Chapter 14
150 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been two days since we boarded this ship. If what the captain said is correct, it takes seven days to go to Myr from Braavos or ten days if the weather is not good.

There are at least one hundred and fifty people on this ship, and all of them are the people that decide to follow me. Most of them are men who I healed from their injuries. Some of them even lose their hands and legs before I regenerate them with my magic.

Sadly, I can only do that kind of miracle once a day as I can feel my mana reserve get strained from it.

There are also women and a child among them. While most of the passengers are men, there are women and children on board as well. I think the ratio is 55% men, 45% women and 5% children.

I'm lucky that not all the people from Ragman's Town are coming with me. Even with only this much, our supply gets depleted at a fast rate. Lucky for me, the guild took care of it. We will stop at a coastal village today to buy more supplies.

"Pirate!"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear a man shout from the crow nest. I can see the captain get out of his cabin and quickly go and take the wheel.

"Where?!"

"West! And coming fast!"

"What kind?!"

I can see the man on the crow nest using his telescope and see the ships coming at us. A second later, he looked at us and shouted.

"Lyseni pirate!"

"Dammit!"

I see the captain shouting something to the crew, and I can see the crew start to move around at a fast pace. It looks like the devil chases them. I look at Ser Willem and say.

"Why are they panicking at the mention of the Lyseni pirate?"

"Because the Lyseni pirate is one of the most dangerous pirates in the Narrow Sea and Summer Sea. The only one who can defeat them is the Ironborn."

"That is bad."

I know about the Ironborn and how they are the strongest pirates in this world. They are one of the strongest naval powers in the world.

I give Dany to Ser Willem and say.

"Ser Willem, please take her to the other midwife inside the cabin. Tell them to take care of her. Get back here when you are finished."

"Yes, my prince."

After passing her to Ser Willem, I quickly run toward the other side of the ship and see that the pirate is quickly approaching us.

"Dammit!" I can hear the captain shout in frustration. "The wind is on their side. We are too heavy to outrun them. Prepare to fight! We will fight!"

I quickly run toward the armoury, put on some leather armour, and then take one of the swords. I quickly get out of the armoury and see the ship get ever so close to us. I can see twelve longships coming at us.

I spread my magic and see that the ship is still too far for my range of magic. I take a deep breath, imagine what kind of magic I want, visualise the effect of my magic, and compress it inside a magic circle before making it a reality.

I can see a magic circle appear underneath the sea in front of the ship that is coming at us. I'm really fortunate that the waves cover the magic circle really well. When the ship gets inside my magic circle, I snap my finger, and suddenly a torrent of water shoots out from underneath the ship and destroys the ship in half.

"Fire!"

The archers fired their arrows at the incoming ships. Some of them managed to hit their target, but most did not even reach the incoming ship.

What should I do? I cannot cast more spells like before. It takes a good amount of mana. I look at the archer next to me, and I get an idea.

"You! You! And You! I need you to directly aim at the ship! You don't need to worry about your arrow not reaching its target. I will take care of it."

Instead of doubting my words, the archer that I chose nodded their head and aimed at the ship directly instead of using a curve shot technique. I take a deep breath and enchant their arrow using my magic.

A second later, three arrows sail through the air and hit the pirate who braves (Stupid) enough to stand at the ship's bow doing a warcry.

By doing this, I can do damage while also preserving my mana reserve.

"Another!"

We continue to fire the arrow. A few minutes later, the ship gets closer, and I know that they are ready to board our ship.

"Get ready for boarding!"

The crew and I take out our swords and get ready to fight.

"I will watch your back, my prince."

I nod at Ser Willem and take a deep breath. When I see the hook get into the edge of the ship, I point my finger at the pirate, who starts climbing and creates a magic missile.

A ball of energy hits them and makes them fall. I quickly take the hook and put it away. I continue to cast magic missiles at the pirate that is climbing on my side for a few minutes before I hear a shout coming from my back.

"Die you pirate cunt!"

I look at my back and see the pirate already on board from the other side, and I can also see the pirate coming from the bow. The pirate shouted a warcry and started to charge at me. I block the incoming attack with my sword and conjure a small knife near his neck before pushing it inside his throat.

"Argh!"

I grunt in pain as I feel something stab me in the back. I look back and see an arrow stab me. I clap my hands, and suddenly a hundred spears made of mana appear in the air.

"Take this you bastard!"

6