Chapter 11: Travelling
509 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hi my dear readers! I'm back! I will be updating this fiction once a week from now on.

The next morning, I was zapped awake by my spell.

I spent a good 5 seconds wondering why the zap seemed more potent than normal before deciding that I didn't care. After breakfast, Syn and Astrid walk me to the Bifrost-launching-station-place-thing. 

" Goodbye, Amber! It has been nice, I hope you come visit again in the future." Astrid said to me. Personally, I doubted that I would visit again, at least not for... 50? 60 years? I had places to see and people to meet.

" I will. Sometime before Ragnarok, at least!" 

" Don't joke about Ragnarok, young lady!" I heard Heimdall yell from somewhere in the background. I nodded and waved goodbye to the family and Heimdall turned on the Rainbow cannon and shot me back onto Earth.

Once the stars and random bright lights faded away, I found myself in the park where I had met Syn. Taking a quick look around, I realise that there were no bystanders or onlookers. Satisfied, I stared down, a weird circle of patterns was embedded in the ground. There was no meaning to these patterns and seemed to be aesthetic as far as I could tell.

Facing my palm to the ground, I activate my trusty spell.

" [Restoration]." 

Done, I returned to my empty library to update my fate. Sitting on my bed, I stared blankly at the blank wall organising my scattered thoughts.

" Ah, right."

Carefully, I used my mana to mould a nice shell around my misshapen soul. A shell that reflected my true form as a dragon-girl-goddess as much as possible. Once done, I very, very, very carefully untangled, stretched and squished my soul using tier 3 soul manipulation spells. It looked reminiscent of 3d rendering back in my old world. I removed all the unnecessary limbs, leaving the many eyes that were all over my soul. I did not know exactly how all this shaping would affect me, so I left it there. Hopefully, my soul would grow and accommodate the entire shell.

Next, I closed my eyes and ran a metaphorical finger on the equally metaphorical switches and triggers for all my abilities. Slowly checking each for any new restrictions that may have been imposed due to the difference between the rules of a fictional universe and my currently not so fictional world.

My new ability " Bystander" seemed to be some sort of stealth skill. It allowed me to blend into the crowd, to be a bystander. A rather interesting ability that I could certainly use to my advantage.

Relaxing and exiting my state of concentration, I smiled as widely as my curse would allow me. Opening my eyes, I stared at my hands. Divine energy wafted from my skin as it should with any diety. Yet... 

" So... thin..." I whispered.

My hands shook as I registered the implications of having so little divine energy. Clenching those shaking hands of mine, I zeroed in on the annoying mosquito flying around. 

Moistening my lips, I pulled one of the triggers in my mind.

" [Smite]"

A second later, the mosquito burst into a tiny ball of fire. Such a weak effect, yet that was what made me happy. My tiny pool of divine energy had not dipped in the slightest despite having used a divine ability. 

The laws of this universe were weak. Far weaker than it was from my implanted experiences. Many of my abilities that should be limited by cause and effect could now be used without restrictions.

Standing up, I make my way to the front door of my library.

" Perhaps not weaker, simply... different," I spoke aloud.

Unlike in the books, this universe did not fight against the supernatural. It allowed it.

Making my way out of the library, I sniffed the air. Concentrating, I tried to recognise and name all the different supernatural energies in the air.

" Mana, divine, faith, belief, nature... ki? Lifeforce, dark energy?"

Despite my initial confidence, I found that there were many different energies that didn't seem to interact with one another. Energies that I could not name.

" [Lock]"

Having locked up, I started walking along the road. As I walked, I continued deliberating on what I should do. Once again taking a look at the thin aura of divine energy around my body, I decided on my first task.

" I need to make myself known," I whispered.

What is a goddess without her followers after all? However, I did not want followers. What I wanted were believers. In the eyes of a god, followers provided more divine, belief and faith energy. On the other hand, believers provided a tiny fraction of divine energy, some belief energy and very little faith energy.

Followers do their god's bidding while a believer simply believes that their god exists.

I specifically wanted belief energy. Though divine energy would make me more powerful more quickly, it also carries multiple side effects that can be fatal.

A god who runs off divine energy needs to stick to its myth or the stories that its followers believe in. Using belief energy on its own, though limited, did not come with any side effects.

I continued to walk aimlessly as I thought of what to do.

Finally, I decided to go with plan A. The plan being, a subtle broadcast every minute to one person. Making them believe they saw a faceless goddess pick up a coin from the ground. Following that, walking to and then into the nearest reflective surface.

Yes, specifically a goddess named Amber. 

Why did I not simply broadcast my existence? Rules.

Why did I not pick a few people and proclaim myself as a goddess of fate? Probably because it wouldn't work.

Why did I not just write a book of myself doing super crazy things as a goddess to publish? Because I just thought about it, but am unwilling to forgo my current plan.

Of course, this "broadcast" was done mentally with my rather limited psychic powers... or was it telepathic powers? Whatever.

Focusing really hard, I imagined myself as a transmitter or a tower that sent out a pulse and signal every minute to a random person. A signal that shows this random person the images and feelings associated with seeing a goddess pick up coins and walking into mirrors.

Confusion? Probably.

Opening my eyes, I notice a few suspicious individuals staring at me. I too decided to look upon my body. At the moment, I wore a plain but comfortable white sleeveless dress that I had conjured up on a whim.

I wore no underwear for I found no reason to. 

Unfortunately, I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable due to the slight breeze I feel "down there".

Turning "Bystander" on, I continue walking. 

It was time to travel.

Exploration!!!

Wait... I just realised something. The ancient one ain't so ancient yet! Shoot! How embarrassing...

25