Chapter 34
82 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can see the servant placing a plate of cookies on the table for Rhae and Dany. I look at Ser Jon Connington.

"So, can I ask how you survive, my lord? I didn't mean to offend you, but all the news I hear regarding my brother's child is that they all die from the sacking of King's Landing."

"We survive with the help of the Spider. He manages to switch princess Rhaenys with a look from the Flea Bottom."

The spider? Why in the nine hell did he want to help my family? I know he is not loyal to my family. Bakir and the Thousand Hands Guild already confirm this. He only cares for himself and nothing else.

I slowly nodded my head and said.

"I see. I'm glad you two survived, and I will make a feast to welcome you, but sadly, you guys come at the worst time."

"Can I ask why my prince?"

"Your Highness."

Before I could say something, Ser Willem decided to interrupt us.

"Pardon me?"

"Your Highness. He became the king of the Lunaria Kingdom, and he deserves a higher title."

"I see. I'm sorry, Your Highness. I still see you as the prince of the seven kingdoms."

I release a tired sigh and say.

"Don't mention it. Anyway, you come here at the worst time because we are in wartime."

"War? Against who?"

"Tyrosh, Myr and Volantis. They make an alliance between themselves. Their goal? Destroy Lunaria. They are afraid the slave in their possession will rebel against them and decide to make an example."

I can see him stay silent for a few seconds before saying.

"Let me join you, your highness. "

"Are you sure? You did not need to get involved in our fight."

"What are you talking about, Your Highness? Even when your father is dead, I'm still the knight to the Targaryen family. As long as Targaryen still exist in this world, I will serve them until my end comes."

I look at him for a second and take a glance at Ser Willem and see him smiling, agreeing with his words.

"Very well. Talk to Ser Willem about your position and your new equipment. I still need to check the progress before we can launch our attack."

"Thank you, Your Highness. I will not disappoint you."

I nod my head and head toward Rhae and Dany, who are eating the cookies with a smile on their face. I pat them on the head and say.

"Dany, Rhea. I need to get out for a moment. Be a good girl and don't cause any problems, okay?"

"En!"

"Where do you want to go, uncle?"

I pat Rhae's head for a second before saying.

"Just checking something. I will be back, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I promise. Be a good girl, okay?"

"En!"

"That's good."

I get up and say.

"Ser Willem, please take care of Ser Jon for a while. I need to check the progress and have some talk with the Master of Ship and the Admiral."

"Of course, your highness."

I nod my head and walk out of the mansion.

~Sometimes later~

"I'm sorry for the wait, my lord, but I'm so busy at the moment training my men and checking the ship. What can I do for you?"

"Don't mention it. Anyway, the reason why I came here is to discuss the strategy we use to attack."

"Why don't we bring the war into them? Attack their place before they could attack us."

"No can do."

"... Can I ask why?"

"We did not want to be seen as a conqueror. We did not want the other Slave Cities to join the war. Unlike Tyrosh, Myr and Volantis, Qohor and Norvos have their own army, not only Sellswords. If they decide to join the fight, we cannot last long."

"I see. Then what are you suggesting?"

"Attack them when they are getting out of their docks. I need the help of the guild in this operation. I want them to spread rumours about our enemies making an alliance and attacking us. Make the other cities' states think that they are the wannabe conqueror and not us. Make it seem that we are the victims and only attack them because we want to end the war as quickly as possible."

"I see. By creating the rumour, we can make sure the other did not think of us as an attacker but rather a defender when we make a move first."

"Yes. That is why I need the full power of the guild. I want every city-state to know about this and make our enemies look for the worse. I want them to be seen as greedy people who cannot help their hand in taking our riches and people."

"Then I will inform the others about your request. We will help you, my lord."

"Thank you, Lorio."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Biam - Leader of the Thousand Hands Guild|

"Hahahahaha"

"What is it?"

"Read it, my friend."

I looked at my old friend and saw him laughing when he finished reading the letter from Lorio.

"What a cunning little plan. Many young lords will go charging from the front, thinking that it is a proper way to fight in a war. They did not know that there were no rules in war. The healer not only knows when to strike, but he also knows what it needs to strike where it hurts the most."

I agree with what he said.

"Then do you want to take the job? I will take care of the people of Braavos, Pentos and Tyrosh. Do you want to take the rest?"

"Sure. I will take Norvos, Qohor and Myr. Sadly, we still did not have enough people in Volantis to spread the rumour."

"Don't worry about it. I already sent some people in there to make another spider web. It is still new, but they should be enough."

"Then this will be easy."

I smile a little and raise the glass of wine. My friend also does the same, and we make a toast for the biggest job we get after a long time.

5