Chapter 26
94 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can you tell me that one more time?"

I look at the people in front of me with a frown on my face.

"The people of Lys are revolting, my lord. After hearing your exploit, they want to change the ruler. They take arms and are ready to take their freedom."

"I'm afraid you will say that."

I release another tired sigh and rub my forehead. I can already feel the headache coming.

"You want me to take the lead in this, right?"

"Yes. The people need a just ruler and bring them the freedom they sought after."

I hate this. I hate an offer that I cannot reject. If I reject this, I will lose the people's hearts, and the people of Lys will fight for their freedom and lose or, the worse option, they will win. If they win, they will land their sight on this island and me.

This is just like the French Revolution. If they win, they will blame any noble-born for their suffering because nobles are the ones that make them suffer, and nobles are also the ones who are not willing to help them.

There is only one correct answer, and that answer is being forced on me.

After thinking about it for a few seconds, I release another breath before looking at my only knight.

"Ser Willen, tell the others to prepare. We will ride to battle."

"Yes, your highness."

"Also, tell the people in the dock to prepare the ship."

"I will do it at once."

I then look at the Thousand Hands Guild members and my advisor.

"Bakir, tell the guild to hold the smallfolk. We need to remain hidden until we are ready. We need to be like thunder, fast and destructive. We need to strike with all of our force at once before they can gather their force."

"Yes, my King."

"Good. Also, spread a rumour about Myr getting weaker and Lys only needed the last push to kick Myr from the Disputed Land. We want them to send all their force to the Disputed Land before we strike."

"Of course! The guild will do what you say."

"Good! Then go. We have a war to win."

After seeing them walk away from my office, I put my head on the table. I'm tired. I need my Danyrium fix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

The people of Lunaria are busy. They are more active than usual. They already hear it. They already hear the call from their king. The call of Liberation. When their king calls for war, they will raise the call.

However, when they hear it was a call for war against slavery? They immediately stand up and prepare. They are not only fighting against a group of humans. They fight against a system that they hate. They fight against slavery. They fight for Freedom.

An older man in his sixties prepares to fight, a young man who just reached his adulthood of fifteen years old prepares to fight, and if not for the words of their kings, the boy under fifteen will be joining the fight.

"Place that arrow there! Yes, put them at the entrance."

The Master of the Sea gives an order to the people carrying supplies, weapons and ammo inside the ship.

"Sir, what about the horse?"

The Master of the Sea looks at the young man standing not too far away from him and says.

"Why in the bloody hell do we need to take a horse now? I know you are young and want to get some action but we will not depart now. We will go in seven days."

"Oh…"

"Aye. Now help the other move that bloody smoked meat!"

"Yes, sir!"

He sighs a little before continuing to check the list of items needed. While Viserys' advisor tells him that they don't really need much food because they will not need a long siege. However, after hearing his reason, the other advisor relented.

Viserys wants to bring a large amount of food with him and his army because he wants to feed the people of Lys. Viserys intends to take the heart of the people that will soon fight for him and with him even when the others have already told him that they would fight him without him doing that.

He wants to win the war and the hearts of Lee's people. He wants the people of Lys to not rebel, just like what happened to the Seven Kingdoms.

However, without him knowing it, his intention is seen as a different thing by the people of Lys.

6