Chapter 2
230 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is the only thing I can do, your highness. I cannot accompany you on your journey. I'm sorry."

I look at the young man wearing leather armor walk away from me after giving me a pouch filled with coins. I don't know who he is, but if this body's memories are correct, he must be the smuggler hired to send me here.

I open the pouch and see at least fifty Dragon Coins inside the pouch. I don't know how much it is worth because I get whatever I want as a prince. Urgh. Can I buy a house with this? Or not? How long can we survive with this amount of money? Dammit. I don't know.

I put the pouch inside my clothes and hid it with a sigh. It is really unfortunate that I did not get an inventory. The gift given to me is not a gamer system like in the novel I once read. No, I did not get any of that.

I only get classes that let me get stronger.

Urgh. Let's forget about that. I need a room for both of us and some food.

~Sometimes later~

After half an hour, I managed to get a room. The inn owner looked at me with raised eyebrows but decided to accept my money nonetheless and give us the room. The owner says that one night will cost me ten silver stag coins or fifteen silver coins per night if I decide to include a meal.

I take two nights with meals.

After tucking Daenerys on the bed, I start to think about the future. I cannot stay in this city. It is too dangerous. I already see some people looking at me like I was a piece of meat. It looks like they know who I am or at least where I am coming from.

Our white hair is very distinct. There are no other white-haired people in the entire continent other than the Targaryen family.

I need some maps and tools. We cannot stay here, and we need to continue to move from city to city if we want to survive. Because of that, I need maps, tools, and weapons. I think a dagger, bow, and arrow will be enough.

I nod my head and pick up Daenerys before walking downstairs. When I get to the first floor, I walk toward the counter and say,

"Excuse me"

"What is it, lad?"

"Where can I buy some weapons? Shortbow and dagger."

I can see the owner look at me with doubt but decide to humor me.

"Weapon? Are you sure? You are just a kid. You will hurt yourself."

"Yes. We did not have any parents left, and I needed to protect my sister."

This is a gamble. By telling him that we are an orphanage, he will know that I did not have an adult that could protect me, but at the same time, I want to get his pity by throwing the orphan option.

I did not want to do this because it was too risky and he did not like using the pity option.

"A few minutes of walking to the north from here. There is a blacksmith that sells good hunting daggers. Not too far away from it, there is a Fletcher that can make a short bow for you. You want to hunt, right?"

I look at him and nod my head. Hunt wild animals and sell them. That is my first option.

"Yes. I intend to hunt a small animal before selling them"

"I know it. If you somehow manage to get a rabbit or small animal, sell them to me. I will buy them from you."

"Really? That is generous of you. Too generous, in fact."

"Heh. That is a good response. Don't worry about it, kid. I will not do anything to you. I just want to help you. I have the same past, my parents died from an ambush, and I need to take care of my sister from a young age. My adopted grandfather takes care of us, and I promise that I will help people who have the same fate as me. My sister will kill me if she knows I did not help you."

"I see. Thank you, sir."

"Call me Vyros, kid. I ain't knight."

I nod my head and give him a grateful smile.

~Three days later~

Working with Vyros is a blessing. Early in the morning, I will get out of the inn and start to hunt in the forest in the west out of the city. With the help of my magic, I can easily hunt a rabbit in the forest.

The Overworked Person that sent me here was kind enough to give me a cantrip. There is no official name, but I will call it that because I did not use my magic to cast it. It was a Prestidigitation,  Mending, Mage Hand and Create Bonfire. Yes, it was the spell from DnD.

Among them, Prestidigitation is something that I really like. It can clean my body, including Dany's poop.

Not only that, but it can also clean the blood inside a corpse. I did not need to wait for half an hour to wait for the corpse to bleed out, and it let me get back home earlier.

Dany stays in the inn under the care of Vyros' wife. She is a lovely lady in her mid-thirty. She has four sons who decide to join the Golden Company, a famous mercenary group in this continent.

Because she did not have any daughter, she decided to adopt Dany as her own. Dany is a cute baby but handling a baby is very tiring. I need to wake up in the middle of the night when I hear her crying after hearing a loud voice of a duel outside the inn.

Speaking of duels, there are too many duels happening in this city. Like there is at least one duel every night.

Not only that, but I also need to cook some baby food for Dany. While Vyros' wife is willing to cook some baby food for me, I want to cook Dany's food myself. My Chef's side job let me ensure Dany grew strong and healthy.

I shake my head and take the five rabbits from the ground before walking toward the inn. While walking out of the forest, I can see someone is following me. I can see their shadow when I take a turn.

I stop and turn around before saying anything.

"You guys can come out now. Your hiding skill sucks."

A few seconds after I say that, I can see five people walk out from behind the tree. I can see a short sword hanging from their belt. I did not see any of them have a bow and arrow. They also did not wear any armor. Either they really underestimate me, or they are incompetent people.

"Heh, you very unlucky boy. You should not have to get out of the town, and now you will become a slave. You are worth a good amount of money."

I take out my dagger when I see them taking out their sword. Dammit, not even a week, and I already get attacked. Here I thought that this medieval time was not as bad as many TV shows portray it to be.

8