Chapter 24
144 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Lintos - Magister of Lys|

Everything went to shit. We thought it would be an easy fight, and we could finally claim the Disputed Land as our own, but that blasted Myr decided to hire the Golden Company. That blasted city chose to hire ALL of the Golden Company to push both Tyrosh and us.

Unsullied after unsullied has been sent to the disputed island, but it was not enough even then. The other side comes prepared. They have the food, equipment and strategy to counter our troops.

We need to gather more food so our troops can last longer in that land. We cannot let Myr take the land when we are so close to getting them.

"Take this letter. This is my order to you. Take as much food as you can from the merchant and the smallfolk. Tell them the magister will compensate them when the war is over."

"Yes, sir!"

I can see my bodyguard walk away from my office. I take a bottle of wine and pour it inside the glass. I know the smallfolk are already grumbling about not having enough food, and we brought their harvest at a very low price.

I don't really care. It was their duty. They should feel honoured to serve us, the magister. They are nothing more than smallfolk. They are nothing but servants to us. They should serve us until the end of time.

Our lives are more important than theirs, and they should feel honoured when the time we decide to sell them as a slave to the other city because their master, us, command them to do.

"You, take this to my right-hand man."

Speaking of selling them as a slave… I passed another letter to my other bodyguard. It was a letter saying he could sell a few servants in my house. The servant in my house is a freeman, but it was all a lie.

They are nothing but a slave with a different name. We, the Magister, will always be the master of all the smallfolk in Lys. They are nothing but a slave to us, even when they have a different title.

|Iaran - Ferryman of Lunaria|

I smile a little and pat the head of the little girl in front of me.

"You don't need to worry, dear. Our lord can help you. His holy light will wash over you, and you will be cured of all your illness."

"Really?"

I hold my tears from flowing down out of my eyes when I see the pair of broken eyes looking back at me. This little girl had an illness that scarred her face, and the slave trader did not want her any longer.

Just like the unwanted, they are being sent to Lunaria.

"Of course, child. You did not have anything to worry about, for our Lord will ease the pain you have experienced."

"B-But the other said that I will be left alone there to die because Vlaros is a place for the sinner like me."

"Lunaria, dear."

"Huh?"

"Vlaros is no more. The name of the island is now called Lunaria. It means the reflection of the moon. Also, you did not need to worry about it. Lunaria has changed since Lord Viserys took over. His gentle yet firm hand changed the land into something beautiful. His magic creates miracles that not even the so-called sorcerer can do. It became heaven instead of hell it once was."

"Really?"

"Aye."

I smile once again and give her another gentle rub on her head. After another few hours, we arrived at the port of Lunaria. I can see many people gathering around to help the soon to be citizens of Lunaria.

Among those people is our lord and saviour, Lord Viserys. I can see him standing among us, the smallfolk, with his kind smile. On his hand is the little princess, Lady Daenerys. Since I came here because I heard there is a healer on this island, I have become a believer.

A believer that soon Lord Viserys becomes the lord of the entire Lys and soon Lys truly becomes a FREE City. When the time has come, the time when we take our freedom, I will fight because that is the right thing to do.

That is the least I can do for his help in healing my family.

5