Chapter 27
96 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Lintos- Magister of Lys|

I open my mouth and bite the juicy apple given to me by the beautiful slave next to me. This is life—the life of the rich.

Today is a great day. With the news that Myr has run out of money to pay the Golden Company, I and the other magister sent all of our unsullied to the Disputed Land. We also hire every mercenary we can that stays in Lys to take the Disputed Land.

Finally, we can take that damn land. Our influence will spread, and soon we will rule over all Free Cities. It will take generations, but I will make sure it happens. I will ensure that my line will be the ruler of all Free Cities.

*BOOM*

I snap from my thoughts when I hear a loud voice coming from outside. I quickly run to the balcony and widen my eyes when I see a massive amount of ships sailing toward Lys. As they get closer, I can hear it once again.

It was the sound of a war drum.

As they get closer, I can now hear it. I hear the lyrics they sing.

"As a child, you would wait."

"And Watch from far away."

"But you always knew that you would be the one."

"That works while they all play."

*BOOM*

I shiver a little when I hear the sound of a horn being blown. I can hear it. The sound of the drum gets louder and louder.

"Here we are, Don't turn away friends."

"We are the warriors that bled for freedom."

I shiver a little when I hear that phrase. I can listen to their anger, their pain and their sadness. I don't know what is happening, but I know that my eyes are playing tricks on me.

Instead of a row upon row of ships, I cough a glimpse of a snarling dragon flying toward me. That dragon is massive with a majestic purple scale that shines under the sun.

"Here we are, don't turn away, friend."

"We are the warriors that bled for freedom. For freedom."

I finally snap from my thoughts and quickly run toward the door. I need to get away from here! I need to get away and hide. However, mark my words. They will pay for this. I will be back and take what is mine.

I know that I cannot win this fight as all of our force is in the other land, but I swear I will be back. I will be back and punish that upstart who tried to take the ancient seat of the Magister of Lys.

I will torture them! I will take their eyes and make them a necklace! I will cut their heads and hang them on the door of my mansion! I swear.

"Master"

"What?! Can't you see I'm busy?!"

I feel one of the sex slaves put her gentle arms around my neck. If not for the situation, I would ravage this woman, but now is not the time.

"Unhand me woman! I need to get out of here."

"Ah, master. We cannot let it happen."

"What?"

Before I knew it, cold steel travelled across my neck.

"Our shackle has been broken. Freedom has come."

The last thing I see is her beautiful smile, which smiles sweetly at me—the smile of a devil who just reaps another soul for his collection.

6