Chapter 6
159 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Willem Darry - Loyal Knight of Targaryen||

I finally arrived in the city of Braavos after escaping the Seven Kingdoms. I want to go with his highness Viserys, but I can't do that because a group of Lannister men walk toward the nursery before I can take them out to Braavos.

After giving Prince Viserys to one of the knights that were loyal to the Targaryen family, I needed to help my fellow knight fight the Lannister so they couldn't track his highness' location.

After more than a month, I was finally able to cover all the tracks of his highness, and I finally managed to search for him.

"Urgh"

I grunt as the pain comes from my arms. Those Lannister bastards managed to hurt my arms, and I know that I cannot fully protect his highness with this injury. Because of my injury, I cannot hold a bastard sword and can only hold a short sword from now on.

However, this should be enough to protect him long enough for him to retain the throne from the usurper.

"You know, if you have an injury, you can go to the Ragman Town."

I look at the man standing next to me and says.

"Ragman Town? The slum?"

"Aye. There is a healer coming to that area every afternoon and he is willing to heal you for free. However, be warned, never mess with him. He is using magic and people from your land decide to mess with him saying that he is a cursed witch or something."

"What happened to him?"

"What happened to him? His body disappears, the only thing we get is his head floating in the canal not too far away from this harbour. By the look of it, he went through a very painful experience."

"I see."

"Just remember, magic is accepted in this city, unlike your kingdom."

"I will remember that."

"Good."

Should I go and see this healer? I did not really care about what the Maester and Septons were thinking by saying that magic did not exist while there is evidence around the world saying otherwise. I believe magic exists in this world, but I know that it is something so rare that many people believe it does not exist.

I look at my arms for a few seconds and release a sigh.

"Let's see who this healer is."

~An hour later~

For an hour, I waited in this slum, where I admitted it did not smell as bad as King's Landing. I don't know how long I need to wait, but if the so-called healer does not come, I need to continue on my journey.

I look around while waiting and notice the people start to move. I don't know the reason why they moved, but I decided to follow their example and create a line in the middle of a slum.

I continue to stand for a few seconds, and when I see nothing coming, I look at the woman behind me.

"Excuse me but why are we creating a line?"

"What? You stand without knowing it? The healer will come soon. Do you have any injury you want to heal?"

"Ah, yes. My arms get injured from fighting and I want to try my luck here."

"I see. Then you are really lucky. The healer will heal you up real quick."

"Is that so? Can I ask-"

"Shhh! Here he comes!"

I look at where the woman is looking and see a small figure appear out of thin air. He is wearing a long robe that covers his face and entire body. The robe is pure white with a red line in the middle creating a cross symbol.

I cannot see his face, but I can see white hair coming out of his hood.

I can hear many people screaming and cheering at the healer's arrival. I can even see a group of men bringing him a chair and table for him to use.

"I'm sorry for the wait. As usual, please make sure the most severe patient first, okay? Don't push each other, I will try my best to heal you all."

How polite. Is he a noble-born? But that is impossible; no noble is willing to get close to the dirty common folk.

"Ahhh, healer ~ He is so polite and humble. Always apologising when he arrives even when he is not late and always said he will try his best even when he is doing this for free."

I can hear the woman behind me say that, and I can see the other people nodding in agreement. What kind of person is he? Doing all this for free is something so foreign to me. Even the most pious septons will ask for compensation after they heal someone.

"I hope he loves the fruit from my farm. I want to express my gratitude for healing my legs three weeks ago. If not for him, my family will be gone by now."

I decided to ask the man who was bringing a dozen fruits tied together in front of me.

"Really? Can I ask what is happening to your legs?"

"It was broken because a bull fell down on me. I cannot walk and am always in pain. I did not have enough money to hire from another place. I'm very grateful for what he did. He spent most of his divine energy to heal me."

"Really?"

"Yes! He looks exhausted after healing my broken leg and needs to rest before continuing to heal other people. I will continue to bring anything I think good and give it to him for he is our family saviour."

Broken leg. It should be a death sentence for the common folk, but he managed to heal them, huh? I guess there is nothing wrong with hoping.

~Two hours later~

After waiting for a couple of hours in line, the man in front of me finally managed to reach the healer.

"Ah! Horario! It's been a while."

"You remember me, my Lord?"

"Please, call me a healer. I'm no lord."

I can hear the man chuckling softly at the answer the healer gives him.

"So! What can I do for you today? Are your legs okay? They are not acting up, right? Or do you have other illnesses or injuries?"

"No. There is nothing wrong with me. I came here to give you this."

"You don't have to! I do this for free."

"I know but I want to show my gratitude for your work, O healer. Please take them. They are the fruit that I harvest in my farm."

"I-If you say so. Thank you for the gift."

"You don't need to thank me, my Lord. I should be the one thanking you."

After a few minutes later, the man bowed a little at the healer and walked away from the line. I step forward and sit down on the chair in front of the healer.

"Healer."

"Ah, welcome. Please wait a second."

I nod my head and see him gently place the fruit behind him as if it was something precious. I guess I can see the reason why he is well-liked. He did not throw any of the gifts from the common folk. He accepts them and even thanks them for giving him all of those gifts. That is another thing I notice. He thinks of all those items as a gift, not a payment.

"Sorry for the wait. What can I do for you?"

"Ah. I come here hearing that you can heal a sword wound."

"Of course. Please show me the wound."

I place my right hand and show him the wound I get from the Lannister. I can see his hand glow in golden colour, and slowly but surely, I can feel my hands get healed. I look at him and notice his eyes behind the hood. He has a familiar face and eyes. I know that delicate face and that lilac eyes anywhere.

"Prince Viserys?" I whispered in surprise, "Is that really you?"

I can see the shocked expression on his face when he hears that name.

"S-sir knight? Is that you?"

"Ah! You remember me!"

"Please… Not here, sir. We can talk later."

"Yes. Yes."

I nod my head, and after a few more seconds, my hand can move freely once again without any pain. I give him a bow and walk away from the line. I met my prince, and he is just as kind and wonderful as I thought he was.

I know that the Targaryen family is not over. They are a Dragon, and Dragon did not get defeated easily.

6