Chapter 15
124 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a flick of my hand, the spear hit its target and killed many of the pirates. I can hear the pirate shout something about a sorcerer and shoot me with an arrow. I take a deep breath, and a second later, a thick barrier appears around me, just in time to block a hail of arrows coming at me.

I look at the archers that stay in their boat and extend my hand at them. I can feel a big chunk of mana being drained, and a second later, a hundred tentacles made of water appear from the ocean and stab them through their chest.

I can see the biggest ship not too far away from our ship start to turn.

"Like hell, I would let you escape!"

I concentrate and ignore all the attacks coming at me. I visualize a cage made of mana, visualize the magic circle to maintain this spell, and then make it into reality. A minute later, a massive magic circle appears underneath the ship, and a cage made of mana appears around it.

I can see the captain of the ship shouting something, but I decide to ignore it. They cannot get out of their prison unless they have a cannon or another magic user on their side.

I look at the other pirates fighting this ship's crew and see them slowly winning. I spread my arms and cast a healing spell. I use the same healing spell to heal the people in Ragman's town, but I changed its nature into an area of effect spell this time.

I can feel another big chunk of my mana get taken from me, but I can see my men start to get healed a second later. The most severe injury starts to heal up, and they are filled with new vigour.

"Haaa Haaa"

I release a tired sigh as I feel my mana reserve is in critical condition. Even with the magic circle, the prison spell I cast earlier still takes a massive chunk of my mana.

"My prince!"

I look at Ser Willem kneeling next to me with an expression of worry. I can see his sword is covered in blood, and his armour has a tear on it from the sword and arrow.

"Are you alright?!"

"Y-Yes. Just a little bit tired from casting the last spell. Give me a minute, and I'm good to go."

I can see Ser Willem hesitate for a second before nodding his head and continuing to fight the pirate that tries to get inside the ship's cabin, where many people stay, including my little sister. I walk toward the door that leads to the cabin and sits down in front of the cabin.

I take a deep breath and start to absorb the mana in the air and filter it through my body. I can feel my mana reserve slowly filling up, but my concentration is broken when I see one pirate manage to get out of the battlefield and run toward me.

I frown a little and cast Mage's Hand and grab his feet. As he falls to the ground, I conjure a dagger made of mana and stab his throat.

While waiting for my mana to fill up, I cast my cantrips to help my men fight the pirate.

"Firebolt"

"Firebolt"

"Ray of Frost"

"Ray of Frost"

"Hup, Shield."

Besides my cantrips, I also cast a shielding spell to block the attack that my men could not see. The fight lasts for ten minutes, and we manage to kill every single pirate on our ship. After fighting, I walk toward the people who are injured and start healing to heal them.

After another ten minutes of healing, I look at the captain and say.

"Captain, how many casualties do we have?"

"Three, healer. Because of you, we only lost three men."

"I see… Treat their bodies with care. Clean them and put them on new clothes, then I will preserve their body so they can last until we reach land. We will give them a proper burial."

"Yes, healer."

"Also, prepare a boat. We need to take care of the other one."

I look at the large ship in the distance and see the captain nod his head.

~Ten minutes later~

As we arrive in front of the magical cage I created, I see my men taking out their weapons and preparing to fight the pirate on board. Before opening a little bit of the barrier, I take a deep breath and cast a barrier to every single one of them.

When I create a little bit of a hole in the barrier and order my men to get closer to the ship, we are greeted by a hail of arrows. However, the arrow cannot penetrate the barrier. Seeing no harm come to them, my men quickly get close to the ship while I close the hole so the other cannot run away.

After closing the hole, I follow my men climbing the rope and get on board. I can see them killing as many pirates as they can. After getting on board, I joined them in the fight. I push my mana to my arms and legs before charging at the enemy.

I push a little bit of my mana into my swords before swinging it down to the pirate, who tries to run away. I notice that they know this is a hopeless battle and try to either run away or take at least one of my men to the grave with them.

It did not take long for my men to kill all of the pirates on this ship.

"Do you know who he is, captain?"

I see the captain kneel next to the pirate captain's body for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"Nay. I don't know who he is; I think he is a new face. He did not have that much equipment and men in his main ship for an old-timer."

"I see. Do you-"

"Healer! Captain!"

I look at one of the men running toward me before saying.

"What is it?"

"Sir! Slave! A lot of them."

I can see the captain grit his teeth in anger, and I decide to ask the man.

"Take me there."

"Yes, healer"

Ser Willem, the captain, and I walk toward the inner place of the ship. After walking for a few seconds, I was greeted by a cage. Row upon row of cages inside the ship, and what makes me grit in anger is the inside of the cage.

Humans.

They are a group of humans that will be branded as a slave by these pirates. Without thinking twice, I quickly destroy the lock of the cage using my magic. One by one, the cage opens up, and the slave looks at us with hope in their eyes.

"Tell the other to send another boat! Please help me get the injured out of the cage! I will heal them. Also, search if there is alcohol on this ship!"

"Yes, healer!"

7