Chapter 30
205 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I put the log down and released a tired breath. It has been three days since the Liberation of Lys, and it was truly a busy day.

Because of the famine going on, I need to use my magic to create a runic stone to make the land super fertile for the next three years before it gets back to its original state. In its current state, it will increase the plant's growth planted in the soil by two hundred per cent.

However, at the moment, we still did not have enough food to feed all the people in the short term, and because of that, I decided to use the money we got from the Magister's mansion to buy some food from the Summer Isle.

The ship should arrive a few days from now.

Anyway, I did not have enough time to train my magic because I was busy taking care of the newly built Lunaria kingdom and playing with Dany. What? Do you think I will not spend my time with Dany just because I need to rebuild a city? No! I will choose Dany over this city.

Today and the next day is my day off from governing this city, and I decide to use my time training my magic. The first thing I want to do is to increase the zone of my gravity field and how much weight it can carry.

Right now, I can carry a hundred and twenty-kilogram items but only for a minute at max.

"A hundred and twenty, huh? Can I finally use this spell to make myself fly?"

I concentrate and let the gravity zone surround me. A second later, I'm floating above the ground. I could feel my mana slowly consumed, but it was not as bad as the log. I slowly land on the ground and release another breath.

Holy shit. I can already feel some burning feeling inside of me. A little bit longer, and I will be unconscious. Mana depletion sucks and hurts.

"Vy! Vy!"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear Dany's voice. As I looked to the left, I couldn't help but smile brightly before couching down with open arms. A few seconds later, Dany tackled me.

However, before I could hug her back, she got away from me and pinched her nose.

"Vy stink!"

"Hahahaha. I'm sorry, Dany. Let me take care of it. Prestidigitation."

My body shines a little, and suddenly all of the sweat on my body disappears.

"There we go."

"Yay!"

I get tackled once again, and this time I hug her back. I spin her around for a few seconds before putting her down.

"Again! Again!"

"Maybe later, Dany."

"Huh? Why?"

I held myself back from patting her head when she tilted her head like that. She is just that cute.

"Because there is someone who wants to meet me."

I look at a group of people walking toward the training ground. While I did not know most of these people, I knew one of them. He is the man who told me to get out of Braavos. I think his name is Herios? I forget his name with all the problems that continue to arrive on my lap.

"Muuuu"

"Ah, you don't need to puff your cheek like that, Dany. What about eating some cookies? I baked it for you."

"Cookies?!"

"Yup."

"Yay!"

I smile a little, pick her up, and then walk toward my new guests. I give them a polite smile and say.

"Welcome to my place, I'm sorry, but this place did not have a name. Anyway," I looked at the woman leading them here and said, " Please lead them to the meeting room and also make sure to prepare some food and drink."

The woman bowed her head and said.

"Of course, Your Highness."

I nod my head and look back at my guests.

"Please follow her to the meeting room. I will meet you in a few minutes. I need to change my clothes."

"Cookies"

I kiss Dany's forehead with a smile.

"And give her some cookies."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Ferrego looked around the room and hummed a little. It's been a while since he's been in Lys, and he must say that there are so many changes happening to this place. The first change he notices is that there are no longer slave markets in this city.

The last time he went here, he could see so many slave markets that it made him want to throw up. Now, he can see many people walking around with a smile on their faces as if someone had lifted an enormous weight.

It was a sight that he liked.

"Qarro, what do you think of this place?"

His guardian looked at him while chewing the snack prepared for them.

"Free."

"Pardon?"

"This place is finally free. I can see it and feel it. It is very different from the time when I was born here."

Ferrego nods his head as he just remembers that his First Sword of Braavos is the formerly enslaved person coming from Lys. Before he gets branded by the slaver, he and a bunch of people get away from this city and arrive in Braavos.

Qarro spends his time growing up hunting pirates and slaves sailing near Braavos. For every successful hunt, his reputation grew, and before he reached the age of thirty, Ferrego decided to offer him a job as his First Sword of Braavos.

"I see. I guess this place deserves the title of Free City after all, unlike the others."

"Aye. I can also see that people are happy even when the food is scarce."

"That is one thing I did not understand. Why? Why didn't they get angry when the food  was scarce."

Qarro swallows the food down and says.

"Because they trust their lord."

"Pardon?"

Qarro looks at the window for seconds before saying.

"They trust that lad. They know that he will fulfil his promise. From the whispers around the city, he fulfils his previous promise and even does more. He did not only give them freedom, but he also brought back their family who is on the brink of death."

Ferrego nodded his head. He knows that Viserys is a magician, and he does not really mind as, in Essos, Magician is a job that is not too uncommon. However, he never meets a magician who is not evil or greedy.

He hesitated a little bit when he heard the new ruler of Lys is a magician, but after hearing that said magician is the healer of Ragnar, and after seeing the people of Lunaria are happy, he decided to meet Viserys in person.

"Sorry for making you wait."

Ferrego snaps from his thoughts and sees Viserys walk inside the room. However, he is not alone. He is carrying a child in his arms, and following behind him are two men. They are Ser Willem, his guard and Bakir, his advisor.

After taking a seat on the opposite side of Ferrego, Viserys smiles and says,

"So! What can I do for you?"

5