Chapter 16
135 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the map on the table and think really hard.

"Captain, which place do you think has the higher chance of us not getting noticed."

"As much as it pains me to say this, Lys will be the safest island we can visit and maybe stay on."

After killing all the pirates and taking over their ship, we manage to secure a good amount of rations and a massive pile of gold. However, by taking the soon-to-be slave into our ship, we need that ration to feed them.

In the end, we need more food if we want to go to Myr, but if we want to go there, we will encounter some problems.

"We cannot get to Myr because the ship is painted with Lys' colour. Myr and Lys are not on the most friendly terms at the moment."

That. That is the problem we currently have. We cannot go to Myr without their soldiers noticing us.

"However, if we go to Lys, we can blend in and use the Stepstones as a cover. Lys and Stepstone are on good terms with each other. We can go through that chain of islands and sail to Lys."

"I see. Because of the paint of our ship, we can sneak around Myr and arrive in Lys. However, there is one problem. Where should we stay? With this amount of people on our ship, we need a large place to stay."

"Don't worry about it, Healer. The Guild have their nest in Lies. The island in the south of Lys is called the Vlaros or the Bedridden in the Valyrian language."

"Why is it called that?"

"Because the people on this island are nothing but the people who are sick, the people who receive severe punishment from the government of Lys and the people who are too poor to stay on the main island."

That means another slum, huh? I don't really mind it.

"I see. I guess we can go to Lys instead of Myr. I hear Lys has more Valyrian descent than even Myr. I guess I can hide in there for the time being."

"Very well, Healer. I will notify the others about our change of direction."

"You do that. I need to check the others and see if they are doing fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Selina, the daughter of Beryl and the former citizen of Duskendale, takes a bite of her meal and releases a tear from her eyes. She never thought that she would be freed from her shackles and chains after getting captured by the pirate.

She still remembers how she got captured and how her family got killed by the pirate. She and her family want to go to Storm's End from Duskendale to meet her soon to be husband, but before they can reach Storm's End, a group of pirates attack their ship and capture her.

She is one of the first prisoners they captured. She continues to sit inside the dark place and sees as the cage around her gets filled one by one. She can see many women and men get captured and imprisoned.

She can see them crying, praying, and shouting for help, but they soon lose their hope, just like her. Their eyes just become like her, devoid of hope and only filled with despair.

However, it soon changes when she meets him. Her saviour. The man who rescued them from the darkness. She still remembers the silver hair that glowed in the dark and the beautiful purple eyes that looked at her in concern.

It was like seeing an angel being sent by the Seven that is One.

She can remember his warm hands touching her body and healing all of her wounds. She can remember how many people were crying and thanking him for what he had done to them. She still remembers she also does the same.

Selina snaps from her thoughts when she sees many people start to whisper at the same time and feel a group of people running to the door.

As her eyes land on the door, she quickly gets up from the floor and walks toward the man who arrives inside their room. It was Viserys.

Like the other people in this room, she tries to touch him and feel their saviour. It was as if touching him would get them blessed by the gods.

After half an hour of checking if they are okay, Viserys looks at them and says.

"I have an announcement to make. I know you want to get back and see your family once again, but at the moment, I cannot bring you back to your home. Right now, we do not have enough supply to bring you back home and not only that, we are in the sea where many pirates are searching for a target."

He can see the others nodding their heads in understanding.

"Because of that, we decide to go to Lys, and before you say something, there are places where the slaver will not notice us, and you did not need to worry for me to sell you as a slave. I promise upon my soul that I will not sell you and make you a slave."

Viserys did not notice it, but his entire body glowed a little as he said that. The people who already think of him as their saviour start to think that he is an angel sent by the gods to rescue him.

Viserys notices that something is happening inside his body, but he decides to ignore it at the moment.

"Because of that, please trust me in this matter, and I will promise you that I will return you to your home."

Viserys was afraid that they were unwilling to go to the island where they would be branded as slaves and demanded he returns them back to their home. However, he did not know that these people had already trusted him fully.

Those who lose hope finally see someone willing to help them, and when that person says that he will help them get back home, but they need to stop at the heart of the pirate's home; they will trust him to deliver his promise.

Seeing the people here agreeing with his decision, Viserys thanks them once again and walks away from the inner cabin before walking toward his own cabin. He needs to meditate to see what has changed inside of him.

He can feel that his mana reserve has tripled than before, and he already has knowledge that should not be there.

7