Chapter 9
141 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Biam - Guild Master of the Thousand Hands Guild|

We are the Thousands Hands Guild. We are born from the people who raise their hands to the sky asking for help. If there is no one to give us a hand, we will be that hand. We will be a thousand hands who help the hands asking for help.

We are born from the poor, and we will serve the poor.

Sadly, lately, our infamy has become something that prevents us from doing anything good. It was the Sealord. Because of our infamy, he decided to leave us alone, but in exchange, we cannot hire any of the healers in Braavos unless they do it without getting paid.

Now that is the problem. No healer is willing to heal people without getting paid or even healing a small folk who is dirty and stinky.

Slowly but surely, the Thousand Hands Guild started to lose their core members because of how many of our members were injured in the fight to get the information we would sell. Many people think that we are trained individuals, but we are not.

We are a small folk that tries to help other small folks. That is our tenet. Help the other so the other will help you in return.

However, what can a small folk do to a maimed person? None. Even with our best effort, our membership still gets reduced slowly, and in a few years, there will be none.

But all of it changes when a person appears in our territory. He is a young man who has not reached the age of ten. He is the young Viserys Targaryen, the last heir to the Targaryen dynasty.

He healed many of us. He cleaned us. He even gives food to us. He is our saviour. When the darkness slowly swallows the guild whole, he comes and gives us hope. He did not discriminate. He did not demand to be respected. He is humble and always willing to help.

Because of that, we need to pay him with something. We are not rich, we give all of our earthly possession to the poor, and because of that, we can only give him one thing we know of.

Family.

The Thousand Hands Guild is a massive family, and we will protect all of our family members. We will protect them even if we need to give ourselves to protect them, like a father protecting his family from bandits by holding them back while his family runs away.

We will do the same.

So when a group of people decides to attack him, we need to take action. Lannister, the house to our west. A group of people that see small folk as nothing but cattle. We despise their existence. They are nothing but a slaver that hides behind the title of nobility.

They did not see the reason why they have food on their table is because of us who are working in the field. They did not know why they had money because the small folk were working to the brink of death just to pay the taxes they put on us.

We will make sure to make them pay.

They did not know the reason why the Thousands Hands Guild was a dangerous guild. We are everywhere. We exist as long as you have a small folk in your territory. We are the small folk. We are the people who are watching them in the distance. We are not a spy. We are the people who you govern.

"Varos. How is the package doing?"

I look at the man walking next to me.

"They are doing fine, Jentys."

Jentys, the title given to the first leader of the guild from the small folk in this part of Braavos, means leader in the language of Valyrian.

"The gift has been wrapped and ready to be delivered. The next ship that goes to the city of Lannisport will have the gift."

"Good. Make sure it was gifted to Tywin directly. We want to hear him scream in frustration."

"Of course, Jentys."

"Also, I want to know about the situation about the bastard who decided to give the information about our saviour."

"Ah, the other is currently taking care of this situation."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Belaro - Sealord of Braavos|

Today is not a good day. No, today is the worst day of my life. Sitting in front of me was what looked like normal small folk, but it was not. He is a high ranking member of the Thousand Hands Guild, and by the look on his face, I know that he did not come here for pleasure.

"Ah, Vargos. What can I do for you?"

"We come here asking if you have something to do with this."

Vargos placed parchment on the table. I take it and start to read it. As I read the content of the parchment, I could feel my face start to get paler. The letter is about how one of my men decided to inform Westeros men about the real identity of the healer.

I have known about his identity since the time he and his sister stepped into this city. I also wanted to sell this information to the Westeros people, but before I could do that, the Thousand Hands Guild came to my place and informed me that he was one of their own.

I cannot disobey their request unless all of my dirty secrets are known through Braavos, and I will lose my position as the Sealord. They are the people that have the secret of all high ranking persons in Braavos.

They can create a riot if all that information gets out of their mouth. I cannot let them do that, not with me in power.

"I-I see. What do you want me to do?"

"I want him to disappear and tell our oversea friend not to chase after our people."

"Y-You want me to tell the King of Westeros to give up chasing after the Healer?! Do you know how much you ask?!"

"Oh really? Then the information about you having a slave will be spread out like a fire in the dry grassland."

I panicked when I saw him get up and stop him.

"Yes! I will do what you ask me to do! J-Just doesn't let the others know about this."

"You make the right decision, Sealord."

I place my head on the table when I see him walk away from my office. This is a disaster. If the others know that I own a slave, my family and I will be killed or, even worse, tortured for a long time.

I need to wipe them out of this place. However, I need to take care of the idiot who decides to defy my order.

6