Chapter 5
171 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Vy! Vy!"

I smile a little and tickle my little sister. I chuckle a little when I hear her laugh. It has been five months since I arrived in this world, and I must say that I have made a lot of progress. With the help of Vyros, I can buy a house near the inn. The house is not too big but not too small either.

It was a one-floor house with a small garden at the back. It has one bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, and a bedroom.

The house is relatively cheap, according to Vyros. It only cost me thirty Golden Coins, and I have a house under my name. I'm really lucky that the Iron Bank is the one taking care of the paperwork because when Vyros sees my full name, he immediately knows that we are lucky in this purchase.

If it was an individual property, the owner could sell this information to King Robert Baratheon about my whereabouts. That day is also the day that I notice I have a bounty on my whereabouts. I don't know how much, but Vyros said that it should be high enough for people to betray me.

With a new house, I decided to create a new business. I became a baker. I bake bread every morning and sell it to Vyros. Let's just say that it sold out very fast. Because of this reason, Dany and I did not need to worry about our finances anymore.

As for my training… Well, there is a little bit of a problem happening in the past.

~Flashback~ ~3rd POV~

It was around one o'clock in the afternoon, and just like any other day, Viserys appeared in the middle of the slum with his usual clothes, and just like any other day, people were already creating a line for his service.

Just like usual, Viserys heals them as much as he can, and in return, many people give him anything they can gather and have as a payment. Viserys tries to reject the offer, but the people really insist on giving him something.

The day is like a normal day, but it gets interrupted by a group of people walking toward Viserys who are busy healing a man wearing leather armor. This group of seven people looks at Viserys with a sneer before saying.

"So you are the so-called healer, huh? Do you know who owned this territory, kid?! It was owned by us! We are the Seven Red Dagger! And we owned this street! Currently, you are doing business in our territory and it is really bothering us."

One of the men takes out their sword and points it in Viserys' direction.

"Now, we need you to get out of here and…." The man looks at the item behind Viserys and smirks, "leave all of those things behind. It was the payment for your transgression."

Viserys sighs and gets up from the chair provided by the people, and gets ready to leave. He did not see the people around him glaring at the group of people that were threatening him. Viserys did not know that many people in the slum had a debt to him.

They already made a vow for themselves, saying that they would protect him from any harm. They are poor people, they cannot hire a healer, and because of that, many of them fall into sickness or wounds from the fight.

When Viserys comes, they can now survive another day, and they are grateful for that. Some of them even see Viserys as a Saint sent by the Gods to help them. Can you blame them? He comes to the slum, the dirtiest place in Braavos, and heals as many people as he can without asking for payment.

Not only that, but Viserys also decided to clean many people using his Cantrips. The reason why he did it? He learns that he can unlock another cantrip by continuing to train his previous one.

While it did not cost him anything to the people that he cleaned, it was something that they really appreciated. The cost of a bath is not too expensive, but that money can be used to buy food, and to the people in this area, food is more important.

Those people feel indebted toward Viserys and want to repay him. Among those people is a group of rather infamous gang members.

"Seven Red Daggers, huh? You have the nerve to call this part of the city your territory."

The man holding a sword on Viserys' neck looks to the side and sees three people walking toward them. These people are the gang's high-ranking people that are so infamous in this part of the city; the Sealord of Braavos decided to leave them alone as long as they did not cause a massive problem.

"Huh?! Who fuck do you think you are?! Don't you know who I am?!"

While the leader of the group is shouting at the man coming at them, one of his underlings realizes who these people are.

"Boss, I-I think we should get out of here."

"What? Why?" The leader looks at his underling before whispering something into his ears. "We are already paid to do this job and we will be paid more when we are done killing this brat. We, no, I need that money."

"B-But! Boss. That man is something that you did not want to mess with."

"What? Him? He is a nobody."

The leader looked at the three men for a second before sneering at them. However, before he could insult them once again, one of the three men drew their sword and cut off the leader's head in a single swing of his sword.

He swings his sword so fast that not many people can see it.

"This area is owned by us, the Thousand Hands Guild. A mere street rat like you dare to claim that this is your territory? Your life is over."

Not even asking for their leader's order, the other two men draw their swords and kill the rest of the Seven Red Daggers members with ease. They cannot even run away before they cut down.

The leader of the three men looks at Viserys and gives him a small smile before saying.

"I'm sorry for interrupting your work, healer. You don't need to worry about them any longer. You are an honorary member of the Thousand Hands Guild, and we will take care of each other."

~End of Flashback~

So yeah. It looks like I have been healing their members for a month, and they decide to take me under their wings.

After doing my own research, I know that the Thousand Hands Guild is a criminal organization in Braavos. They are one of the biggest criminal groups in Braavos. However, they are not like your regular criminal group.

They are also an information broker. If the House of Black and White is the place if you want to kill someone, but if you want to know about someone in Braavos, you will go to the Thousand Hands Guild. Because of this reason, the Sealord decided to leave them alone as they also used their service.

However, they did not only dwell in the information; they also dealt with assassination. Many rising gangs in Braavos are gone in a single night when they decide to claim territory that is owned by the guild.

I guess training my spell on them is really paying off. Not only do I get protection from an infamous guild, but also my mana reserve increases at a tremendous speed. I can cast a healing spell a hundred times or maybe more. I never test the limit of it because of the time. I only healed people for five hours as I did not want to leave Dany longer than that.

I also manage to create other spells. It was a conjuration spell. I can create a sword that can cut steel with ease with my mana. Not only that, but I can also cast any spellcaster's favorite spell: Fireball.

By imagining a massive ball made of fire, I can create a fireball that will explode when it touches its target. Sadly, I can only cast this twice before I can feel my body get weaker from the mana exhaustion.

"Vy! Vy!"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear Dany calling me.

"Hmmm, what is it, Dany?"

"Ga! Ga!"

"Ah, you are hungry huh? It is time for lunch after all. Let's cook something, okay?"

"Vy!"

I smile at her and walk toward the kitchen. Hmmm, what kind of food should I cook today?

7