap.

Two hours later, Luz returned back to the atelier with a smile on his face. Spending some time with his roommates bettered his mood.

Liv nodded, and two pairs of mana hands immediately appeared in front of Luz, carrying his repaired armor.

"Thanks," Luz commented, but before he could grab his armor, the hands began equipping him.

After equipping his armor, Luz stood up and said, "follow me." The two left the mansion and soon reached a horse cart filled with leather equipment.

"Miss Liv. Are you here to say goodbye?" asked a yawning coachman who was tightly holding the reins of two black horses wearing leather armor.

"No, sir," Liv replied before carefully asking, "I hope you don't mind that the two of us accompany you since I got another business to attend there."

"Fine by me. Make yourself comfortable in the cart because it will take more than a few hours till we reach that place," the coach commented, and the two of them jumped onto the cart.

After whipping the two horses, the cart moved, and after some time, Luz asked, "so why do I have to accompany you?"

"The story you told me got my interest, and I want to verify it. But you know… I ain't gonna go there alone," Liv laughed while patting Luz's back.

Luz sighed, and as he laid on leather pieces, he stared at the blue sky. 'I wonder how my siblings are faring.'

In another place in the kingdom, slaves were publicly sold. The joyful mood of the place concealed the misery the enslaved were subjected to.

One could hear the laughter of people among the rows, and mainly members of different social ranks stood inside a giant building, searching for all kinds of slaves.

The slave market was not merely a place to buy slaves but also to socialize with people from different social classes. Before the auction even began, people could take a closer look at the "goods."

Meanwhile, Gab wore a white linen shirt with a pair of shorts while his hands were chained behind his back. His face was filled with wrath as he got regularly touched by merchants. Enraged by his harassment, Gab tried to threaten the merchants, shaking his chains violently as he bit the gag tightly. But unfortunately, no word left his mouth.

One of them even went so far as to grab him between the legs, and Gab immediately tried head-butting that bastard, only to be hindered by a few slave traders.

As he was filled with shame and rage, the merchant laughed at his actions finding it kinda cute. "That kid is still filled with so much life.~"

'I wish I could fight back somehow,' ran through Gab's mind as his chains rattled. 'I hope Raph isn't facing any sexually harassed.'

Before the auction began, he was linked to a machine, measuring the magic talent one has. But it seems likely that it was not worth talking about since the ones testing him did not comment regarding his talent.

The slaves slowly got taken to the auction stage while different individuals or institutions talked about the slaves. There, a moderator tried to keep the people in a good mood since most people weren't that excited as the first batch of slaves were of low quality.

Nevertheless, the first batch of enslaved people got sold in a group to a magical medicine institute.

Generally, it's said that one should rather die from their experiments than survive them. Those who survive will be dependent on drug cocktails for the rest of their lives while facing all sorts of problems.

Don't even get me started on the other consequences of their experiments, such as rejecting foreign organic implants or being used as guinea pigs for magicians. The magical medicine institute usually bet against the biotechnology institute for the enslaved people.

That Institute had an even worse reputation than the first one because most of one's organs will end up getting replaced while one is being kept alive with even worse drug cocktails that will destroy your body even further.

Slowly Gab was dragged to the stage, and the moderator told the crowd how Gab had strangled a slave driver with his chains. Filled with disgust and hatred, he looked down on everyone.

"This slave," the presenter patted Gab's back as the rattling of his chains grew louder. "was the only one of his group who survived. He crossed the steppe alone while dragging corpses with him. That alone should tell you that he's probably the best choice if you need someone who can weather the worst of the odds," the presented told them before exaggerating further.

"Just look at him. Even after we sedated him, he still got the strength to show his disgust and disrespect to all of you."

People scurried among themselves about whether such a thing was worth buying.

Among the people sat a teenage girl, and she whispered to her butler, "I feel sorry for him. Maybe we should buy him."

"But lady, we didn't come here to look for such a slave," the butler whispered back before bending down.

"But I want him," the girl complained, folding her arms.

"If your father finds out, he will scold you," muttered the butler, hoping to dissuade her.

But the girl begged, "Please, we can hire him as a gardener or train him as a guard."

Narrator: She kinda reminds me of these "I can change him" girls, but continue, my dear Author.

Sighing, the butler conceded, "Well, your budget is 10 gold coins. I am not willing to pay more."

"Thank you," the girl said with a smile.

0