Chapter 12: Mirror hopping
556 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting on a bench, I watched the sunset.

I was currently rather tired from an entire day of walking. Perhaps this "travelling" that I was trying to pull off isn't as fun as I had initially hoped for.

Looking into the little pouch that I had attached to my hip, I cracked a smirk.

On the bright side, I had picked up about 6 pounds worth of coins. I also had a change of clothes. From the white dress to a plain white cotton shirt and comfy woollen grey pants.

I was still going commando, however. There is no changing my mind on that subject.

Though I am rather comfortable on this bench, there was no way I am going to sleep out here. Just imagine the horrible things people would do to a little girl such as I in the middle of the night... They might kidnap me! (A/N: People can't see her... "Bystander")

So... I have decided to sleep in a more secure place.

Looking internally, I took a quick glance at my new store of belief energy. The belief gauge? Belief counter? Meh...

It contained belief energy specifically keyed to me and is increasing slowly even as I watched.

Getting up from the bench, I walked over to the bakery nearby. It had a huge glass window showing the inside of the currently empty and closed bakery. Looking at my rather dull reflection in the said window, I pulled some belief energy and with a practised flick of my hand...

Nothing happened.

Rather it did not seem like anything happened. Visually.

I carefully put my leg through and into the mirror, finally pulling my entire body into the mirror dimension.

Pretty cool right?

One might ask, what is the mirror dimension.

Well, it is a parallel dimension that mimics Earth's plane of existence. It is complete with the same surroundings and inhabitants, but its visual appearance is distorted like a fractured mirror. Sorcerers use the Mirror Dimension as a reconnaissance platform and a teaching aid for magic practitioners since it can be reshaped and manipulated freely without fear of adversely affecting the natural order of the world.

This is the quoted explanation from the marvel fandom website that I had read in my previous life. The long version.

Short version, looks the same but not the same, no consequences for your actions except on yourself... Literally.

With this in mind, I conjured a bed and went to sleep.


While Amber is Sleeping
Kamar-Taj

3rd person POV


" Sorcerer Supreme! The Outer God has stopped moving, this is the perfect time to attack. What are your orders?" A man wearing a monk's habits entered the previously quiet room in a rush.

He stared expectantly at the bald women before him, waiting rather impatiently for the newly appointed Sorcerer Supreme to answer him.

The woman, however, calmly poured herself some tea as she often did unbothered by the sudden intrusion.

" We will not attack her." She said after some deliberation.

" Wha-"

" The Outer God you speak of is an anomaly. A fate anomaly." She interjected.

" We can banish it to another realm. As we have done other monstrosities before." The master of the mystic arts said solemnly.

Though this solution seemed sound to him, the Sorcerer Supreme thought otherwise. She shook her head slowly and took another sip of tea.

This monstrosity will find its way back even if we seal her in the dark dimension. She is fated to always take the best path for herself. It is exactly why she is an Elder God in the first place."

Gesturing with a hand, the powerful woman invited her former student to sit with her. Begrudgingly, the man sat before her.

Taking 3 tea cups, she placed them on the table.

" Imagine that these 3 tea cups all represent Amber, future Amber, the present Amber and the past Amber." The woman pointed at the respective cups.

" Future Amber is programmed to always set the fates of the present and past Ambers. It is ingrained in her soul, mind and body. In her very essence to do this. However, if this were simply the case, Amber would already be destroyed by the massive number of possible fates intermingling." 

Once again, she took a sip of tea.

" What makes her a fate anomaly is not because of her self programming. It is her knowledge of fate, of how to manipulate it and of how manipulation affects it."

With all this said, the man looked conflicted.

" How, how does all this have to do with us not being able to banish it? Many so-called gods know all these things."

" Her knowledge of fate distorts reality to her advantage, she is a self-made algorithm that causes her to instinctively take the best path towards her goals, making things really easy for her to accomplish."

" I still don't understand."

Hearing this, she put down her tea cup and stared into her student's eyes.

" Long story short, she is very lucky. The universe loves her and will protect her! She is basically fate incarnate! She manipulates fate instinctively even now, keeping away enemies and bringing possible allies closer."

The woman's slight outburst shocked her poor former student who still did not understand. However, he did indeed conclude one thing from all this talking. Don't attack the powerful Elder God known as Amber.

" Don't bother attacking her. She is harmless anyway. Just a curious girl travelling the world and reading her beloved stories."

" Yes, Sorcerer Supreme."


Back to Amber!
1st person POV


Yawning, I pulled myself out of bed and searched for the toilet. Until I realised something rather important. 

" FUCK! I don't have a toilet!" Dissolving my temporary bed, I quickly exited the mirror dimension. 

Appearing in front of the bakery, I looked up and found the sun shining down on me. Hurriedly, I rushed into the rather packed bakery and asked the owners if I could use the toilet.

The woman must have seen the desperation on my face since she immediately showed me to the toilet.

I swear to prepare myself better in the future!

26