Chapter 20
180 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

"It is disgusting."

Viserys looked at Bakir sitting next to him and raised one of his eyebrows before saying.

"Discarding the life of their fellow human as if it was trash. The smallfolk like us did not want much. We only wanted to be treated with care. We only want to live and have our own family. However, they decided to kidnap us from our homes and enslave us. They treated us as if we were nothing but a tool for them. If only we can defeat them and abolish the slavery in the land of Lys."

Bakir looks at Viserys with eyes of hope. When Viserys sees this, he grimaces a little and releases a sigh. Viserys decides to crush his hope before it can grow into something too big for him to handle.

"Sadly, Lys is too fortified for us to attack. Their naval power is second to none in the Free Cities. While their land force is not much, their naval power is what makes them dangerous. If we cannot land our troops there, we cannot do much."

When he sees Bakir's disappointed face, he knows that he is saying the right thing.

"IF. What do you need to do, my lord, if you want to take over Lys?"

Viserys looks at Bakir for a moment before releasing a sigh. He decides to humour Bakir and says.

"Lys is a place that cannot be attacked from the outside. We need to start from the inside."

"How?"

"The people. You need to ignite the sense of freedom from the people of Lys. I know most of their population is slaves. Take the heart of the enslaved person, spread the rumour about how their master will kill them to cut the food supply because of a famine."

"Famine… I see."

"Yes. The other guild member says that the main island of Lys has experienced a famine. We need to take the heart of the people. Promise to give them food they need, promise them to heal their loved ones and promise them freedom. The higher power in Lys did not know that the small folk were the reason why they were still in power."

"I-I see."

What Viserys says does the opposite thing he wants. Instead of discouraging Bakir, it makes him even more zealous in his goal to make Viserys the true ruler of Lys. At this moment, Lunaria is already self-sufficient on its own.

Bakir agrees with Viserys that they cannot beat Lys in a frontal battle. Lunaria did not have the same number of troops as Lys. Currently, they can only raise about a hundred people at maximum.

They are personally trained by Ser Willem and the people from the Thousand Hands Guild, but they cannot win against that many odds despite the saying, Quality beats Quantity.

However, if they can create civil unrest within the mainland of Lys, they can get more fighters to their cause. Not only that, but Bakir also knows how to do it.

"If that opportunity comes, will you lead us?"

"Lys Liberation Army?"

"Lys Liberation Army… Yes. That is a good name."

Viserys looks at Bakir for a few seconds before nodding his head.

"If the people want, I don't mind."

Viserys said it as a joke as he did not think that Bakir and the guild could create a massive Liberation front in a decade at least. While there was a famine, Viserys thought that the slaver would feed their slave because he heard that Lyseni cared more for their slave than any other place. He thought that it would take a long time for them to gather enough men to make a Liberation army.

Well, as long as you are not defective according to them.

"I feel that the people are eager to follow you, my lord. You are their lord, after all. You are the one giving them a second chance. They are willing to die in your stead."

"I really wish they did not do that. They need to think about their life more. I'm not that important for them to give their life."

"And you should think about yourself, my lord!"

Bakir stood and looked Viserys right in the eyes. He has a serious expression while looking at his lord.

"You are our lord. You are the head of this entire body. If you die, the entire body will die. We are your sword and shield. We are the ones to protect you. We are willing to be abandoned if it means for you to survive. You give us a second chance, you give us life and more importantly, you give us hope for a better future."

Bakir kneels next to Viserys and says.

"You are our Lord, our saviour, and more importantly, our king."

The people that hear Bakir's speech also start to kneel in front of Viserys. One by one, women, men, the elderly or even a child kneel in front of Viserys.

Seeing the people in front of him, Viserys sighs a little. He can see Ser Willem smiling from ear to ear and has a proud expression. An expression of a father that is proud of his child's achievement.

"Very well. I will be your leader, your lord, and your king."

After he said that, the people smiled brightly and started to cheer. Today is the day when the Kingdom of Lunaria is born. Today is the day Viserys officially accepts his title as a king.

9