Chapter 29
97 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Vorian - Magister of Myr|

"We come here to discuss the fall of Lys."

The news about the Liberation of Lys has spread far and wide. The city of Myr is one of them. I can already hear the people of Myr grumbling about how the people of Lunaria (Lys' new name) will come to Myr and take away their slaves.

Unlike Lys, most of the citizens of Myr are slaves. There is at least ten times the number of enslaved people in this city than the freeborn. One freeborn in Myr will at least have three slaves in their house. With three freeborn in one place, at least nine slaves will be inside the house.

The people are afraid that the new kingdom will spread their freedom ideals.

"We should attack them before they can stabilize their power!"

I can hear the other magister agree with this proposal and agree with this plan. However, there is one problem.

"And how do we do that? Remember that we are almost running out of money. Golden Company is expensive, and with the previous magister of Lys pushing their unsullied in the Disputed Island, we need to pay them extra for their service."

When I said that, I could see my fellow magister had a frown on his face. A massive number of Unsullied is the force that can make even the Golden Company have a hard time. Even with their elephant, the unsullied can kill a few of the gigantic animals.

"No. We did not need to hire the Golden Company. We only need to hire the other sellsword company."

"And what about Volantis?" While looking around the room, I ask them, " They have yet to move, and we cannot move without them taking over the Disputed Land."

I see them start to think about this problem. Before they could say something stupid, I decided to offer a plan.

"What about we allied with the Volantis? And before you say something, Volantis will also be worried about the people of Lunaria" I say that name with a sneer, "We can ask them to join hands for a moment and take care of that upstart kingdom."

I hate the people who try to topple the tradition that has stood tall since ancient times. There is a reason why that said tradition manages to survive to this day.

I look around and see my fellow magister nodding their head, agreeing with my plan.

"Then, will we use this plan?"

"Aye!"

All the magicians agree with my plan.

"With this over, we should talk about the sellsword we need to hire."

By the end of the day, we agreed to hire at least three hundred men from across Essos. I already volunteered to build the ship needed to go to Lys. If all of us can gather all the men needed, we can gather at least six thousand men ready for war.

Combine it with the army from Volantis… This will be an easy battle.

4