Regret Of Not Striking Early
824 7 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What was it that resulted in me becoming this way?

 

Was it Anime? Manga? Movie? Well, it does not matter for it to be within the grasp of my hand is all the importance.

 

Ultimate power that transcends the peak of all powers and defies the inner world’s laws. A mystical power undecipherable by mankinds. In other words, the era of magic.

 

Does not a meager thought of that captivates your mind? Personally, it makes my blood boils.

 

Mmmh. So it was that.

 

It was the moment when I almost conceded from attaining the pinnacle of power.

 

In the past, there had been many like me, purely driven by inner drives that exuberantly propelled them, no, us forward. And to that end, we had been fighting ceaselessly against our nemesis of who we dubbed as ‘society’.

 

However, like a trickle of water, all seething desires and wishes would eventually recede and fade to ‘lunacy’. But I remained standing amidst our former land of our past creation called “The world’s depthless bottom, notwithstanding the incurable disease that had struck my colleagues to turn against me and our own creations.

 

Former peers, in other words.

 

I still vividly remember my elementary school life, that event of falling down across the stairs and becoming a ball.

 

It would have been fine with just crashing my head against the wall, but I somehow managed to bounce from the floor and out through the already opened window. During that moment, nobody tried to halt my frenzy body and while that experience was the only time I got the highest score of attention in all of my memories, I ultimately crashed to the ground in the end.

 

I think I had made a wrong footing while trying to walk down the stairs, or that I had collided with someone’s foot. But then, those are insignificants.

 

Despite having had fallen through three floors, my breathing was still ongoing yet faint.

 

Prevailing the fleeting consciousness from the lack of oxygen, my vision was flickering in a series of white and black sight as the world around gradually accepted the latter, but then it instantaneously flashed into a white world again permanently.

 

When all of that had happened, I was shown a magnificent scene of which I had never seen before, inscribing the sights deep within the inside of my brain and had left me with intoxicating wills after that.

 

Within that heavily guarded memory, I can vividly replay a white world mentally that encapsulates a unique view of unknown and abnormal people fighting beyond what Earth’s can imagine. With the slightest movement from the coolish-looking man with his sword in his hand, fountains of blood sprout the next second as freshly decapitated bodies and heads fall on to the white ground, smearing it with vivid dark redness.

 

Naturally, it does not require an imagination to guess what has caused that to happen.

 

Simply, it is magic!

 

Given that everything except the people fighting there are painted in blinding white color, I can say with absolute certainty that magic truly exists beyond the mortal realm of comprehension. It is only due to our mortal flaws as naturally born and ignorant humans to not realize the existence of such power.

 

Whatever that place was, magic was the norm and everything loyally followed the rule of magic! Just thinking about magic trembles me!

 

And with that, while I was embracing the sight, the world suddenly returned to reality as the scene of me being moved by the dragged stretcher was the sight to behold the next moment.

 

When I realized that the magical white world had left me, the exhilarating stimulation of having experienced true magic for the first time had left me intoxicated at that time.

 

"MagicmagicmagicMAGICMAGICMAGIIICCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!"

 

"Poor kid, it seems his head injury is a severe one."

 

"What are you expecting? He did miraculously survive that fall."

 

"Bro, are you guys fucking around a dying kid? You two really have guts to chit-chat with zero sense of urgency!”

 

“Calm down man, I mean, we’ve been doing this kind of job and all of it has been ending with money in our pockets anyway.”

 

“Betch’ ya mah’ dude. In this modern age, lon’ as you get the money, nothin’ matters, mah’ dude.”

 

“...both of you are fucked up.”

 

So said while being dragged to the ambulance.

 

Mmmh, I should have been more diligent in attaining my life-goal. Well, what you did cease to change in history in the end.

 

And with that, that concludes my background.

 

While walking through the kitchen clasping the mug on my hand, I settle myself on a chair inside the kitchen and fix the mug on the table in front of me before cautiously taking a sip of the just recently brewed coffee inside the mug.

 

"The time has come……"

 

So saying, I return the mug and make a fist with exultant emotions.

 

Before having been walking around the house at midnight, I was just sleeping on my bed as usual when something suddenly woke me up. Likewise, many would dub this occurrence as a natural phenomenon of ‘work stress’ or ‘nightmare’ for a more stereotypical mortals’ story. Or maybe the deep end of ‘regrets’ or ‘depression’.

 

I will admit it, I did think one of them was the cause. But unbeknownst to me, I could not regress back to my slumber no matter the tedious methods I tried, and thus leaving me to wander around in rumination with rising expectations.

 

That is right, it is the awakening of magic!

 

From the hypothesis of the experience gathered from that white world, the feeling that is happening within my body is significantly similar to it and is further proven through the strive of gathering books of antiquities quality across the world of which have been known to be nonexistent by the masses of the world’s populace.

 

The base of operation for that end has been my concealed bedroom restricted by the magic-imbued sign ‘Restricted Area’ in front of the door which has been stopping intruders including the house’s members from barging uninvited. The sign is indeed that powerful with just a tad of incantations imbued into it.

 

Crucifixion, meridian flows, rites, meditation and a plethora of them. Everything is within the grasp of my hand and it is only natural that I learn them all from the age of three.

 

"My vision is getting blurry……"

 

Immediately after saying that, a dazzling orb suddenly manifests out of thin air before swirling around my head. My eyes are effortlessly captivated by its sight as I unconsciously follow every bit of its movement.

 

However, when I finally regain my senses, I immediately realize that the kitchen has already been infested with innumerable numbers of it while the origin is still flying around me and its copies dancing across the room, exhibiting beauty and grace.

 

I am… in awe!

 

This is it, this is unquestionably the ritual for magic bestowment!!!

 

"It will not be long… damn hell, this troublesome headache!"

 

My world is spinning as I salivate the event transpiring before me.

 

The effects from that is forcibly stumbling me whenever I try to stand properly, deterring my path for the living room. The reason I am heading there is for the sake of better spaces and exposure for the dazzling orbs.

 

After having arrived at the living room, I instantly drop down and stretch out my arms widely while swimming my eyes across the room in erratic motions.

 

"IIKUA ME KIFHANA. MALEKRU BOH MOSAKYUVA. DI FUAK SOL-!!!”

 

Spouting ancient words from the books I had harnessed, all the while ignoring the pain and fatigue that are gradually tainting my body, the orbs are continuously phasing through my body. The others that swirl around me are now lumping together and creating a bigger matter from their added masses, gradually luring the orbs phasing through me towards it for further combination until there is nothing left phasing me.

 

The orbs are cute. They are too excited from hearing magic chantings to the point of leading to from a bigger orb just to hear my the endearing words!

 

I can feel it. The dormant magic within me is all true, the defect of limited perceptions being thrown out the window… it is being rapidly awakened from its slumber after having been suppressed from human flaws!

 

“KOAL KFIA UUEKA HEGAFOMAKA-!??”

 

But then just as when all things are proceeding smoothly, the huge orb suddenly transforms into a black thread. One of its ends is pointing at me as all the pain and fatigue that have been accumulating within me have now disappeared.

 

C-Could it be!?

 

Damn yea! I am being granted the power of magic!!!

 

I quickly strip off my clothes and hurl my body in the smack of the room, exposing the dangling lower part of my body as my eyes swim erratically around the room to allow for the process’s maximum efficiency while bolting my body hardly to the floor.

 

As I erratically stare at the black thread suspended on top of my face with its end pointing at my face, it then moves its end away from my face to become a horizontal line, causing a black rift to materialize from its end’s trajectory.

 

And what comes out of it is… are those tentacles?

 

But then suddenly, the entire living room is rapidly shrouded with what seems to be pitch black tentacles while they are squirming their tentacle bodies and contacting everything with it.

 

Whichever direction my eyes settle on, all returns a pitch black color. But strangely, I can still ‘see’ the rift and the squirming tentacles despite being surrounded with the total darkness that is rapidly being painted throughout my vision.

 

It squirms around its numerous tentacles while the rift slowly opens due to the tentacles’ actions of forcefully trying to come out of the rift, at the same time moving Its tentacles to leisurely reach my face.

 

I am still in a trance and fearful state of losing the once-in-a-lifetime event, so I will never move from my current position.

 

And so, the moment one of the tentacles’s tip marginally touches my cheek, my mind instantly flickers in white and black again, however, it only lasts for seconds before eventually settling on a white world.

 

After that, a humanoid black figure mysteriously stands in front of me in contrast to the world’s color.

 

Am I… standing right now?

 

A weird sensation is felt from my limbs, but when I look at my legs, my body freezes.

 

The white world. It is engulfing me!

 

Before I can do anything, the black figure’s hazes into the world, joining as one with it before my consciousness is dyed white along with it.

 

"But magic ha… ven……"

7