Chapter 8: Shameless
805 17 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Syn continued staring(?) at me while I pouted. Suddenly, with both his hands, he squished my cheeks making them deflate.

" Cute..." I heard him say under his breath.

Blushing fiercely internally, I caught his hand and bit him again. Once again, I did it lightly enough that I would not leave a mark. Giving up after 2 seconds of constant nibbling, I ask him a question instead.

" What's up with your eyes? As the god of sight, I am almost certain that you are not blind." Gasping a little I continue.

" Do you perhaps keep your eyes in a jar?!" Seemingly startled, Syn quickly denied it.

" No! No, my eyes are fine! In fact, they are way too powerful." Tilting my head a little, I tried my best to give him a questioning look knowing full well that my facial expression did not in fact change.

Looking a little smug, Syn started explaining.

" You see, when I open both my eyes, I see all information. It was the skill I picked before reincarnation. However, seeing so much information literally makes me unable to see anything. It is quite the paradox, I can see everything, yet I understand nothing."

Ah, so something like Gojo Satoru's eyes from that Jujutsu anime.

" Well, I found out that opening just my right eye gives me visions of the future. That's how I found you! Completely uncontrollable though! I saw us sitting together like this talking about my eyes."

Syn smiled and looked smug. I on the other hand was busy calculating in my head. Flexing my finger a little, I pulled one of the floating strings of fate around me taut. The feeling of being watched suddenly gave me goosebumps on the back of my neck.

" -d my left eye sees the past. This power I can control. Well... most of the time, at least. I haven't used it for much though. Ah! Enough about me, what powers do you have?"

Relaxing my finger, the gaze disappeared. Syn stared(?) at me while vibrating.

" Well, I have my powers as a goddess of fate and I have hyper regeneration. That's about it. Nothing really as interesting as you do."

" What?! That is surprising, I thought you would have had more ideas for powers than I do."

Syn frowned and seemed to scan my face for a sign that I was lying. I smiled.

" Why don't you take me to Asgard? It can be a date, you can introduce me to your friends and dad. I'm sure being single for 100 years has brought up many rumours?"

Syn turned red as a tomato and started denying me immediately. While he was distracted, I pulled and loosened a few threads of fate around him with my left hand. 

Bringing my mouth to his ear, I whispered.

" Come on... I wanna see Asgard~" 

" St-st- FINE! I will take you to Asgard. Father Heimdall! Bring me and this girl up!"

Smiling, I finally relax my left hand.

Soon, the rainbow bridge, Bifröst, shot down from the sky and we shot upwards. The stars and vacuum of space streaked around us as Syn held me close to him. Though the sight of space was quite pretty, I did not bother looking. I was busy sorting out my priorities.

" Hey, Da- Amber, you probably shouldn't mention that you are a goddess of fate. I don't think the Norns wil-"

" Don't worry, my dear. The Norns will not bother me. We have an agreement."

" Why did you call me that?! Also, you have a-"

" Of course, I will call you that! I am supposed to act as thot deterrent. I need to act like your girlfriend."

Soon, I found myself in the launching place(?) of the Bifröst. Heimdall pulled his sword out of the activation keyhole and turned to his son.

" Son, this is your girlfriend? Isn't she a little young and a mortal at that? I can't sa-"

Syn faced his father.

" You weren't listening? She is m-"

" Heimdall, my name is Amber, I am a goddess of fate and Syn's girlfriend."

I cut in and started spinning my tale just in case anyone asked. I am very powerful, I needed a believable backstory to back up my power. Meanwhile, Heimdall's eyes widened and he gripped the hilt of his sword a little bit tighter.

" Do you know of the agreement?"

Rolling my eyes, I answered.

" I am part of the agreement."

Heimdall nodded and waved us off.

" You may enter Asgard then. Go, son! I have to continue watching the prince."

" Ah, Thor. See you later dad."

As we crossed the rainbow bridge, Syn asked me about the agreement.

" Ah, I don't just have an agreement with the Norns, I have them with all the gods and goddesses of fate and those that use aspects of fate across the world."

" Really, I guess the Greek pantheon would have a goddess of fate as well."

Taking a quick look at Syn's facial expression, I continued.

" Well, there are many gods of fate. Daoism has dozens of them, Hemsut is an Egyptian god of fate and protection. Even Aphrodite is part of the agreement."

Surprised, Syn turned and looked at me,

" Aphrodite, isn't she the goddess of love in Greek myths?"

" She uses an aspect of fate to bring lovers together."

" Ah..."

" We as users and gods of fate, are generally great at seeing the big picture. So, sometime in the past, an agreement was made. All gods of fate are not to interfere with another's threads."

" Threads?"

Patiently, I explained to him.

" The threads of fate. Basically, fate can be taken in many forms but threads are the easiest to manipulate. There are threads of fate all around us, the Norns use these threads too."

" What about the Norn stones?"

This time, I was surprised. This fella knew about the elusive Norn stones.

" You know of the Norn stones?"

" Well, the Norns use them so-"

" Ah, say no more, those things are just stones with a lot of energy in them. Enough to affect fate. Come, show me around my dear~"

Syn sighed as I grabbed his arm like the clingy lover I was pretending to be and led me through the city.

32