Chapter 3: Going out
1.1k 7 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up, I realised that I was lying belly down on the floor. Luckily, the mind-numbing pain that I had felt did not break my mind- W, we, good! TAKE COVER!

It did not break my mind mor-

Hooooaaaard the books...

Shutting up, I decided to stand up and check out my body again for the nth time in about 3 days. Perhaps I should stop powering up and actually get to the plo-

...

Ignoring the main voice, Sparkles has taken over! Main started checking out our body only to realise that we have changed again. Dramatically so! We now have wings, scales, and claws that could be retracted and extended...

Shut up! Why did the body change this time? 

I wanted power. The dragon scales are the best defence. The tail provides an additional limb to make fighting me more confusing and difficult.

The wings?

I wanna fly!

Sighing again, I realise that I will be sighing a lot more if I keep this up. Noticing that my mental health was at risk, I decided that I would head out and meet real people for the first time in a few days.

What about books?

And books! 

...

Flinching as a delayed response to the new voice that had popped up in my head. I decided not to question why there was a new voice, for fear of upsetting my mental stability and focused on balancing with all the new additions to my body.

Heh! Mental stability... Shut up.

After a short while of fumbling about, I finally figured out how to use my tail to balance and how to flap my wings. Hmm... I don't think that I can sell this place anymore.

Yea, the floor is shredded. I might need to pay someone to get rid of the claw marks... What should I do?

Destroy this place and seek books...

Use your magic silly!

Oh, right.

Oh, right.

Waving my arm, a tier 3 magic circle materialises, covering the area that I had devastated. 

" [Restoration]." I said as I activated the spell. 

Why did you say its name?

I wanted to.

Watching as the floor slowly rewind through time back to its original pristine state, I thought about how I was supposed to walk around in public while looking absolutely nothing like a human. 

Illusion magic?

Too difficult to maintain for long periods of time...

Hood!

Wings...

Draconic transformation magic... Then, books.

Oh!

My eyes widened as I felt a whole new school of magic unfold in my mind.

Draconic magic!

I started chanting in draconic and gathering the mana required to form the circle that is required.

" [Draconic Transformation]." I whispered softly as a complex spell circle formed on my left wrist. All I had to do was touch it and will for the spell to be broken and I would return to my magnificent true self.

Why did you say the spell name?

Cause it makes me feel cool.

All my inhuman features had been safely hidden away by the magic. All except for my eyes which looked decisively like a predator's.

For a second, I stared at the interface in my peripheral.

Candidates: 5925

Higher beings: 13

Two more had died it seems. I feel kinda bad. Less competition.

While I did still feel dread when I looked at these numbers, I no longer felt like bunkering up near the middle of the planet to ensure my safety.

It IS a good idea!

Now, I feel the burning need and desire to hoard books. Something that I could definitely get behind. After all, that was the original goal anyway. 

YES, BOOKS!

Yes, books indeed. I have only read one since I arrived but no. I need to go out today.

Walking to the front door of the library, I stared at the door and took a few deep breaths. Then, I pushed it open-

It is still locked!

I looked incredulously at my arms. They had gone through the wooden door and had promptly made a hole. I pulled my arms out of the door and made the hole larger. Sighing again, I cast [Restoration]. Then, I unlocked the door using a key from the set I had found on the desk at the reception.

Finally, using the doorknob, I opened the library door and went out into the world for the first time.

Don't react.

Immediately after exiting, I felt a hostile gaze land directly on the back of my head. Taking blue's advice, I did not react. Instead, I simply looked around in wonder. I was in a city of sorts, cars of very old design moved along slowly as people walked around, seemingly in a hurry.

Sunlight!

I took a quick glance at the sun and yes the bright glowing orb was there.

Only one though.

Track your prey...

Ignore him, it is weak.

Keep an eye out and eliminate it when you can. 

Hmm...

After closing the library door, I walked over to the bakery that was across the street opposite my library. Still clad in my ripped shirt, torn shorts and pantiless, I was barred from entering. Biting my bottom lip and clenching my fists, I stared at the door that had been slammed into my face.

I look like a beggar.

Kill him! Take on our magnificent true form!

Ooh, shiny coin.

With inhuman speed, I turned my head to look at the shiny coin on the pavement. Slowing down to a normal 11-year-old short girl's speed, I ran over to the coin and picked it up. A pound!

I am on Earth. England, it seems. It should be around 12 o'clock now?

Now, we can buy some bread!

Hmm... Nah, that old man doesn't deserve my money.

Aww...

My eyes quickly found yet another pound lying near the opening of a covered alleyway. I walked over slowly, gripping my coin tightly.

Trap. Prey... Be careful!

I know!

Picking up the coin, I notice another coin in the dark alley. This time, I could feel two prey staring at me. One was quite the distance away, while the other was in the alley itself. As I walked into the alley, I noticed a magical signature right next to the coin.

With my enhanced sense of smell, I could smell steel as I walked closer to the coin. 

A steel sword cannot harm us.

Use an illusion instead.

Leave the coin alone we can get another somewhere else. 

An invisible man with a sword, huh.

Silently, I chant quickly in draconic.

As I stood before the coin a began bending down to pick it up as I say.

" [Earth Eater]."

The earth beneath my prey opened up and snapped him up, turning him into nothing more than blood paste. A spell circle materialises in my hand.

" Tier 4 [Divination Mirror]. Tier 3 [Guided Bolt]."

I watched in the mirror I had conjured as the bolt of electricity left my hand and flew off to hit the hidden foe. The man, who was already running away through alleys, was burned internally when the bolt struck, killing him.

Good work.

Hmm...

38